Single Permit Processing - 2024

@hanWang thanks! Our HR said the Flander admin has not even picked up my dossier. I hope my application is in progress.

I had a meeting with HR and since after 13 weeks my SP did not come!

they canceled my contract. I waisted so much energy and time for this stupid process.

@Milad Rashidifard

Sad to hear that man! They take a long to make the process.

@sahosseiniee

Did you already apply for annex 47? Or how does that work? I have asked my employer to contact the immigration office in that case. I am already reaching the deadline which is this Thursday!! I am not expecting to get it by Thursday, by looking into these use cases! And after how many days do they give you your Annex47? Any idea about that?

Thanks, please let me know

@Milad Rashidifard sorry to hear that !

Anyone from Antwerp got their WP in mid December and already received the SP?

Update:

No reply mail- Sep 20, 2023

WP: December 07, 2023

RP: March 01, 2024 (Shared today by employer)

Good luck everyone..

@suchitborge30 we tried it a month ago and they responded it is too soon yet. I have no idea how long it would take. Iguess our HR just sent a message to them asking about annex 47. I am not sure how the process even is.

Update:

Good luck everyone..

-@mdalisaadat

Congratulations, Finally some good news this week. I am one day after you. I am very desperate to hear anything. Did not you receive any Email yourself? Just from the empoyer?

Update:

Good luck everyone..

-@mdalisaadat

Another question, do you have any idea why it took 4 days for the HR to let you know? I am asking because I want to know if it is necessary to remind my HR to check their online platform as before I thought we will get an email too from the authorities directly.

@sahosseiniee

It would depend on which email address or if an email address is provided when your application was submitted.

In my case the email of my HR was always mentioned and then they received an email once it was approved.

How the HR communicates to you would be a different story. In my case the HR was aware that we needed the permit urgently so they were always attentive ,reactive and responsive.

Good luck and indeed would be good to keep pushing your HR to check for an update.

In my case I remember the HR called the bureau to check the status and that very afternoon the application was approved.

Update:

Region: Flanders

First time

No reply: 14.09.23

Wp.14.12.23

Sp. 06.03.24

One of my colleague

His timeline

First Time

No reply: 12.09.23

Wp: 08.12.23

Sp: 06.03.24

All the best!!

@Ss58722 congrats, thank you for sharing.

@sahosseiniee Hello, I received the mail from employer only and not from the authority. I think the employer do some internal validation on the permit issued before sharing back to us which may be the reason it took another 4 days before I got it.

@sahosseiniee

Hey, My employer contacted them and they said that now the processing time is not 10-12 weeks. But that is increased to 10-14 weeks. So we should expect our SP to arrive in the coming weeks 1f609.svg

Do we have any info that how they process the application based on WP date or random process.

My WP received date is 8th Dec.

Today, 13th Week is going to complete; still waiting for SP.

Some people of similar date and region has received SP.

When contacted to employer they are saying that there is general delay in processing.

@ganeshpatil348

There is a difference between the WP issue date and the date of receiving of the file by  DOFI, for my case the WP was granted on 15 December and the file was received by DOFI on Jan 2.

The 12-week count starts after the DOFI receives the file.

Ask your company HR or the immigration consultant who is following up on your file and has access to the platform.

Hello,

Are there any people here waiting for SP with a WP issued in January?

It seems like very few application were processed between Dec 15th - Jan 15th

I hope that means that there will be a quick progress towards processing SPs for late-january WPs 

Hello

Clarification needed: After I receive my single permit (both work permit + residence permit) from the Belgium authority. Do I have to apply or take an appointment in Belgium consulate/Embassy (I live in Paris and am from India) for the visa stamping or anything? How does that work? I looked at websites I couldn't find the concrete information. Many thanks in advance.

@xyziedm4 I received my WP on January 18th, still waiting for SP. Hope it gets done soon. This waiting is frustrating

@hegdevinay96 When apply for the SP, you must state where you are going to apply for the visa (could be either France or India). After receive the SP, you must the apply for the visa from where you stated in your application. If you forgot, maybe try to ask your HR.

Anyone got good news regarding SP yesterday.

its taking much time for SP. Anyone has idea in detail for processing time.

@ganeshpatil348 no news from my side. My Wp is also for 8 dec. When was your no reply email? Do you know when your admissable time was?

@sahosseiniee

Mine also WP date is 8th Dec. As per employer, SP was supposed to received in 12 Wks avg time. Since Y'day 13 wks completed but no update. as per them, there is delay in general.

Do you hav any details or leads in detail when we can expext SP exactly. this is being crucial to plan things.

@ganeshpatil348 now it seems that they are processing the Dec files but we are not aware of the nuances in each case (admissible time, when a file is received by dofi or etc) to get our head around in what order the files are processed. My admissible time was on dec 6. Do you know yours? Let us know when you received your SP. hopefully it comes any day now.

@sahosseiniee

Right, all these things can not be predicted. considering stretch timeline of 14 wks,  Hopefully, we will get it by another 3-4 days time. Fingers crossed.

@sahosseiniee check the date of acceptance by DOFI instead od WP issuance, from that date you should start counting the 12 weeks

@mhmd zalzali anyway 12 weeks is not a concrete deadline unfortunately. It is more or less 12 weeks.

Any updates on SP today?

Hi, is anyone here who is going to join KU Leuven as a postdoc? I wanted to get an idea of the expected timeline. On a related note, is the process of obtaining WP and SP varies depending upon if the employer is a university or a company?

Update:

First time

Wp.18/02/.24

Sp. Wating

@sahosseiniee

yes, Update.

Region- Flanders

First application

WP 8th Dec'23

SP 11th Mar'23

finally received today. Good luck all

Application for WP: 28/12/2023

WP issued: 02/02/2024

SP: still waiting.

I have asked the lawyer that is handling my case to send a follow-up to Immigration office and he said he will only do it after 3 months of the WP issued date.

@ganeshpatil348, Congratulations on your single permit!

Could you please tell me if your application status was changed to "In treatment by office" any time after the 8th of Dec?

@vikram.laheri

I have the same situation , WP was issued on 15 Dec and got In Treatment on Jan 3

@hegdevinay96

hey, i have the same situation. didnt receive any of my permit yet but i would like to know if i need to go to the embassy after receiving my WP and SP? im already in france. thanks in advance.

@mhmd zalzali, oh! So, yesterday ended the standard 12 weeks processing period for both of us... also, tomorrow finishes the 3 months deadline since the status turned to "Admissible".

Let's hope it arrives before this weekend!

@vikram.laheri

the 12 weeks count starts on Jan 3 not on December as per my immigration consultant.

So the 12 weeks are due at the end of this month.

@mhmd zalzali, in contrast, I have a mail in response to my request for the application status to IBZ. It mentions that the 8-12 weeks period commences from the date of work permit issued by the local authorities. Part of the mail, verbatim:

"You should expect a processing time of approximately 8 to 12 weeks by our services. This counts from the date of the decision of the competent region."

@vikram.laheri

Hi Vikram, I did not checked it in between. Total Time taken from WP is 13 wks 3 days.