Overstay in Mauritius

Hi my self yash(india)was landed as a visit visa on Mauritius 15th march they given me 15days stay but for some work issues i stay 35days more should i ban for Mauritius once i go india can i come again
Or what can i do......

Staying for 50 days due to 'work issues' when you were given only 15 days for a VISIT is definitely considered a long overstay. There is high possibility that you won't be granted entry the next time you try to visit Mauritius.

Especially now that crackdown on visa/entry permit frauds and irregularities are in full gear.

Aren't Indian nationals visa exempt for 90 days?

Islander316 wrote:

Aren't Indian nationals visa exempt for 90 days?

He probably meant the entry permit - the stamp on the passport indicating the number of days allowed  for the visit.

Yash0520 wrote:

Hi my self yash(india)was landed as a visit visa on Mauritius 15th march they given me 15days stay but for some work issues i stay 35days more should i ban for Mauritius once i go india can i come again
Or what can i do......

I take from the text that he was given a tourist visa for 15 days stay.
If you are here working you should have got a work permit visa or entry clearance on that basis.

You cannot simply just enter a country as a visitor and then work for an extra seven weeks without application for extension of visit and also not applying in the first place for clearance to come to Mauritius to work for a short period of time. 

No wonder there is uproar about the clampdown on visas and permits in Mauritius when people are flouting the immigration laws of a country for personal gain. Your data will no doubt be on file at immigration and you may find that the Police Officer at the airport gives you no clearance to enter Mauritius the next time you try to come here. It is not his fault he is doing his job, it will be your fault for failing to comply with the laws of the country.

Hi, in general yes you m8ght face issue if ever you decide to come back.
But, case to case, you can explain and you may be granted an entry next time.
Taking into consideration, genuise, case

The authorities will appreciate if you report to their office and tell them about your situation before they themselves find out and chase you.

Hi everyone I overstayed my student Visa for a year and four month due to the cancellation of student Visa  and closure of our school , I  was return back to my country while my girlfriend was five month pregnant which she gave birth to a girl then I invited her to my country with our daughter of 5month  later got married and she return back to deliver our second daughter who is now 7month ... we tried processing my application back but it wasn't acceded to by the immigration which we got a legal counsel to appeal for us ... I want to know if there are penalties for it or I will still not be allowed to be visit or live with my family

Hi Winston-
You seem to know the laws re - immigration in Mauritius.
Im a US citizen living on and off on the island for over 5 years now being mindful of overstaying now that' I'm re- applying for 3 year work visa. Ive decided to not continue with the renewal but make the investment in 2020. I now have 8 days left to stay on the island before it exceeds the 180 days. I will return end of Nov on tourist visa meanwhile. If i need to extend for an additional 5 -7 days is this something I can arrange with the immigration office being that I have good history without any issues ?

Malibusurfrider wrote:

Hi Winston-
You seem to know the laws re - immigration in Mauritius.
Im a US citizen living on and off on the island for over 5 years now being mindful of overstaying now that' I'm re- applying for 3 year work visa. Ive decided to not continue with the renewal but make the investment in 2020. I now have 8 days left to stay on the island before it exceeds the 180 days. I will return end of Nov on tourist visa meanwhile. If i need to extend for an additional 5 -7 days is this something I can arrange with the immigration office being that I have good history without any issues ?

Not sure if additional days of stay are granted beyond the 180 days.

But I would recommend calling in at the Passport and Immigration Office to sort this out. It can work out, or not.

Hi everyone
I came to Mauritius on a Tourist Visa and I was gaven 20 days.
After one week some days I visited the immigration department of passport and visa for extension.

When I got there I was asked to photo copy all my documents to bring it back to my visa extension.
But when I came out I started to get sick,my started to beat very fast to the point that I nearly died.
I charter a taxi to take me to any near by hospital.
The taxi to me chisty sifia clinic in Port Louise.
I was admitted.

And I got all my medical Bills and certificate from chisty sifia clinic.
I have it in my possession.

After I came home the next day it was not easy on me again,I have to RSS international hospital for another check up.

The problem was to no avail.
I was one of their everyday sick patient.
While I taught there was no improvement I also visited the Grand Baie clinic and I was admitted for one night with Enough medicine to be taken.

I got all medical Bills and certificate including lab results from the Grand Baie clinic I have it with me.

There was still no way to my problem,so I decided to go back to RSS international hospital.
I went the same situation was still the same.
I have all necessary documents from there three 3 hospital. 2 clinic one hospital.

Now doing this illness my visa got expired on march 1,2022 and my new return ticket is march 18,2022.

With this situation will I be deported or ban from entering Mauritius anytime of my choice?

It really worrying me alot.

I have all necessary documents from there medical center.
Some please help me.

Do I still need to go to  immigration for extension before my departure on the 18 of March 2022?

Yes. You do need to get your visa extended. Just show them your bills etc. They are lenient as long as you have all the papers when you go there.

@Idiamin

Hello, I am in the same situation with my husband. However, we didn't get a legal counsel, could you please tell me if they have granted you access to Mauritius again and of so, after how long ?

Thank you in advance.

@Idiamin

Hello,

I am in a similar situation with my husband, however, we didn't get a legal counsel. We have sent the required documents to the Immigration office and they told us to wait until they contact us again.

Could you please tell me if they granted you access to Mauritius again and if so, how long it took for the procedures ?

Thank you in advance.

Hello Aurel19,

The member to whom you addressed your question hasn't been active on the website for 3 years now. Maybe try to contact immigration services and enquire.

Hope someone can guide you.

All the best,

Bhavna

Hi I came to mauritius in student visa and I have overstayed for a year but as my course was for 3 years I have finished 2 year of my course and I have my offer letter for my 3 Rd year as the university is telling to go back to India for visa renewal so will be there any issue of ban or no re-entering mauritius in airport ? If I show valid proof of offer letter

@pushpak ram inbox me

@pushpak ram

You cannot overstay your visa for even one day. Immigration can only extend your visa before it expires. After it has expired, they cannot even process it on their system except under extreme circumstances like a medical condition or natural disaster etc, but would require a legal counsel and proof of your medical emergencies and so on. If you have overstayed for one year, you will be asked to depart the country and you will be bared from reentering for a duration of time on a case to case basis.