How to get a teaching job in Singapore?

Hello. I'm hoping I can get some insight into how to get a teaching job in Singapore. I've looked for vacancies through job portals but not many offering position as a history teacher. I'm interested to teach at an international school but I'm not sure what teaching certification they usually require.

Any helpful tips would be great.

There are two kinds of schools in Singapore, with very different hiring requirements:

• Public schools are managed by the Monistry of Education (MoE), which also sets teachers' standards and coordinates hiring. Basically, you need a recognised (by MoE) educational degree and relevant teaching experience to have a chance here. You also must be native English speaker and you will face stiff competition by local teachers, which will always be preferentially hired. To apply, contact MoE.
  • Private and international schools are individually run by private (and often for-profit) organisations. Each one sets its own requirements for hiring teachers, so you must contact them directly tofind out more and to apply. In general, their standards are even higher than in the public schools - and many international schools prefer teachers from their "home" country.