Procession time for Premium Visa (and other visa)

Hello everybody,

Did anybody apply for a Premium Visa lately?

I applied on December 30, last year, and they stated that the processing time would be at least 8 days, with an average of 23 days.

I know that I am just a little over the average processing time, but I am getting a little impatient and would like to compare to others.

:-)

Thanks and see you soon on Mauritius!

Jan

@mail61

Good evening, over the turn of the year this processing can take a little longer, holidays and vacation time.

A further complication is that the foothills of a hurricane are putting the island in a state of emergency. It's been raining a lot for a good week, the current highlight is the flooding in many parts of the island and the clean-up work to follow.

So it could take a while, but it won't be dramatic. You can also enter with a tourist visa, which can be extended to 180 days. So if you want to enter the country in March/April, you still have 6 months to go.

In my opinion, you will receive the premium visa before you enter the country. If the authorities are still missing something, they will come to you and get all the necessary information.

There is no exact period of commitment for the premium visa. It can take a few hours to several weeks, it is as variable as the weather.

Thank you Stefan.

The fallback alternative with the tourist visa is a good one!

Update: we recieved our Prium Visa today!

In total it took 41 days for processing.

@mail61 oh my that is so long! I'm sorry but also happy for you :) I will finalise our family visas in June after i check out the areas in May. Then i will sign up for my health insurance and residential contract and apply for the visas.  I really hope our visas dont take too long but i am glad that i saw this post and the idea for vacation is great as a backup!!

Which insurance did you go with and are they affordable?

Hi Folks...I am told they are no longer issuing Premium Visa in 2023...I wonder if anyone else has an update on this? It was an immigration service expert who told me this.

On the other hand the app;lication portal of residency.mu is still allowing applications!

@peterg123 I applied 1st March sill awaiting verification I'll keep you posted.

@faniemohamed we got health insurance from "passport card". Not the cheapest, but we want worldwide coverage and German service...

thanks Roo

@peterg123  the Premium visa is still available

@peterg123 many countries are stopping Premium visas shortly, as well as Golden visas. I don't think Mauritius is one of them.

Thanks all. to apply for a Premium you need amongst other things a return ticket and reserved accommodations...I don't know if for a  whole year or just a short period. But buying the return ticket max validity will be a year, though who knows how long the visa takes?

It's kinda hard to have a residential contract when you are not even in MU to choose a house!??

@peterg123 I just sent a booking confirmation for a hotel for the first two weeks. I added a statement that I would search for a house when I am in Mauritius and that I would provide the new address as soon as possible.

Regarding the return flight, I only had a reservation for a flight I am not planning to take. There are some online agencies that provide flight reservations for 20-30€.

@mail61 Thanks so much. This is excellent information. I don't know if you can provide info on those airline agencies that provide this service you mention, but I would be very grateful. There is no point throwing money away on tickets that go defunct and you  have to buy again all over. Very grateful for your response.

Try onewayfly, toponwardticket or bookonwardticket. After reserving the ticket you should be able to go to the actual airline website, search for it, and find it there. Book only a few days before you fly in though as the reservations don't last that long. Having said that, on our journey to Mauritius nobody ever asked to look at a return ticket, nor have they since (but don't rely on that happening...)

I ordered a booking package on travelvisabookings dot com for 20 USD

@mail61 What does the package consist of? Is it just a reservation of a flight instead of a complete payed for return flight?

@oshudofsky exactly.

@RooUK  Did you get your Prem Visa and how long did the process ytake?

@mail61 Do you know which companies offer flight reservations for 20/30 euro?

@sebmerle But to where for Mauritius?

I ordered a booking package on travelvisabookings dot com for 20 USD        -@mail61

@sbmerle here i booked it...