Living and working in Dublin as a South African

Hello All !

I would really like make the move to Ireland in 2013.  As a South African will I be able to apply for a job in Ireland and will I be granted a work permit? I am still studying towards a degree and have 13 years work experience. Any advice will be appreciated.

Thank you and happy festive season to all !!!!

I know loads of SA's living in Ireland.  I think you will have an easy enough time.  What type of work do you do?  What languages do you speak?  Hope I can help.

Hi Murphygirl,

Thank you for your response.

I work in the financial service industry. Pension and Provident funds.  I thought my only option is to study in Ireland, but I would rather want to be employed and maybe study part - time. Should I get a work offer from an employer?

I speak English, Afrikaans and little bit Italian.

I will share this with a friend of mine and maybe he can suggest to you the best ideas

Thank you, I do appreciate your input.

My email address is as follows:

[email protected]

To be perfectly honest there aren't a huge amounts of jobs in Ireland now I think you would be better off somewhere like Holland or Belgium and even as far away as Canada! Lots of jobs at the moment back home!

Well, Canada was my 2nd option.  I should most probably consider my options there. 

Thank you, once again.

Hello sanlam.

You should read the various articles in the Ireland participative guide. It might help. ;)

Thank you,
Aurélie

HI
I am from India.I am finished my Electronics degree and I finished my Diploma in management from NZ.I wish to get job and work visa from Ireland.Anybody can help or give good information

am south African, i know i can visit ireland without a visa but looking for ways to get work permit or greencard, work and study in UK before, im in IT