Maid visa

Can someone tell me what and how I get a visa for my maid. She is from the Philippines and we would like her to accompany us to Mauritius and work in Mauritius for us.
Thank u

You have to contact the 'Ministry of Labour and Industrial Relations' to inquire whether she is eligible for a work permit.

Thank u Winston

Hi Sarah,

Did you manage?

I'm in the same situation, we are relocating from Dubai shortly and we'd like to take our Maid with us. She is from the Philippines as well.

Any info is highly appreciated.

All the best,

Alberto

Hello Alberto
Me too we are from AD
No, it's really difficult especially for Philipinno
Al trying to look for one here but trust me it's very very different.u have to teach them each and everything and they don't have any idea what to do
There English is .... so forget about the Arabic
If u manage let me know
Thank u

It's very tricky to get your Maid (or similar staff) to Mauritius. The basic principle is that we are opening doors to foreigners to (also) create more jobs for local people. Authorities will ask you for what 'professional' reasons are your maids better than Mauritians. Whatever reasons you may give, you will be told that Mauritians can also do it and it is added advantage to have a local person ... because he / she knows the country and the way things work here.

Been there...

Hello everyone,

Once more, some posts have been put aside. Please note that any unwelcome behaviour will not be allowed on the forum.

All the best,
Bhavna

Any info on getting a maid to Mauritius from other countries

Hello Bhavna
Is it regarding my post
My apologies if anything I said is wrong and you may go ahead and delete it

Regards
Sarah

Hello Sarah,

No, not at all, another member who has since been banned.

Cheers,
Bhavna

Thank you Bhavna
Xxx