Work Permit In Mauritius for Hepatitis B infected person

Hi Guys,

I am going to apply for workpermit in Mauritius.
When i went through the list of medical tests i came to know that it also incldues Hepatitis B surface antigen test.
Unfortunately, i am hepatitis B carrier.
Will my work permit get rejected since i am hepatitis b carrier or it depends on the level of virus i am carrying.
that means it may or may not get rejected
Guys, please suggest.

Hi Eric,
Well your application is not 100%sure,Because it being stated that if you are infected with any of the above, you might not get a permit or be repatriated back to your country of origin.
HIV, HEPATITIS A OR B, CHEST INFECTION.....you have to pass all , before you can be consider legal here in Mauritius....but they need to look at it from this angle also,  what of the thousands of tourists that comes in without being tested for HIV, hepatitis a and b or whatsoever who end up having fun without protection and all this  diseases/ virus is being spread..............?

well for you to have  a sanitize environment, check every and anyone that is coming to Mauritius for both long term and short term visit.

Wish you luck.

Thanks Lith,

You mean to say there are still chances of getting work permit.
Its not like thumb rule...if a person is infected with any of these deseases he must not get work permit..
Infact my virus level is very less and i dont need any medication as well..
Immigration authority should consider these things also while taking decision.

Regards
Eric

Hi. Pls, can you tell me how did you end up? Accepted or refused for the visa? Thank you very much.