EP Approval July / Aug 2022

@Itsmeraj Did you or your Employer ask the MOM for reason for rejection or re-appeal may be ?

Hi,

I would like to have some opinions of my application, though I understand that at the end of the day, it'll be up to MOM's discretion on the eligibility.

EP Application submitted: 7th September 2022

Profession: External Audit

Relevant Exp: 4 years

Salary: 5k

Nationality: Malaysian (Chinese)

I am a former PR at birth but stopped being PR since 6 years old, as I spent most of my life in Malaysia. This may be viewed negatively to MOM/ICA, but do I stand a slither of hope, or should I be prepared for the worst.

Thank you and best of luck to everyone else.

@bryantlc93 If you (or your parents) renounced your PR before the age of 12, there will be no negative influence and your work pass application will be assessed as everyone else's.

But you will probably not become PR ever again.

@beppi

Thank you for your response. My parents did not renounce on my behalf (as they did not even know I had PR). However we've confirmed with CMPB and ICA (after going through some very traumatic experience), that since I ceased to be PR at 6, I was not liable for NS, nor did I commit any Enlistment Act offences.

I do think being a PR will be a tremendous hurdle that may never bore fruit, I hope this would not affect my ability to work in Singapore as the past was the result of my parents' actions, not mine. I understand however in Singapore, it is strictly rules based.

@Gurst7908 Hi did your check if you are eligible in SAT before applying EP?

@espreedupree Bro when you do SAT does it shows you are eligible for EP?

@Guest7908 Hi did your check if you are eligible in SAT before applying EP?
-@andryllbarcarse

Hello andryllbarcarse,

Please note that unfortunately that Guest7908 is no longer a member of Expat.com

Cheers,

Cheryl

Expat.com team

My parents did not renounce on my behalf (as they did not even know I had PR).
-@bryantlc93

A minor can only become Singapore PR if the parents (or legal guardian) apply for it.

I thus very much doubt your statement above.

as the past was the result of my parents' actions, not mine.

Here you seem to confirm that I am right.

@beppi

The system works differently 30 years back, obviously I can't prove it, but I lived through it so honest to god none of us were aware.

But anyway, hope it turns out fine, thanks for your input.

Hi All,

My EP has been in "Pending" status for the past 2 months. Whenever employer contacts MOM, they say it is being reviewed. As a candidate am I allowed to contact MOM ? Will it affect my application progress in any way

Thanks in advance

@abhilashothers I think I'm in a similar situation, its been 5 weeks and still pending. Also, its not my first EP, I'm not sure whats holding it up, they're are not giving any reason. They mentioned that they'll process EPs in 10 business days or give updates but looks like thats not the case.

@andryllbarcarse

I was already on EP for past 2 years and yes SAT of course shows eligibility.

And i'm not a ‘ bro ‘ by the way :)

They mentioned that they'll process EPs in 10 business days or give updates but looks like thats not the case.
-@n00n

Where is that mentioned?

The last official announcement I know of said 6 - 8 weeks.

@beppi It is mentioned here https://www.mom.gov.sg/faq/work-pass-ge … ork-passes .But it is taking more time than ever before.

@abhilashothers Indeed, it is written there. But the reality was never below 3 weeks (on average, individual cases can of course deviate) and currently 6 - 8 weeks, as they seem to have a backlog.

EP submitted: 25 August
Relevant exp: ~ 5 years
Industry: Tech
Salary: ~ 10k
EP status: Pending
Currently in SG, this 2nd time applying for EP. Previously it got renewed for 3 years.
-@n00n

Update:

My EP just got approved after 5 weeks. Good luck to all of you who are still waiting. Requires a lot of patience

@kbrit01 Still waiting atm - Date of submission 15th Aug Pending.. Pending.. Pending.. on Day 30 now..

mine was submitted 12th of Aug and is still pending. Have you got yours approved already?

Hi Team,

Need Some advice or information. please find the current status.

I am in Singapore for 10yrs

EP cancelled on Sept 14th ( bcoz recession, my role got closed)

New company applied EP on 24th Sept (20% hike in the salary)

6th Oct MoM requested for additional documents (company documents).

10th Oct - Still pending

Anyone had this situation before? please note my old company canceled Ep on sept 14th. current i hold STVP.

Hoping to hear good news from MoM.

@JR882 This is a very common situation, you can find loads of similar cases if you read the forum.

@beppi

thanks for the quick response, 9 out of 10 case new company apply EP and after the notice period old company cancel the EP. But my case is bit different. As you said  will try to read the old thread and get some info.

@JR882 The only difference in your case is that you have a deadline (your STVP expiry), at which you must temporarily leave the country if your new EP is not yet approved. A situation to be avoided, of course (e.g. by not resigning before the new EP is approved), but there is nothing you can do now, after the old EP is gone.

@beppi

that's true, nothing much i can do now. Let's hope everything will settle soon.

tomorrow new company will submit the required documents to MoM. Lets see how it goes.

@beppi when MOM asks for additional documents and/or inputs, will the status on the MOM website change, or will it just stay at 'Pending' status?

@PR7202

it says 'Pending' doesn't change the status. My new company update me the status, saying MoM is requesting some additional company docs.

@beppi

after submitted required doc's to MoM, any idea how long does it take for the output. My company said 2-3 weeks. really so long?

@JR882 Currently 6 - 8 weeks, because they seem to have a huge backlog of cases to process. (2 - 3 weeks was some time ago.)

@beppi

oh ok thanks for the input and i'll keep you posted.

Hi all,

Can I check if anyone need to go back hometown because of cannot renew EP? Do I have high chance for the approval?

This was my 6th times get rejected when applying EP in 2 years, first time when renewing.

for the background

Date applied: 10/8/2022

current status: pending

Rejected after 5 weeks ( asking for verifing my certificate), last year I already submitted the verification from agency for my EP application in other company but seems like they didn't record it

Years of exp: 9 years

Nationality: Vietnamese

work in Singapore: 4.5 years

Last year I also got offer from other company and got rejected 5 times ( the most reason is salary jump is too high (30%) and salary doesn't match with credentials)

so I can't switch company.

This year even just renew EP also get rejected, my EP will be expired today and HR already apply to extend it 1 month.

Should I start packing?

@Thomas2412 Your post is confusing, but after being rejected so many times you should have a Plan B. Good luck!

@beppi

Generally we get STVP for 2months?

Can STVP be extended? if the EP outcome yet to come.

@beppi thanks Beppi.

I  was rejected EP 5 times last year when other company applied for me so I didn't change job. The reason was big jump in salary.

This year, my current company try to renew my EP and we got rejected first time because they ask to hire agency to verify my Certificate. We already submitted the document but after 5 weeks it's still pending.

I work in IT, salary more than 9k. Do you think I have high chance to get approval?

@JR882 STVP (tourist visa) is usually valid for 15 days or one month. It can be renewed.

An STVP automatically given at work pass cancellation is usually 30 days (sometimes 60 days) and cannot normally be renewed.

Hi. May I ask where you can check your application status? Asking for a friend.

@beppi

My case luckily i got it for 2 months.  In that 28 days remaining. Hopefully i get my IPA before STVP expiry.

waiting for IPA, 28 days still counting . . . .

@nayeshaf He should check the EPOnline system on MoM's website.

@beppi

asking out of curiosity, if i call MoM and ask my current status on my EP application will that impact my application output?  its been almost 1 month now. Still pending.

@JR882 It will not affect your application outcome, but it will also not achieve anything else (a.k.a. waste of time).

If you want any answer, let the employer call them!

Hi. I read on the forum some people say in their cases status were pending from invalid then approve after appeal. Any one experience the same? Thanks.

Hi. I read on the forum some people say in their cases status were pending from invalid then approve after appeal. Any one experience the same? Thanks.

@JR882,

Finally the wait is over, my EP got approved on thursday 29th.

It took almost 5-6 weeks. Thanks for all the support.

Hopefully everyone will get good news very soon!

All the best.