Teacher Certification in Dublin

Hello !

I'm considering moving to Dublin and naturally would like to secure some sort of job.

Im from New York and I am a certified (initial) teacher in the state. 

I was wondering if anyone knew about teacher certification reciprocity or if I have to go through another certification process what it would look like.

I should also mention that I do not have a Masters Degree, which I have a feeling might affect the outcome.

Thanks in advance !!

Bridget

Hi Bridget,

Welcome to Expat-Blog :D

I'm sure the other members will soon give you some feedback on the teacher certification reciprocity ;)

Thank you

Maximilien
Expat-blog Team

hi bridget,
i am a primary teacher from ireland,you need to contact the teaching council in maynooth contact them first,then send your papers to them to be certified they will require a police cert as well then after a month they will give you membership with a number.then contact the department of education to be registered with them.the substitute rate of pay is good but please you need to register with teaching council in maynooth co.kildare,and with the departmnt in athlone,co.westmeath.

Thank you so much Norma!  I really appreciate.

Out of curiosity do you teach in a state sponsored school or an international one ?

hi bridget,
i teach in a state sponsored one they are the most common.
dont worry about not having masters,most dont have one
here is the departments phone number ask for primary section
0035396484092 to be on their books for substitute work,in dublin most plentiful,but dublin is expensive to live in,where i live.

they will regognise your qualifications but register with teaching council first to send your papers as well to them.