Working with Card A and Annexe 19Ter

Hi guys!

I am totally confused with all this bureaucracy. I have applied for family reunification process based on legal cohabitation with my partner. And I currently possess type A card as I am a student.
I wanna work and I read that I can trade in my A card for Orange   Annexe19 and start working, however, my commune told me that I cannot trade in my card and that I can actually work with my student residence permit together with Annexe 19Ter.

Is that true? I have never heard that you can work with you student residence permit and I am in doubts? my employee doesn?t know about such details either

Hello

As you've already your annexe 19ter, it means that your partner is EU and you've already signed the legal cohabitation (meaning that you're registered in the household composition of your partner).

This, indeed, means that you don't need a work permit anymore as you're a family member of an EU.
You'll have to give them a copy of the annexe 19ter (don't give your original one, KEEP IT no matter what!!!) for now, then you'll give them a copy of your F card once you receive it.

Hi,

Thank you for your kind reply. I actually had the same question. So, Annex19TER would be sufficient to work? Is there anything else needed, like the orange card?

Hello,

if you have the annexe 19ter, then it should mean that you have also received your orange card at the same time (if your commune is not annoying... some ask to come back 1-2 weeks later for NO REASON or fake reason like they don't have orange card available to do it right now)

Annexe 19ter is not a work permit.
But in that orange card, you'll be able to read: unlimited work permit because you're family member of an EU.
And so, your orange card or your future F card is a valid work permit. (and that's what your employer will want to see / if you want to open a self employee business)

Thank you so much for your clarification!!
I haven't received the orange card and they did not tell me anything about it at the commune. From what they said, I would only be allowed to work after 6 months when I receive the F card, which came as a shock to me.
I found out about orange card only at this forum.
People at the commune are really very difficult to be honest.
But in any case, I see I will need to contact them once more and ask for orange card.
Thanks again!

Yes in your case its best to ask. In fact if u log onto your gemeente website to book an appointment you should be able to see an option for an orange card application. I realised some clerks are not too familiar at times with processes for foreigners or u may have found someone who is new or something. You always need some  id anyway to carry with u in Belgium and an orange card  is one of them in case police stop u or any other place u visit like doctors, pharmacies etcand the annexure is not for these purposes.

I give fees 209 euros and extra 8 euro ok in commune.i get annexe 19ter and national number .My baby and wife are the citizen of belgium.Now police verification is completed .Please tell me commune give me f card or orange card.

Iulianna Ro wrote:

Thank you so much for your clarification!!
I haven't received the orange card and they did not tell me anything about it at the commune. From what they said, I would only be allowed to work after 6 months when I receive the F card, which came as a shock to me.
I found out about orange card only at this forum.
People at the commune are really very difficult to be honest.
But in any case, I see I will need to contact them once more and ask for orange card.
Thanks again!

Not true. You can work during your decision reauest for an orange card. you will need to prove or may be they have changed from orange card to just an paper for model B" not sure". Organge card. Worth checking.

Fcard takes 6 months. Go ask for orange card

Hi there!
I just saw your post and I am wondering exactly the same thing.
I paid 209 euro and got annexe 19ter and national number. We are on the same procedure. My commune does not know whether I will be provided f card or orange card. But what I understood for now is foreign nationals who invoke the right of residence on the basis of family reunification with a Belgian or a citizen of the Union during the period of examination of the application for recognition of the right of residence. These people must be in possession of an appendix 19ter[3]. They have unlimited access to the labor market during the application examination period;[link moderated]

I would like to know if I receive the orange card or directly F card. But the most likely what we will receive is orange card I think..  and after 6 months we should be able to get F card.

Thats correct

Radhe0604 wrote:

I would like to know if I receive the orange card or directly F card. But the most likely what we will receive is orange card I think..  and after 6 months we should be able to get F card.

The orange card is nothing just a proof you have applied and to show the authorities in case you were stop by them or if found job this card will allow you to work during you application decision.

This card will have the expiry date, before it expires you have to go to city hall then they stamp with new expiry date untill you got your decision answer. I got 3 times when i applied for my first f-card.

Thank you for reply. I appreciate. Is the Annexe 19Ter and orange card are pretty much the same thing?

No.
Annexe 19ter is a document that proof you've a pending resident permit request ongoing.
Orange card is a temporary resident permit.

Hi dear. My employer have applied for single work permit for me. I have "aansluitingsnummer".
Do you know from which Web site or link I can follow my process? Thanks so much

I understand better now. Thank you so much.

@Kdeepak Hey, what if I have a single permit and I want to apply for reunification. Would I still need an orange card in the waiting period?

@AlexFromBelgium  Hello Alex

I got a job offer in Belgium based on I am legally allowed to work in Belgium. So i recently moved to Belgium with my wife who is non Belgian but EU citizen.  We were told my wife needs to have a job before I can be registered and refused to accept my job contract as substitution for my wife's. We got registered anyways but on the condition that my wife will provide a job contract within 90 days. My wife was given an annex19 which has a personal number on it. I was also given an annex19 but without a personal number. I was told I will have personal number after the police check.  Police has checked and approved us, but we have not heard back from the commune for my orange card after about a week. My question is can I already work with the Annex19 issued to me without personal number on it ? My job resumption is next week. Thank you
Hello,

you are two separate cases: she's EU and she has 1000 times more rights than you.
If she want to stay in Belgium, she must either have a job, enough money to take of herself and her family that it will never cost a single euro to the government, etc... and be in order of health care insurance.

For you, I don't get why you didn't pick your job...
If your salary was more than 1845,48€ + 100-200 more, because your wife would be dependent on you to cover her stay... I mean... I need more information in your situation to correctly advise you!

Hello,

I have been working here since 2017 dec but first  year as dependent on my wife and after June 2018 as main applicant. May I apply now for card B for the moment I m having card A or I need to wait until next year ?

@Kdeepak what happens if you miss to renew the stamp before the date expires? Mine expired in July but since i work in Luxembourg i never had time to take a day off from work to get it done.

Do I need to pay any amende?? :(

Also, in the meantime i got my EU citizenship (finally) do this interfiere with the whole process? I mean, I entered Belgium as a non EU spouse of an EU citizen (thats why I applied to the orange card) but now I'm a EU citizen myself. I dont know what to do next :(

Hello please how long does it take for police to check someone home for annex 19 ter registration in non populated City?

@john Paul8

this depends on the municipality where you live.  For some, it takes 2 days, for others it take take up to a month or months.

For big cities, it takes long.