Brazilian bar in Mauritius?

Hi, everybody

I need some advice here.
Me and my wife are considering to live in Mauritius for a year or maybe two.
She is a bartender and we would like to rent a place and open a little bar with some brazilian snacks (we are from Brazil).

You who live or have been there would say this is a good bet to Mauritius right now?
Or the island have already too many little business like that?
Besides, maybe someone can answer about alcohol licence, is it easy to get?

Thanxs!

Too many such businesses in mauritius.

You may hear from others too.

There are no such thing like a theme bar in Mauritius. Perhaps a Salsa or Latin bar would be great

Thank you, Kevinson and Tura

Every opinion is very important for me now.

Hi,

the problem is that if you want to start a business, you must invest $100,000 and generate 4M rupees income every year

Hi, Julien

Thank you for the information.

You mean $ 100.000 dollars of initial?

About the 4M rupees, well, that will be known only after the first year, isn't it?
I should have a businness plan, but no one really knows, right?

Tanxs

That's a good idea, DanyJedi, thank you!

Hey Ivan,

Thats a great idea. I had been to Rio a couple of years ago and loved the music and the nightlife on the Copa beach. We do have Brazallian night in Le Suffren Hotel in Mauritius atleast once in a couple of months. They serve Brazalian cocktials and also have Samaba dancing by tranined Mauritian dancers. You can check out the pictures on Le Suffren facebook page.

I am sure your bar idea will work.

Cheers and all the best!!!
Terence

Hi Terence

Thank you for the tip about Le Suffren.
If we make it, I will let you know about our brazilian bar!

Best

Fala rapaiz ... tudo bein ...!!
EU morei em Porto Seguro ( 1991 -1994 ) y agora moro aqui desde decembro 2011.
Os requerimentos migratorios para pegar um work permit es muito dificl alem de demostrar poder de investimento ( $100K ) ..
Voce tein que considerar que alcohol es muito caro.  - aqui tein uma das melhores universidades de hoteleria do mundo
Mauritius nou tein muita vida noturna ..
me envia seu coordenadas por skype y falamos ..

@JuanMoreno, can you please write in english on this Anglophone forum so that we can understand? :)

Thank you,
Aurélie

@JuanMoreno, HUH??????

My apologies
Hi Men ... Everything is Ok ?
I leave in Porto Seguro (1991-1994)and now I'm leaving here in Mauritius
Migration condition to have a work permit is not easy and you need to have at least $100K as investment. Alcohol is expensive. Mauritius have world class Tourism and Hotelery Universities. Send me your skype to have a private chat ..
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++   
Fala rapaiz ... tudo bein ...!!
EU morei em Porto Seguro (1991 -1994) y agora moro aqui desde decembro 2011.
Os requerimentos migratorios para pegar um work permit es muito dificl alem de demostrar poder de investimento ( $100K ) ..
Voce tein que considerar que alcohol es muito caro.  - aqui tein uma das melhores universidades de hoteleria do mundo
Mauritius nou tein muita vida noturna ..
me envia seu coordenadas por skype y falamos ..

I've been here only a month and tried out some of the nightlife, mostly in the North. I have never found a decent caipirinha anywhere so far or seen a real Brazilian bar. Apparently there's Brazilian barman at the "On the Rocks" in Port Louis, but have not tried it yet.

Silvano

@Silvano
You can stop by Russian Hut and ask for "Kaipirovska" edelflower. Instead of cashasa it comes with a premium Russian vodka but tastes very nice.

@Ivan1970
It is a very taugh business and very seasonal in terms of the cashflow. Upfront investments are not small as it was already mentioned and you have to capture the niche that will pay your costs at least plus consider the return on invsetment timeline. However, if you have a vision and the desire - you need to be here, visit the places, talk to people, make your math and a final call. "Never let anyone who cannot live their dream ruin yours" (q)FS but make an educated decision. Good luck!!! 

Silvan0 wrote:

I've been here only a month and tried out some of the nightlife, mostly in the North. I have never found a decent caipirinha anywhere so far or seen a real Brazilian bar. Apparently there's Brazilian barman at the "On the Rocks" in Port Louis, but have not tried it yet.

Silvano

Hey, Juan, Silvao and Anton,

Thank you very much for the messages, and as Anton said, I will soon be there with you guys to take a closer look.
If the project runs right, I will invite all of you for the inauguration, with brazilian cachaça, of course
:)

A few times i've passed through Grand Bay and see many Resto/bar type places practically deserted. If you look on www.lexpressproperty.com you'll see many bars, restos and mini-hotels for sale/rent. My thinking is that, if it was such good business, why would people be getting out of this business? However, having said this, I believe some people could succeed in this business but only if they have proper, well-thought out marketing strategies.

Good thougts, Storm!

Thank you for sharing and for the link.
I will look at that.

Best
Ivan

Oi Ivan
At home still have 1 bottle of  51 and also artesanal Porto 1500, authentique bahianan cachaca .. !!
Let us know when you will be around ...

Hello, Juan!

That's nice to hear, lol.
I will be in touch, thanks!

best
Ivan