Belgium Nationality waiting period

hi to all
Is it true that after submitting declaration to be a Belgian, and you don't receive any letter from brussels within the 4 months waiting period. It should be considered a positive result?
thanks

Yes, about naturalization.
Unless the "Chambre des représentants" forward your file. Then another month is granted to them.

Things are a bit different about nationality declaration (which should be your case).
In that case, it takes around 5 months to have a reply from them (4 months + 1 month if the file is forwarded)

The op asked about nationality declaration.

We've done it 3 times same commune. First time we heard at 4 months and 1 day. 2nd at 4 months and 13 days, 3rd at 4 months and 15 days. 

3rd one we knew about before the letter arrived because the residence card was cancelled which was evident when using online services.

Hi,

countdown of 4 months starts  the day when commune send file to Brussels. Commune have 1 month to send the file.  hence time period is 5 months (1 month commune and 4 months Brussels) but because commune doesn't keep file for a month in the most cases.
I believe in your situation this was the case that first time file was sent immediately 2nd and 3rd time were sent in 2 weeks.

I'm not thick, i know exactly why it took the time it did thanks.

when i applied nationality commune give me this document
but i dont know commune send my file in brussel or not

déclaration de nationalité belge (art12bis1)
accuse de reception
l officier de l etat civil atteste avoir recu le 14 janvier 2020 la demande de changement de nationalite (article 12bis 1) concernant

declaration of Belgian nationality (art12bis1)
acknowledgment of receipt
the registrar certifies having received on 14 January 2020 the request to change nationality (article 12bis 1) concerning

This is a kind of receipt that file is complete and received. You will get another registered post from commune once they fwd your file to BXL. There will be date mention on it when the fwd your file to BXL

thanks alot ifzaal

I have applied on 20 Oct 2020.
I got the receipt letter at the commune in the day of application:
Accusé de réception
L'Officer de L'Etat civil declare  avoir reçu le 20 octobre 2020 la demande de changement de nationalité (article 12bis 1-3) concernant Nom Prénom.
L'Officer de L'Etat civil atteste, après vérifications, que ce dossier est complet et est transmis ce 20 octobre 2020 au Parquet.

After this I have not received anything or any news yet.
Does it means that if approved my residence card gets cancelled before receiving the letter?
Can someone please share more details?
Thanks a lot!

And you shouldn't get any result before 2-3 months.

Once you get the letter of approval, you'll have to go to the commune with new ID pictures and the document.
Your old foreign id card will, of course, be canceled once you receive your Belgian ID card (7-14 days later) as you'll have no more use of it.

hi there,

how can I check status of my nationality application?

See:
I applied at commune August 10, 2020.
I recieved post mail from commune that confirms that my documents has been sent further on August 20.

So, It's already >5 months.

I contacted commune for a couple times, but they told i have to wait and I should recieve another mail by post with a decision... then to come to commune to apply(get) a new green card instead of the current one.

Hey guys,

My dutch partner and I (latin@) would like to register our partnership (legal cohabitation) here in Belgium.

He will register in Belgium but he will work in NL. I'd like to know what's the procedure to follow if I would like to get the permition to stay and work here. Also, does he need to pay taxes in both countries? Or just in the NL? Does he lose benefits from NL? Does he need to change his GP?

Please if someone has a similar experience, I'd like to read it. Information about this isn't clear everytime I look on Internet.

Thank you for reading.

Hi, do you mind if I ask which commune? My husband applied in October last year and 4 months and 2 days today, we haven't heard anything yet. We are just wondering. Many thanks

Applied in Brussels in Oct20 as well and 4 months already and Commune/Gemeente told me that all applications have been delayed by 1 month. They had received a note from Federal Parquet on Brussels. She already had a huge pile of Sept20 applications being still processed. So just wait a little bit more

I applied last month and was told that four months had become six due to the virus. So, they actually gave me a date mid July and said I would hear then.

Indeed, but declarations made in 2020 will be treated in 5 months. While the 2021s will take 6 months as far as they told me as well

Thanks Edigj! No news is good news, I supposed. I also heard that if you don't receive any  sort of letter in 4 months time, it's a positive thing? I am not sure though if it applies now given the circumstances ( Covid). 🙄

glendsky wrote:

Thanks Edigj! No news is good news, I supposed. I also heard that if you don't receive any  sort of letter in 4 months time, it's a positive thing? I am not sure though if it applies now given the circumstances ( Covid). 🙄

If you applied in 2020 it will be 5 months and not 4 months. While for the declarations in 2021 it will take up to 6 months.
Yes, if no registered letter during deadline means it is good news!

Just a quick post/ update, my husband got his positive letter that he has become Belgian and to make an appointment to change his ID card 4 months and 2 weeks after he applied. 😊

There is a tax agreement. You only pay it in the country you live.  I have staff that work in Belgium but life in NL.

Hopes that helps

martnobel12 wrote:

Congrats!

Hello, I have applied the nationality on  20th Nov, today is 4 months 10 days.

I can't login to the IBZ website since Monday with my ID cad. I saw a post here before, but unfortunately I couldn't find it now. It says one of the indicator if you can't access to the IBZ website, you current ID card is cancelled, and it is a positive result. I just need to wait a letter.

Does it make sense?

Once I try to login to website with card reader, it returns to me enter my Pin code, and then if gives me an error (security credentials not accepted etc )

Thanks for your reply in advance

Not yet actually. I applied on 20 October 2020 and got mine on 22 March 2021.
You might have to wait past 20 April.
Normally for the remaining declarations of 2020 it takes 5 months. For the ones declared in 2021 parquet federal has 6 months to refuse. After deadline no news = good news!
I have received the letter and still I can login with my foreigners card.
Try to login: https://mondossier.rrn.fgov.be/fr/actes.do using the EID reader and if you see the acts, then  congrats! Else you can contact your commune/gemeente

Well I applied in December and was told by the Commune that the four month period had been extended to six months due to Covid.

Which link please?

Hi!
Your letters are probably on the way to you, either tomorrow or next week, or could just br delayed at the post. 😊 Goodluck!

Then your letter just got delayed.

Proficiaat, uw bent belg geworden! 😊

Hello everyone, I applied on 12th November 2020 and still waiting for my result. 😁

So anyone got the good news?

Cheers,

No news is good news

After 5 months and 12 days, I received the declaration for the nationality.
No one has yet informed me about the decision but I retrieved it from the MONDOSIER.com and used ID-Card reader. I went to the city hall the next day on Friday 11 June and asked an emergency passport to travel. The emergency passport costs close to 300 Euro and is given within 24 hours.

May I ask you where do U live in belgium , bxl ?
And did u apply in 2021?

HI?
How does it show on the mondossier.be?I have checked and it just shows the updated date but no details.
Did it show details on yours?I am unable to tell what the update is about..I applied in February,so far no news.
Kindly advise

Sorry for the late reply. I was away celebrating with my new citizenship :D (Joke)
I live in Brussels, Jette Commune.

Hello! For my dossier.com, I also had difficulty understanding the first few times I tried.
If you can sign in it is good but if not just remove the Antvirus from your PC or Laptop. For your information if you there is no decision for you yet you cannot see anything.

If you live in Brussels and made the application in February, I advise you to wait until at least in July or the beginning of August. If you live in the Flanders and you feel that there is a decision for you... just check the Mondosier and check the left hand corner, you will see the status of your application and the decision paper.  To come back to my case, I made the application on 21rst December 2020.

Hiii mrwardere congratss
Did police came to visit you at home and after how many days they came after declaration?

No police visits in Brussels. After finding out all people I know were not visited before, I still had a doubt and waited a visit for about three months because it was easy to do so as there were lock-down and restrictions during this time BUT NO ONE VISITED ME.

@michael dunhill Did you receive any news? I applied in December at the etterbeek commune and still no answer. I called the commune and they said there is no update on my card.

Hi all,
Sorry if my question is out of the scope of this topic.

Can card D holder leave Belgium (and stay in the Netherlands), after submitting the Belgian nationality application?

I see that for my card D, the police didn't visit my home.
If necessary, I am planning to have two houses (Belgium and NL) until I wait for my citizenship application result.  Can the card D holder allowed to do this?

Thanks for sharing info.

Hey Guys,
Quick update, i received the email from my cityhall contact person with positive answer. Nu ben ik Belg. :-)

Aparently, the public prosecutor forgot to answer on my file and because the deadline is over for more than a month therefore they can not answer no. So they provide me the answers with Big YES.

7 months 13 days.

For the technical aspects my eID is not working as my certificate is revoked therefore I am not able to access mijn dossier site.

But i am able to extract the certificate from Vlaanderen..be login with itsme

The myth about no news is a good news is kind of true.

Cheers

Congratulations 👏

Congratulations 👏

expat2021 wrote:

Hi all,
Sorry if my question is out of the scope of this topic.

Can card D holder leave Belgium (and stay in the Netherlands), after submitting the Belgian nationality application?

I see that for my card D, the police didn't visit my home.
If necessary, I am planning to have two houses (Belgium and NL) until I wait for my citizenship application result.  Can the card D holder allowed to do this?

Thanks for sharing info.

I believe as long as you complete all the requirements.

1. Birth certificate
2. Integration certificate with proof of one of the language knowledge.
3. Proof of working for 468 day or institution studies for 400 hours.

Befor the process you have to have 5 years living records.

and your primary job location and residence is belgium should be no problem.