Covid Protocol for Flights Arriving and Departing

Hi All
I wish to know since the lifting of the flight ban early this month, what is the latest relating to Covid regulations when passengers are arriving and departing MAU.

Thank you
Regards
Pravin

Passport/Immigranten control then PCR testing by health department  straight afterwards, before being allowed to collect your hold luggage

Thanks for your reply.

However does anyone have any info relating in regards to Covid protocol when departing  from here

that would depend on the country you are travelling TO or countries you are landing / disembarking at en-route to your final destination.

Most countries require you to be fully vaccinated and in addition show the negative result of a PCR test done not more than 72 hours before departure.

This can be done for instance by C-Lab (the white tents outside the entrance of C-Care Clinic Cap Tamarin or C-Care La Croisette, Grand Baie or Clinique Darné in Curepipe)
they charge about Rs 2100 per person and usually email the results to you within 24h.

You will have to wear a mask the entire time from entering SSR International Airport and during the entire flight, except while eating or drinking.

Depending on your destination airport, you will probably be subjected to another PCR test on arrival (nasal swab) with negative result before being allowed to enter the country.

Hello!

We were planning to move over Mauritius 🦤 in April but we will have to postpone due to business matters. Although we would like to come over in April 2022 (from Spain) for a couple of weeks vacation and preparing our possible move over. Mu husband and I have the 3 Covid dose, my oldest son who is 13 has 2 dosis, my 10 years, only one so far and the 4 years old none. From what I read we would need to do a PCR beforehand (not an issue) but then it seems another test is to be done at the hotel on day 5.

My question is what about if we are not staying in a hotel, I was planning to rent a bungalow or a villa l(like we did the 1st time we came over) as it is much cheaper and much more convenient for a big family. Do we need to set up a test  in one of the hotel? Is it something not mandatory?

Thanks in advance for your input.

Lynda

Hi ,

If you will choose to stay in a private villa you will have to do a PCR test before travelling in your home country. As soon as you land in Mauritius, the authorities will perform a PCR test at the airport before exiting the airport.

You will have to provide them with your details such as address you will stay and a phone number. They will then inform you about the results within 24 hours.

Many thanks for the information 🙂

Just a question, we have to undergo quarantine but the price we have been given is 4000 Rupees per PCR test and we need three tests each ( there are 3 of us) does anyone know if we can buy our tests in SA and bring them with us..?

When I was in quarantine me and my wife and mother in law it's cost us 4000 rupees per person for all three tests. That was at gold beach hotel

Visit this site its official website of Mauritius tourism:

Mauritius Now

https://mauritiusnow.com/mauritius-travel-advice/

All landing information are provided here for vaccinated travelers and also unvaccinated travelers.

Vaccinated travelers can either book a hotel or a accomodations as per their own choice. They need to to a self test on day 5th.

Unvaccinated travelers are only allowed to book a hotel which is mentioned by the health ministry. They need to stay in their room for 14 days.

Have a wonderful stay.

Thank you both so much, really appreciate it 😊

Mauritius now confirms our findings:
The cost for all three PCR tests will be Rs12,000

Hi.
We have a private home in Flic en Flac (not in a foreign complex).
We arrived from South africa on the 5th of Feb 2022 with our PCR test results and vaccination certificates in hand. NONE of these were requested at all. Immigration did not even want to look at it. We had a nose swab at the airport and were sent on our way. We came straight to our home (apartment) and have heard nothing since.
From this you should be ok in a private villa as long ad you have a contact number where authorities can contact you if needs be. We gave our Mauritian and SA numbers and all was ok.
Hope this helps

Re the couple and mother in law quarantining at Gold Beach Hotel.
What was your stay like? The number of quality hotels offering quarantine stays is extremely limited compared to a year ago.