Belgium Nationality waiting period

thanks deepak for your inputs and congrats on your application approval.

In some cases, where F  Applied for nationality, police visits and check for the presence.

Do you say, this police visit is no longer happens these days When the person holds B/D ?
hence the Presence in Belgium after submitting application is allowed ?

Kdeepak wrote:
expat2021 wrote:

Hi all,
Sorry if my question is out of the scope of this topic.

Can card D holder leave Belgium (and stay in the Netherlands), after submitting the Belgian nationality application?

I see that for my card D, the police didn't visit my home.
If necessary, I am planning to have two houses (Belgium and NL) until I wait for my citizenship application result.  Can the card D holder allowed to do this?

Thanks for sharing info.

I believe as long as you complete all the requirements.

1. Birth certificate
2. Integration certificate with proof of one of the language knowledge.
3. Proof of working for 468 day or institution studies for 400 hours.

Befor the process you have to have 5 years living records.

and your primary job location and residence is belgium should be no problem.

No the police i dont think the visit is anything to do with card F/B/D. They visit to verify the address and try to find if you are lied about anything regarding you personal information in your application.

Due to the Covid situation I don't know.

expat2021 wrote:

In some cases, where F  Applied for nationality, police visits and check for the presence.

Do you say, this police visit is no longer happens these days When the person holds B/D ?
hence the Presence in Belgium after submitting application is allowed ?

Hiii good morning
I have applied for my belgium nationality on 9 april they send my file to prosecutor on 15 avril i have not recieved any decision yet
Civil officer told me to just wait

Hey, quick question. Have you completed 5 years as a local contact. or some years as Expat and remaining as Local Contract Payroll?

sandeep Maniani wrote:

Hiii good morning
I have applied for my belgium nationality on 9 april they send my file to prosecutor on 15 avril i have not recieved any decision yet
Civil officer told me to just wait

There is a deadline on how long they have to decide. If nothing happens I believe your request gets automatically approved, but you better check this additionally.

I am working as an independent from last 4 years and before that i was working as minimum hours contract 20h/week

Hi.
Did police visit your house ?

My receipt notice (when I submit my application) mentions that a 4 month period as a maximum processing time of 4 months.

This 4 months are counted from the day I receive a letter by post from the commune (that the commune has transferred my file to prosecutor)

In my personal experience, police visited me in 3 weeks after I receive the acknowledgment letter from the commune (by post).

I work on local contract.

Now I just have to wait and see.

Yes, I applied in January and was told the period has incresed from three to  six months. I had the decision just before the six month period was up.

Good luck.

Here is my timeline:

Submitted documents at Antwerp city hall: 29-jun
Police came for address check 3 weeks after.
Nationality approved: 10-nov (got a letter from city hall within a week)

At submission at city hall, the lady told the time period has been increased to 5 months due to virus. My approval came slightly before the 5 months period was up.

Hope this helps!

Congrats

Also to add:

When I login to mondossier.be with my D card, in the section mijn akten, I can download the extract of Belgium nationality from there.

Indeed, your D card will be blocked soon and you will be unable to login at mijndossier anymore.
They will invite you to apply for your ID card and the day you pick up the ID you have to give back the D card.

Congrats!

Hello,

A quick question. I applied for the citizenship in 11th of June and the lady at the commune sent the files the same day. In 2 weeks it will be 6 months.
I called the commune last week, and my status didn't change and I didn't receive any letter.
I see on irisbox that there is an option to get “Belgian nationality certificate”. When I click on it, it says there's no file. If I become Belgian, will I be able to access the certificate? I have a flight booked to another country and would like to use the Belgian passport. So I only have 1 week to get the passport from 11th.. (Flight is on 22nd) So I can't afford to wait for a confirmation letter. Can someone confirm the Irisbox Belgian nationality certificate?

Also, I cannot connect to mondossier with eID reader because of lost PIN number for the card..

I found out that my nationality application has been approved by checking in iris box and having access to the nationality certificate but it wasn't blank, I could actually see it, the next day I went to the commune which confirmed and I ordered my card and passport

My timeline:

Submitted documents at Evere:  30 May 2021

Approval: 31 January 2022

At submission at city hall, they told the time period has been increased to 7 months due to the pandemic. Approval came in after 8 months. I didn't receive any notice but i do check my file through https://www.ibz.rrn.fgov.be/nl/rijksreg … n-dossier/ from time to time. And saw that there's a file 'ACTE DE NATIONALITÉ BELGE', and called the municipality for appointment for ID & passport.

Hope this helps!

Hi
To get Belgium Nationality we should have B or D Card Right?. Can someone confirm this

eshwarraj09 wrote:

Hi
To get Belgium Nationality we should have B or D Card Right?. Can someone confirm this

Prior to the application, you have had uninterrupted legal residence for at least 5 years (card types: A, B, C, D, E or E (+) or F or F (+) ).

Only B or D kind of cards i.e. permanent residency cards are must.
Since I don't have F+ kind experience , I don't know about it.

It's funny how we get more anxious after waiting for 5+ years … now 5 months waiting feels like 10 years 😅😅. I am waiting to start the application

Hi guys!

About to apply for my nationality in 2 weeks. Can you please let me know how many days/weeks you had to wait for police to come to your house? On average? Also, what kind of questions do they ask? Thanks!
@eshwarraj09
Hi,
These are the conditions mentioned on this webpage. https://www.agii.be/thema/vreemdelingen … sprocedure

Legal residence at the time of application
At the time of submitting the application or making the declaration, you must have an admission or residence permit of unlimited duration or to settle in Belgium.
The Royal Decree of 14 January 2013 (Royal Decree) determines which documents are accepted as proof of legal residence at the time of application. You must be the holder of one of the following documents at the time of the application:
an electronic B card
an electronic C card
an electronic D card
an electronic E card
an electronic F card
an electronic E+ card
an electronic F+ card
an electronic M card
an electronic M card stating permanent residence

In general, you need to have any card OTHER THAN an A-card & 5(or10) years of legal stay when you apply for nationality. Hope this helps

@Kdeepak hello, congrats. You also live in Brussels?

if you can please share with us the process.

now i have applied officially but not sure what to expect as a next step.

@vocicag725 : There was no police interview / checking when I applied for Belgium nationality 6 months back in Brussels.

May be you can check activity on my dossier website.

I got answer after 5 months of document acceptance at commune as there was no problem.

@Jimsen thank you. I've managed to log in. It doesn't tell there that i've applied on the citizenship but i guess the only way to tell when its accepted if the certificate is downloadable, right?

thanks again

@Jimsen thank you. I've managed to log in. It doesn't tell there that i've applied on the citizenship but i guess the only way to tell when its accepted if the certificate is downloadable, right?
thanks again
-@vocicag725

If you can download the certificate then its approved. Otherwise, its just an option but clicking on it giving no result.

Could I ask when did you apply and where is your commune? Did you receive the receipt the same day?

I did mine one month ago in Brussels.

@peterjohn1104

alright thanks. I submitted it recently in 1000 - they gave me the submission same day but i've sent my documents by email weeks before and had a validation. (Maybe thats why i got the confirmation of submission same day)

which commune did you apply through?

@vocicag725 : When I submitted the documents and paid the money, Commune gave “Récépissé - Confirmation de recevabilité du dossier” on the same day. This was acceptance of nationality request.

My commune was Woluwe-Saint-Pierre.

Hello , Anone here applied for nationality in the month of September 2022 . decision received or still in waiting phase . Commume told me that normally it takes 4 month. mine is over 4 months and still no decision / updates/ existing L card is still active. anyway to check the status

There is no way to cehck the status other than following up with the commune, IMHO>

Hello , Anone here applied for nationality in the month of September 2022 . decision received or still in waiting phase . Commume told me that normally it takes 4 month. mine is over 4 months and still no decision / updates/ existing L card is still active. anyway to check the status
-@Jo2345

It could take upto 6 months (1 month extension + 1 month of admin works poss process)

4 months is when the file is actually on hand of the King's prosecutor but then it need to take into account the time the commune forward the files and the time when the commune receives the answer (administrative works)

Have you even tried to ask the commune for an update?

I got it in a bit less than 4 months. But I know people for whom it took 6 months. And the commune specifically told me it could take upto 6. So I guess it depends where you stay. Maybe in some communes its faster because of lesser admin? I dont know, I am just speculating.

@Jo2345 did you apply in Brussels?

@vocicag725 WSL

@Peterjohn123 Yes actually my four month was calculated from thee date when commune forwarded the dossier to Kings prosecutors office. couple of  weeks ago  when i contacted the commune , they said that prosecutors office  got time till January 16 th to answer my dossier and if all goes well i would be a belge in following week.. Three days passed already after that.Just curious to know whats the situation now. Earlier i heard from some forum that existing Card will be deactivated straight after the approval. dont know its true or not. but my card is still active.

@Aneesh ok thanks

@Jo2345

I applied on 26/july/2022, got the confirmation letter , today is 20/jan/2023, I haven't heard anything back since then :(

@Jo2345
I applied on 26/july/2022, got the confirmation letter , today is 20/jan/2023, I haven't heard anything back since then sad.png
-@O_Man.

The confirmation you mean the letter that says it was forwarded to the prosecutor's office in Brussels to start the federal process? If so, when did you get that? Because you may still be under the formal time schedule if that initial step took longer. In any case did you check with the local immigration office where you submitted the papers? they are the ones that receive the results as far as I know and if they don't receive anything the can move on.   

@IgnacioEg

So I applied on 22/July/2022 , got the letter on 26/July/2022 .

@O_Man. Just wait for 26 Jan 23. Afterwards you can go to the city hall with the confirmation letter and ask them to register you as Belgian.

No response at all it is considered positive.

Congrats!