Single Permit Processing - 2024

@Zoe Run, congrats! The wait was worth...

@Zoe Run

Congrats, so happy for you, and thank you for sharing it with us

@Zoe Run congrats, so happy for you, and thank you for sharing it with us

@Zoe Run congrats , you've been waiting for long time !

@vikram.laheri Hi, did you already took appointment at town hall for receiving annex 49 in case your card expires?

@Bhanu Pratap Singh JADAV,

Thanks for the reminder... I will do it right away.

@Zoe Run Congrats and all the best for your next steps!

Hey folks,

I have a quick question. Is it possible to change jobs in Belgium with Single Permit visa? or is it exclusive to only one employer?

@hegdevinay96, I surmise that although a single permit is pertaining to a particular employer, a job switch is always possible. The new employer shall reapply for a new Single permit.

Region: Flanders

No-reply: 20/09/2023

Work permit: 01/12/2023

Residence permit ( SP ): waiting

Please update the status on SP if anyone having nearby application dates as above.

Has anyone applied for Annex 49 after receiving their work permit? I was recently informed that Annex 49 should be applied via the commune's website, and it requires the attachment of the approved work permit document. This document typically arrives via email first, and then by post. Has anyone gone through this process recently? I would like to know how many days in advance we should apply before the expiration date of the card. Thank you

Hi @Bhanu Pratap Singh JADAV,

After your recommendation, I went to issue an Annex 49 at the emigration office, Ghent. I was informed that so long my current residence permit holds valid (i.e., until 29th Feb), the annex document cannot be granted. They anticipate the decision on my single permit latest by 13th March. In the case of delay post this date, I can apply for annex 49. Heck lot of trivialities, sadly!

@vikram.laheri Thank you for the update. Looks like we have to wait until our card expires. I am in the same situation. Waiting for the Annex 46 and the card expires on 28 Feb.   

Hello Everyone,

Any other updates regarding the residence permit for those who applied october/novembre ?

Thanks.

Hi @NarutoTN, the immigration office at Ghent contacted IBZ immigration office, Brussels yesterday enquiring update on my application sent on the 16th Oct. They too had been provided a standard reply... 8-12 weeks. :-(

Hold up there!

Hello, I have a question that I hope you can answer. I have not received a work permit since November. Is this normal? Flanders region

@fetouhimed33 -- when have you applied?

@officemanikSince the beginning of November

Hi all.

Old employer work permit end date 31st dec 2023

New employer applied on Dec 15 2023

Got mail from admin office to give back my rp card on Feb 15 2024

I got Annex 51 on Feb 15 2024 which is ending on April 1 2024

Anyone faced the same issue

How to track my work permit current status

How long does it takes

What happen if work permit comes after April 1 2024

Am I allowed to stay beyond

Kindly plz advice

@Nimo1

How u reached them

Which location employer applied WP

@mugeebilgen

What is admissible

How you get to know about it

@sahosseiniee

Same here which region you applied

@vikram.laheri

Hi, vikram, I have similar timeline with you. I got my work permit on 15/12/2023 (flanders) and now waiting for my residence permit. You said the immigration office replied to you : 8 -12 weeks. I am wondering the timing -  Does it start after the work permit is approved?

Although it seemed to be within normal hours, I was still anxious to wait. Hope we get good news soon!

@harshrajborse

I have a similar timeline, and I am too waiting for my SP !

No-reply: 10/10/2023

Region: Flanders

Work permit: 14/12/2023

Residence permit ( SP ): waiting

According to the processing time that they mentioned ( 8-12 weeks ), you should get your SP in the next week ! Please do let us know if you get it. Thanks !

@sahosseiniee
Same here which region you applied

@Emmylouisonn Flanders, it took 71 days to receive the work permit and today is the 70th day I am wiating for SP -

WP applied on Dec 15 2023

Applied under Brussels capital

On feb 15th 2024 my employer told you file is moving to Flanders because company is in Flanders region

Will they consider as new application or ongoing process

Hi @fetouhimed33,

on my very first enquiry at my city's emigration office, I was informed that the work permit issuance takes 60 days approximately and should arrive no later than that. Call the "Dept of Werk of Social Economie" up and ask for any reason in delay... (***. They are very nice, polite and responsive!

Moderated by Cheryl 2 months ago
Reason : Contact details
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct

Hi @Rebeccalai,

I can sympathise you you!

The period of residence permit issue (8-12 weeks) commences from day the status is updated to "Admissible" and the Dept of Werk and Social Economie issues us the "Ontvankelijkheidsmelding aan annvrager" document.

@vikram.laheri

Contact number please

Are they speaking English also

Hi @Emmylouisonn,

Sorry, but I have been schooled by the moderator for sharing the contact details.

I recommend you check their website and seek their contact details. If asked politely, they are very accommodating to respond in English.

Hello everyone,

Kindly use the private messaging system to share information such as contact details. 1f609.svg

Thank you,

Cheryl

Expat.com team

@Emmylouisonn I might be wrong. WP and RP are now in one SP, isn't it? Why did you have to apply for them separately?

@raylau So that they can take more time to issue it and give you some relief by issuing work permit. They love delaying the process.

@hegdevinay96

You can change job but the new employer has to renew your WP.

Hi @suchitborge30

Thank you for the response, I have not received any update yet, let's see..

Update -

I got my SP on 19 Feb.

Finally wait is over !

Heartiest congratulations, @harshrajborse!

Update -
I got my SP on 19 Feb.
Finally wait is over !

-@harshrajborse

Congratulations 🎊.  I hope I get mine in the comming week too🤞. Thanks for sharing

@harshrajborse

Congrats !! 1f389.svg happy for you. Thanks for the update. Hope I get my SP soon.

New employer applied WP on Dec 15 2023

Status changed to Admissible on Dec 22 2023

Feb 12 2024 additional information asked

Feb 19 2024 applied in brussels region instead of Flanders due to incorrect employer  region

Now again status changed to Admissible stating because of region change

It's almost 2 months from status Admissible

now again status changed to Admissible today

Anyone faced same situation like me

Kindly please share your experience