School transport

Another question as I am new in Mauritius. If I live in Flic en Flac and my daughter goes to school in Phoenix, how is it best for her to get home in the afternoon? I have thought of two possible options:

1. Do the contract buses offer a door to door service as house is quite a way from the main road and are these buses ok (i.e. reliable and no bullying on them)?
2. Is it possible to hire a car/taxi and driver to pick up my helper in Flic en Flac, drive to the school, pick up daughter and bring her home ( I wouldn't send her on her own in a taxi)? This would need to be a regular arrangement.

Please let me know of any reliable options and approximate costs.  Thanks

Check with the school whether they offer transportation up to Flic en Flac. Most private schools offer transport services for the kids and it's a door to door service.

There's no direct bus link from FenF to Phoenix. Even if there had been one, I would not have recommended using it. Take much time, irregular intervals and not always comfortable.

A taxi would cost you quite a lot for daily services, (unless you are willing to pay for it) and it's highly unlikely you will get one everyday for a specific schedule.

Hi, I'm currently stil in SA, but have a school pick up service in SA too schools from home to school and back. I'm thinking of continuing my service in Mauritius. We moving to Mauritius in 2022. Would there be a need for something like this. I'm bringing my Toyota Quantum(2014 model) with us, so bus won't be problem. Safety belts for each seat and I'll be the only driver. I'll have a passenger liability insurance as well and like in SA I have been in business for 18 years doing just this, and loving my kids. Any schools that would like o msg me can do so. I'd like to know which areas would most need my service. We will be renting in FenF at first and then move to Tamerin.

Our daugther to attend West coast high school from Jan 2022 and the school has told us they have a collection of private busses that do the school runs.  So they may be ones to ask as they are in the Flic en flac area.   Natasha

Will be relocating by then too...hope we meet there

@myb003 Thats a very good idea. There is not much of a service like that.. let me know if you really offer a school transport. Id be interested!!

@makalumba yes me too

@myb003 if you are going to retire in Mauritius you will have to agree not to work and make an income in  Mauritius so are you going to offer this service for free?

Make very sure that this will be allowed as Mauritian government is very protective of their citizens jobs. For instance they will not allow Uber on the Island as many many Mauirian families work in the public and private transport section with taxi's and contract busses and their public bus service is rather reliable.

Do not want to be discouraging but maybe do proper research in this before.

Hi, my name is Elloïc from Flic en Flac and I have a daughter of 3yrs old going to a pre-primary school from Palma.  Since days, I am looking for a school van to pick up home from Flic en Flac to drop her off at school at Palma,Quatre-Bornes. It is very difficult to find one doing this region. I urgently need a transport facility, can someone help please !!!

Sorry,  can't help. However, maybe consider Westcoast in Flic en Flac from age 5/ primary / maternelle