Single Permit Processing - 2024

Hi everyone, I'm yet to submit any official application for my work permit/visa (I blame my employers who are incredibly disorganised...) so will post my information when the time comes.

They seem to want me to start at the beginning of April but from the looks of all the posts, it takes about three months in most cases to get the whole thing processed, so I doubt that's going to happen.

Is that indeed the case? Are there any other factors that might influence the time it takes? (For context, I'm British but based in France so will be applying from here)

Thanks!

@Mirage123 For me it took almost 6 months. Applied in August and yet to receive the sp. But some applicants got within 4 months or less. No one was able to understand how the applications are being processed. So have a clear talk with your employer regarding this. Good luck!

Region: Flanders

Renewal /change of Employer

Work field: Engineering

No-reply: 18/01/24

Admissable: -

Additional doc request: -

Additional doc provided: -

Work permit: waiting

Residence permit: waiting

@npchaithanya mines is the same but on 12 /01/2024 after calling them they have said it will take 3 months  dont understand how they expect us to survive also new employers are tired of wait  its so depressing

@Mirage123 each case is different. You know the saying "How long is a piece of String?"

@dj68 @SimCityAT thanks both for your responses. I guess I'll just have to wait and see but assume it will at least be a couple of months...

Work field: Software Engineer

No-reply: 10/10/2023

Work permit: 14/12/2023

Residence permit ( SP ): waiting

Hello everybody!

I'm waiting for Annex 46. The details about my single permit renewal application are below;

Region: Brussels

Country of origin: Turkey

Work field: Engineering (Research Engineer at university)

No-reply: 27/10/23

Admissable: 06/11/23

Additional doc request: 06/11/23

Additional doc provided: 08/11/23

Work permit: 22/12/23

In treatment by Immigration Office: 15/01/2024

SP: waiting

Good luck to everyone! :)

@mugeebilgen how did you get all those detailed infromation ? I got a notifcation from my employer that i got my work permit and in process for single permit . The only email i received from the goverment is the no-reply email

@mhmd zalzali

I didn't get all this information by email. I follow the application platform to see my process. You can visit this website https://www.international.socialsecurit … /home.html and -> click through to the single permit platform at the bottom.

Any update on SP from those who received their work permit on November ?

How much is the average time to receive the single permit after Work Permit ?   on the website  it is saying 10-12 weeks. Do they process the request witihin the stipulated time?

@mugeebilgen Is this website just suitable for those who has been in Belgium or Europe?

@inesdh not yet, so depressing

@officemanik for me it is 4months and still no answer. got my wp on 27 oct.

@dj68 when did you apply and which area.

Flanders. Got my no reply on aug 2 and wp on oct 27

@dj68 are you coming for job or study

@Zoe Run

Unfortunately no. During my first application period, I was outside the EU region, and I couldn't have access. However, you can ask your employer, they should have access.

Update!!!

I got my SP approval on Feb 7th.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello everybody!
I'm waiting for Annex 46. The details about my single permit renewal application are below;

Region: Brussels
Country of origin: Turkey
Work field: Engineering (Research Engineer at university)
No-reply: 27/10/23
Admissable: 06/11/23
Additional doc request: 06/11/23
Additional doc provided: 08/11/23
Work permit: 22/12/23
In treatment by Immigration Office: 15/01/2024
SP: waiting

Good luck to everyone! smile.png-@mugeebilgen

@inesdh

I received my WP in December (Dec 22nd), and I got my RP on Feb 7th.

Hi @mugeebilgen,

But you were not a new applicant and applied for renewal of your SP ? I too received my WP on the 14th of December & I am now waiting for my SP.

@dj68 did you get your SP? Or are you still waiting for it?

I still don't have any updates. I received the WP on 11 Dec. My employer inquired about the status of processing the SP, and they responded that it would take 10 to 14 weeks.

It's so frustrating 😤   I am losing my hope to get my SP even in Feb.

@suchitborge30 still waiting :(

Hello,

Do you guys know how much time it takes to get the visa D ready after the approval of the single permit ?

Thank you and good luck for all of you.

@dj68 ask your employer to request for annex 47 and see what they respond. Maybe it pushes your file a little bit. You can never know, it might help. I saw a timeline as this last year: no reply 30 Aug, WP 19 Oct, he received SP with annex 47 on 17 January. Your timeline even exceeds his.

Hello,
Do you guys know how much time it takes to get the visa D ready after the approval of the single permit ?

Thank you and good luck for all of you.

-@LarMai

It should depend on embassies. In my country, it normally takes about two weeks. But at least, one could easily contact the embassy by phone and do a follow-up.

@suchitborge30

Yes, it's renewal. However, the Immigration office told me that it takes 8-12 weeks, even if I mentioned to them it's renewal. But also my fist SP approval took 5 weeks after I got my WP.

Hi everyone,

I received the single permit approval on 8 February

For the record I received the work permit on 28 November 2023 and no reply on 5 September 2023.

Hope things will get smoother and that you will receive your SP very soon :)

@inesdh 🎊 congrats, that is promising news. thank you for sharing it with us.

Update:

Glad to share with you all that I've got my SP couple days ago.

here is my timeline:

No reply email: 9 Oct.

WP: 17 Oct.

SP: 29 Jan.

Wish you all best of luck

@inesdh

Congratulations

which region you applied for ?

@inesdh

Congratulations

Can you please let us know for which region you applied ?

Flanders

No Reply: 24/08/2023

WP: 09/12/2023

SP: 12/02/2023

Good luck everyone :)

16/10/2023: Sent

13/12/2023: Admissible

18/12/2023: Work permit

03/01/2024: In treatment by office

On my recent enquiry with the emigration office, a standard reply was provided that the current processing time for single permit is 8-12 weeks. I know not if it's from the work permit issue date or from the date of last status update. Also, my current residence permit as a student expires on the 29/02/2024... any insight or suggestion, please?

@buddha.jpeg Congratulations!

@buddha.jpeg Congratulations it is party time..

@harshrajborse

Thank you !

Flanders

Update:

First application, Flanders

WP: Nov 3, 2023

SP: Feb 12,2024

It's such a long wait. Good thing it's over. 1f60a.svg