Work permit without job offer

Hello everyone :D my name is Thulie from south africa. I want to relocate and work in Dublin but I have no job offers nor work permit. If you apply the first thing they asked is work permit. ..Please help as I want to relocate asap

Hi there. I'll be following this post as I'm looking into the same. Good luck to you!

Hi Thulie,

Trust you well.

Welcome to the forum, i too joined not so long ago with the exact same intention. I however wanting to look at job offer route with permit for myself, wife and taking our kids over as well.

Let me know if you make any contacts etc or get a line, as i will do the same for you. Busy trying to chat with my friend who is currently in Ireland for a few years now. Hopefully he can give me a few leads on how to go about doing this.

My other option i was thinking starting a business in Ireland, but the capital layout once converted in ZAR is not reachable.

Unless a few of us come to together and apply to do business.

Mad Indian.
Cape Town

Hi All :)

We are in the same boat... also want to get the family over.

Please let us know if you get any leads or ideas and we will do the same.

Have a happy day

Cape Town
C & D

Hi

Is there any new news on this subject?

Thanks

Hi all,

Citizens of South Africa do not need a visa to enter Ireland.

However, all non-EEA citizens (this includes South African citizens), do need a General Employment Permit; information about these can be found from this link.

Hope this helps.

Cynic
Expat Team

hi,  i am malaysian citizenship and i would like to get a job in ireland but i need a working permit. please advise me how to get a job (what evet job as long i can move to ireland and work) and how to get a working permit.

einnas wrote:

hi,  i am malaysian citizenship and i would like to get a job in ireland but i need a working permit. please advise me how to get a job (what evet job as long i can move to ireland and work) and how to get a working permit.

Hi Einnas and welcome to the Forum.

It can't just be any job, it needs to be one that pays in excess of 30,000 euro p/year.  For that sort of salary, you'll need to have some really good key skills/qualifications.

Best of luck with your journey.

Cynic
Expat Team

Hi All :)

I'l be following this post too.

Malaysian here with a graphic design background and qualification who needs a job of any kind just to get that experience in Ireland and keen to learn the culture of Irish.

Please let me know if you get any leads or ideas and will do the same if anything comes by.

Blessed day everyone!

Cheers~
dinish

HELLO EVERY1

What about teaching jobs there??

Hi all,

Think this listing ran dead as the questions are not answered appropriately.

The catch 22 for South Africans, you need to source a company willing to offer you a job in Ireland and arrange a work permit.

Most of the jobs companies state that you need to have the appropriate permit to apply for the post even if you in that skill or trade.

So it is a dead end from what I can tell.

You will need a job offer to get a work permit, unless you have a highly skilled job/qualifications?
What is your job currently?

I'm teaching here as an English Teacher to Arab students from ages 6-14 years..
I don't think so that they will offer a job from somewhere outside as their locals must be looking for the jobs as well!

Hi,

Do you have your teaching degree? Or is it just teaching the English Language?
They will always pick an Irish native over anyone for these types of jobs unless your highly skilled. But I am sure some research will lead you were you need to go.

chantallee1980 wrote:

You will need a job offer to get a work permit, unless you have a highly skilled job/qualifications?
What is your job currently?

Hi chantallee1980, you said - You will need a job offer to get a work permit, unless you have a highly skilled job/qualifications -  I am enquiring on behalf of my sister and her family from Iran who do have the qualifications and already employed within the critical skills criteria - and have over 10 years of experience in that in Iran. As we understood you would still need a job offer even for critical skills to get work permit and then a visa. Have we misunderstood??

Would be most grateful for your reply and any advice you might have.

Thank you in advance to you and/or anyone else who can shed some light on this.

Yes you still need a job offer to apply for the permit under the Critical Skills Category, usually the Employer will apply for the permit for you in this area of work.
Refer to the many websites available it has all the information you need. Good Luck

Hey guys,

I am on the same boat. My wife's family is in Ireland (It might be a plus factor) but I want to know if it is possible to apply for a job in Ireland even through tourist visa?

Advil12 wrote:

Hey guys,

I am on the same boat. My wife's family is in Ireland (It might be a plus factor) but I want to know if it is possible to apply for a job in Ireland even through tourist visa?

You can't work with a tourist visa.

Yow, What I meant is, I will be there as a tourist but I am planning to submit my CV online and try to get a job offer. If let's say an employer give me one, can I change my status and get a working permit? Is that possible?
If I have a job offer, can I apply for a working permit? :/

You can apply, but you might have to go home and apply for a work visa from home first. The Irish immigration office will tell you the correct procedure.

Thanks man! I appreciate it.

Yeah well, that's it then?
I guess the whole system is designed in such a way that neither you nor anyone else can help you with it...

You need a WORK PERMIT to Get a JOB in Ireland.
But then...
You need a JOB to Get a WORK PERMIT for Ireland.

So then in the end, from all the research I've done; over the immigrations help & support websites, forums, Job Consultancies, blogs, job portals, hiring Agencies & several experts; I have understood One Thing...
& That is for all NON-EU aspirants - Unless you are a Special Person with a Critical Skill, stop dreaming about Ireland! You will only be wasting your time trying and eventually end up with a broken heart! :(
No Place for a Common Moderate Beings there!
THE END!

Likewise, during my research I've found that for Non-EU citizens, the most common way is through the Third Level Graduate Program.. do a masters and then you have 2 years to look for a job.

I suppose immigration is tight for a reason

And even then, if you have a non-EU spouse, it's not likely that they'll be approved to work. :/

Hi everyone. Non EEU citizen here working in Ireland.

In my case i was lucky I got a job offer that also included them processing my work permit. My field is part of the critical skills that the government has identified (IT), and from what I understand they need to have a market study before they can start to look for  non EEU applicants.

There are companies willing to offer you a job with a work permit attached to it. From what I know the medical and IT fields are some them.

You can also take the student route but I am not too familiar with it.

Hope it helps

Hi

I have 5 years of experience in recruitment. Can I get a job in Ireland from india

Hi and welcome to the Forum.

Please read the "    IRELAND - WORK PERMITS" post at the top of the Ireland Forum.

Hope this helps.

Cynic
Expat Team

hIe Thulie

I am in the same boat with u.My friends teamed up and raised enough to start business.now they are in Ireland.

I think if we team up with others who are here for the same cause we do the visa through investment after all it is to our advantage because u move with your family it allows that  i believe.

So guys if u are interested lets do it.

I am Themby

Hie Themby

Please count me in

Thembie, what's your mobile

Is following way possible to get a work permit?

1.Starting an Irish business as a non-EU citizen
2.Applying for work permit with your own Irish business as a company director
3.Work permit
4.Moving to Ireland

Hi. I'm a South African, with just a passport, no visa nor work permit but wana go to Ireland and get just a general work. What do I do guys?

You will need a work permit or a visa to enter Ireland. Try www.gov.ie for information.

Google search for possible employment.