Should I be in Singapore to apply for a job?

Hi,

Im an Ivorian and work in Cairo Egypt as Travel agent and hotel advisor on an Expedia account //im bilingual (french and english) and i woould like to move to Singapore // im still looking for any job opportunity but all HR requested to me to be in SIngapore first // They said i have a good level but its a must to be there first // thats why i write u to know if its possibl to reach there before // im willing to move asap // could you help me please?

Best regards,

Hello guikahuechelsea0849,

Welcome to Expat.com 1f601.svg

Please note that I had to move your thread to the English version of the Singapore forum to make sure you gather the right information.

I invite you to read the Living in Singapore guide for expats. There's articles on Work in Singapore where you can already get some insights.

All the best,

Cheryl

Expat.com team

For a successful job search, it used to be absolutely necessary to be physically present in Singapore - especially for low-skilled jobs (below university degree). Things have somewhat changed due to COVID, which made video interviews more common (but reduced chances for foreigners in general). I still think that you should consider an extended job search trip, if you can afford it and spend the necessary time preparing for it and contacting potential employers in advance.

However, it is not possible to get hired and receive a work visa within thze validity of your tourist stay - meaning you would have to return hoime and wait for the result there.