Motorcycle import

Hi everyone
I guess if everything was easy everyone would move to paradise.

So I'm determined to  pursue my dream of bringing a motorcycle to Mauritius..

I've tried to research this minefield but not much luck.

Firstly is there an age restriction on bikes?
What sort of import tax and fees can I expect on a Harley Davidson.

I look forward to all your advice

Steve

I think this topic has been covered before on the forum. Use the magnifying glass top r/h  corner of this page.
There is also plenty of information online.

There is a lot of excise duty to be paid on motorbikes and vehicles plus vat. The taxes are paid on the first RS1.5 million of the value.
Bikes up to 300cc 0% excise 15% vat
                     Above 300cc to 450cc 45% excise 15% vat.
                    Above  450cc 100% excise 15% vat.
I found this information online but you should also check yourself with the relevant Govt authorities.

Thanks stumpy.
So over 450cc is 15% of what? The value I paid for it or what it is valued in Mauritius.
For me this is where things aren't clear, especially if you haven't imported before.
Are there agents that will deal with all this for me?

Steve

Hi,
I'm new on this forum and would thus make my first post and "hello everyone I'm new" post with this.

Okay, now that that's done, Steve, what have you sorted out on this topic?
I have read many official documents related to importing motorcycles and parts older than 1 year. The information is devastating in the least and vague as well... So, since the government changed the regulations related to importing, what has happened? Is there still now way of importing a motorcycle older that one year nor any parts thereof? I want to bring in a 2007 KTM 525 XC-W (dirt bike).

Moderated by Diksha 3 years ago
Reason : Free advertising is not allowed on the forum.
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct

Have you succeeded in importing?
Because from the information I have, we cannot import motorcycles except for dealers.