U.S. Citizen Looking for a Job in Singapore

Hi all,

I'm a U.S. citizen located in Washington D.C. currently trying to find employment opportunities in Singapore.  I would be extremely grateful for any recommendations on how to look for job ads, recommended web sites, information on current job market etc.  I graduated from a top university and have about 6 years of work experience in Business Strategy consulting. Any information would be appreciated!  Thanks!!

Hi Madhs!

Welcome to Expat-Blog! :)

You could also view the Singapore guide, it contains detailed and useful information about finding a job.

Hope it helps!

Regards
Sheetul

Thank you!  I will definitely check it out.

The political (and economic) climate is currently stacked against giving jobs to foreigners, so even if you find a willing employer, your visa (employment pass) is far from guaranteed.
This might change after the elections (date not announced yet), so I recommend waiting a few more months.
Also, if you search directly in Singapore you will most likely get local conditions and pay, which is less than you get back home. Cushy "Expat"-type contracts are getting rare and can only be had by applying to the foreign headquarter of the sending company.

Good luck,
    Frank