Single Permit Processing - 2024

@vikram.laheri

It seems that every party possesses fragments of knowledge; let's wait and see how it unfolds

Hello everyone, once we have the single Permit and move to Belgium can we immediately start working ? Or do we have to wait for a some kind of pap

@vikram.laheri oh, I a bit shocked by this answer. I though the total processing time would be 12 weeks (Our HR told me usually it would take 8 weeks. However, I received WP more than 9 weeks after submission.).

May I ask which region your application is processed?

@Sarah Smaili According to our HR, I can start to work once I physically arrived in Belgium with visa-D.

Thanks @ganeshpatil348,

Could you please check now through this link?

https://single-permit.prd.pub.socialsecurity.be/

Choose Candidate login.

@raylau, my application was made in Flanders region.

On my initial enquiry for WP at immigration office in Ghent, I was informed that it will take 60days approximately to issue us one. Anyway, once you have your WP, SP ill arrive eventually.

@Sarah Smaili, I think you can always confer this with your employer and let them know of your arrival. They will assist you in joining/induction and other administrative processes.

@vikram.laheri Thanks!

@hanWang After 9 weeks waiting without anyone pick up my dossier, our HR contacted them. They gave a WP within one week.

Have you received your RP? I'm wondering how long it would take between WP and RP issued.

@raylau For me it took 24 days from Antwerp commune. May be because I applied for annex 49 since my Residence card was expiring. I believe everyone has different timeline according to the document verification.

@raylau

Not yet. still waiting for RP. The HR said before it may take 8-10 weeks to get WP, then average 6 weeks to get the final permit. Let's see if it works.

@Sarah Smaili

you have to take appointment in city hall within 08 days after your entry in Belgium. take with you your Visa, work contract, housing contract. they will proovid you annex 49, with this one you can start working legally.

bon courage

@Sarah Smaili

Hi, You can immediately start working as you possess your WP and single permit.

In the meantime you need to register yourself as mentioned above and do all the necessary processes.

PS: You need an address where the police can come for verification. This cannot be a hotel. So incase your company is arranging or you are at your friends place or an Airbnb, check with them if you can use their address to register.

Once the Police verification is done and you get your physical residence card, you can apply for a change of address.

Unless you have an address, the city cannot register you.

Hello everyone,

Do we (candidate) also receive any mail regarding the approval of single permit? I do not stay in Belgium so i personally can not check the status of the application online. But, considering that I had received the No reply (privacy) mail will i receive any update directly from the department or is it only the employer?.

No reply (privacy mail ) - 26/10/2023

Work permit treated and transferred  - 18/12/2023 according to the employer

Single permit -  waiting

Thanks 

@belgvisaseeker48

Hi, did you get any email when your WP was approved? If yes, then you could expect one for SP as well.

But looking at the timeline it already seems strange why you did not receive your SP. Can you check with your employer to ask for the status.

@BMM996210 No i recieved only the No reply email from the departments. My employer says it is still in process and they have not recieved any updates.

Thanks

@sahosseiniee

Hello, any update on your SP? Did you already get it or contacted the employer if not? Please do let me know. Thanks already!

@belgvisaseeker48 Hi,

perhaps your employer can keep asking for a status.

There are many cases where they don't see your document till last moment but when someone enquires about the document it comes to the top... happened twice to me for renewal of single permit.

@suchitborge30 nothing from my side yet. Friday it'll be 14 weeks.

Any updates today?

@belgvisaseeker48

My timeline is similar to yours and didn't got any update for the single permit. I think there's a general delay.

File submitted 5/02

work permit 5/03

residence permit waiting

flanders

anybody got good news on RP this week?

@emily2024

No, not from my side. Next week is my last week of processing which means, it will complete 14 weeks in the next week. Still no news.

@sahosseiniee

Any news on your SP??

@suchitborge30 not from my side either

Guys, it seems the majority of mid-Dec WP holder haven't gotten the SP ! Looks there's a general delay.

Realx, chill and be patient (I'm one of you)

Hello,

Region : Flanders (First time application)

No-reply : 7/11

WP : 21/12

RP : still waiting

Hopefully, we'll receive some positive updates soon.

Good luck everyone.

Region: Flander

Application : 22 september

No-reply : 22 september

Wp: 6 December

Sp:13.03.2024

@eniskyt

Congrats buddy.

Thanks for the insight, it seems the SP processing time has increased from 12 to 14 weeks .

@eniskyt

Congrats !!!

@sahosseiniee

Any updates? The waiting time is really really frustrating. This is my 14th week, I hope to get the SP this week

Anyone from mid december WP have received their SP?

@suchitborge30 if you go back in this thread, you can notice that there were a couple of mid-december cases that received their SP since around mid February. The main factor is when they transfer the file to the Immigration Department. sometimes they do it the same day of WP Decision and some times they keep it hanging for 2-3 weeks which is probably the case for Christmas time.

Anyways good luck! and since it's your 14th week, I'm sure you can ask your company to follow up with the authorities. it's your full right at this point !

Update from me:

Nationality: British

Applying from: France

Sent: 22/02/24

WP: 18/03/24

RP: waiting

Region: Brussels

@Nimo1

Did your Get SP/RP ?

My WP States :

When the combined permit expires, the employee concerned presents himself to the municipality of his place of residence with a view to the issuance of Annex 49, which covers the right to residence and work pending a final decision.

Can I start work after i receive Annex 49?

Hello,

Any updates regarding RPs this week ?

@NarutoTN

as per the relocation company that is dealing my case, they contacted the Immigration office and immigration office said they are dealing with cases from december, there is a delay.

Region: Flanders

First time application

Work field: university

No-reply: 03/01/24

WP: 11/03/2024

SP: 20/03/2024 (It should take about about 13 weeks after issuing WP, as said by the IBZ. However, I have several urgent reasons to be there, and luckily we managed to verify it to the IBZ.)

Do keep in touch with the HR, encourage them to help you. Good luck!

seems no moving of RP this week at all... what are they even doing..