EP Approval July / Aug 2022

Hi All,

Let's post our July / Aug pass application dates & timeline here.

Sharing my experience here....

Date of application: 28th July 2022

Pass Applied: EP

Field: Finance sector (IT)

Date of approval: 2 Aug 2022

@Arje21 Can I know is this your first visa? And how much your work experience?

Hi Adeea,

No, not my first visa in Singapore. I'm currently in S pass and have 7+ years of total experience and my relevant is 4.5 yrs.  The hike is 15% of the current salary. I recently joined the current firm a month ago and am still on probation.
Date of application: 18th July 2022

Field: SWE

Wish everyone luck!
@Arje21 congratulations!! That was so quick!

DOA: 1st July 2022

9 years in SG, 7 yrs relevant experience
Industry: IT (European startup company, launched in SG last year)

MOM requested for additional documents to be submitted before 26th July which the HR complied with.

This has been the longest application so far. Last time it only took a week. Keep praying!
DOA 22 July 2022

status Invalid 27 July (did not receive reason why)

status back to Pending 1 Aug

@Meaaat But is it your status from invalid to pending again because you do appeal? Btw

Hi all,

I just realized there is a mismatch between the university and affiliated university attended in my IPA letter. I've also provided the degree certificate and mark sheets, but it appears that they made a mistake when selecting the university during the application process.
I've notified my new company's HR department, but have yet to hear back. Will this have an impact on the IPA approval, or can MOM correct it and the IPA remain valid? Has anyone else had this happen before?

Regards,
Jeya
@Meaaat
I also checked my application sometimes it showed Invalid. But then the next they I checked it became Pending again. Not sure why but I guess the system might be down sometimes.

No worries. If the application was indeed rejected, your employer should have informed you.

Good luck to you and me!
@I believe in me @adeaa

With the new MOM EPOL interface, it is hard to know the reason behind Invalid.

I did check with HR and urged them to appeal on my behalf without receiving any response.

I think the back to Pending from Invalid status was a cue that they did appeal.

The old interface might shade some light on the reasons, but not this new one.

I hope yours and mine come through.

@Job23 same with you , still pending.

Application: 15th July 2022
Currently still pending (3rd August 2022)

The company is an overseas startup hiring 50+ people in SGP, and its my second EP application.
MOM has also requested some additional documents.

Hoping for the best, last time it was much quicker 1f636.svg
Sharing my experience here. First time EP

Date of application: 29th July 2022
Field: IT
Years of experience : 14
Date of approval: 3rd Aug 2022

@sam1239 awesome! Is it your 1st EP application?

@Job23

Yes, Its my first EP
@sam1239
Congrats! It was so fast.

I guess your company is a reputable one with good HR, isn't it? That's why your application got approved so fast.
@Meaaat

I don't check on EPOnline, instead I use MOM check work pass application status service. I guess it's because it's my first time applying for EP so I couldn't use EPOnline (I tried logging in using Singpass for the EPOnline but it only shows my student pass info)

Using the MOM's check work pass application status, I see the status from Pending to Invalid then back to Pending again and of course with no reason stated. Not sure how the EPOnlline's interface looks like but you could consider using that to check too

Just sharing my experience and want to know any insights/thoughts you have. =)

Date of application: 28th June 2022
Field: Financial Institution
Nationality: Malaysian
Salary: 5k

28th June 2022: EP submitted.
19th July 2022: MOM requested a background check on my education from Agency.
22nd July 2022: Background checks successfully and submitted to MOM.
28th July 2022: Invalid
29th July 2022: Resubmit for S-Pass
4th Aug 2022: Invalid.
5th Aug 2022: Appeal for S-Pass. Pending.

First VISA application and never work in Singapore.
I graduated from a University with a valid certificate (Honors Degree).
Total working experience: 8 years
Relevant working experience: 2 years

Just very curious why my E-P got rejected and even the S-Pass also got rejected in the first place. HR verified with the officer and said it was the application process, nothing to do with my qualification.
it seems like it doesn't state clearly what are the reasons.

@Job23 my EP has finally been approved today! Hope you guys  will receive good news as well soonest :)

@job23: Congrats:) My application is back to processing / Pending for the educational details amendment. The status changed from Approved to Pending 2 days back and fingers crossed, I'm waiting for the result again.

@Arje21 oh okay. Don't worry hopefully it will be re-approved soon! Fingers and toes crossed

@Job23 Thank you :) Hoping for approval soon as I have already resigned from my current company.

Hi All,
I also want to share my application status, I know it's common for my case. but I just want to know if anyone also encounter this long waiting time recently.

Date of application: 24th June 2022
Pass Applied: 1st EP
Field: Semicon Manufacturing
Nationality: Indonesian
Salary: 4k
Year Experience: almost 4 years

So far since the pass applied in June 24th, it's only shown "Pending" status every day.
I'm entering Week 7 now waiting, For you that having the same, you are not alone!
I hope I'm not alone though --"

Cheers & good luck everyone!
Hey Guys,

Wanted to share my status:

Ep Applied: 1/Aug/2022
Ep rejected: 6/Aug/2022 (due to company turnover details being old in their MOM account)
Ep Appealed: 8/Aug/2022 (with latest turnover details and supporting documents)
Status is still invalid.

@Meaaat what is your status now? Can you please let me know? Can we still check status in old interface? can you share the link?

@karthikk100 Mine is still pending after 2 weeks from date of appeal.

@Meaaat Got it. Thanks for sharing. So ideally once the appeal is made, does the status move back to pending from Invalid?

@karthikk100 In my case, yes.

To clarify,

Re Status on the portal, appeals don't entail a change on the portal unless a final outcome is arrived, which is approved or rejected.

@Meaaat Hey Any updates on your EP appeal status? can you let me know why yours got rejected in the first place by MoM?

Update on my status:
Ep Applied: 1/Aug/2022
Ep Invalid/Rejected: 6/Aug/2022 (due to company turnover details being old in their MOM account)
Ep Appealed: 8/Aug/2022 (with latest turnover details and supporting documents)
Ep Pending: 12/Aug/2022 (moved back to pending again)

Hope it will be approved soon.
Hi All,
I also want to share my application status, I know it's common for my case. but I just want to know if anyone also encounter this long waiting time recently.

Date of application: 24th June 2022
Field: Semicon Manufacturing
Nationality: Indonesian
Salary: 4k
Year Experience: almost 4 years

So far since the pass applied in June 24th, it's only shown "Pending" status every day.
I'm entering Week 7 now waiting, For you that having the same, you are not alone!
I hope I'm not alone though --"

Cheers & good luck everyone!
- @Naikebawah

Just got update from MoM website that my work pass is invalid / rejected.
when I ask my Employer, she sent a capture that showing the reason :
" This candidate is not eligible to apply for a work pass. Please look for another candidate"
it says that my application is for S Pass.
what is the usual issue that make me not eligible? is it related with my resume, salary, history, or related with the employer it self?
Is it possible to appeal this rejection?

Kindly need your advise for enlightenment, Thanks!
Naikebawah: This indicates that you (not the employer) is generally ineligible for a work pass. Read related forum posts (search keyword "adverse record") to find out what can potentially cause this.
An appeal only has a chance after the adverse record is removed.
Hi all,
My situation is that a company applied EP for me but know 3 weeks past, the company telling me my EP is rejected and they have appealed it but still impossible to get it approved. I check EP status almost everyday and now it's still pending. just wonder if MOM system is not correct?
DOA 22 July 2022

status Invalid 27 July (did not receive reason why)

status back to Pending 1 Aug
- @Meaaat

Approved 19 Aug
Hope everyone receives the good news today.

Hi All,

I also would like to share my application status.

Date of application: 18 Aug 2022
Field: Embedded software engineer
Nationality: Vietnam
Salary: 6k
Education: Bachelor degree.
Year Experience: 4,5 years

Good luck everyone.
@beppi let's say that i have an adverse record, can i still go to singapore with tourist visa? because 2 weeks before my work pass rejected, i went to singapore for vacation in 2 days and no objection / got hold in immigration..
When i ask MoM by myself, they wouldn't tell me and ask employer to ask MoM.. and now my employer already satisfied with MoM reason that i'm not eligible.
i guess i have to search for new job now haha
Some adverse records ban you from entering Singapore altogether, others only from living and/or working here. It depends on how serious your violation was.
Hi folks wanted to seek for advice here.
My EP application was submitted on 16 Aug
Today came out as invalid
Salary: 4k7
The job I applied to is more related to my Bachelor Degree than my Master Degree
Experience: Relevant experience mostly came from full-time internship (I actually worked as an executive in the projects, just the title and salary were like an intern)
Have other full-time experience as well
Not sure why I got rejected.
Any advice what should I do next?
I have a quick question here.
My EP application check says invalid 1 week after application.
This is my first EP and I have just talked to a senior of my alma mater in SG; he told me for every of his EP application he had to submit MOM's Form 8 which is the EP Application form.
I just came to notice that my employer did not send me any form like that to fill in. Any chance that this employer is fooling me? (Because I also got confused that how they could even successfully apply and received the pending status if there was a form missing)
Thank you