Industry: IT

First time applied for EP.

Any one is also facing same, status is not changing from last 2.5 months:(

sarrafpriyanka60 wrote:

EP Applied date: 13th Oct 2021

First time applied for EP.

Any one is also facing same, status is not changing from last 2.5 months:(

That's a long window, kindly call MoM through your employer and request for expediting your application review. Something is off.

My Employer now connected with MOM through some hotline number and they have raised some case id for this .

Hoping for some positive response soon !

sarrafpriyanka60 wrote:

My Employer now connected with MOM through some hotline number and they have raised some case id for this .

Hoping for some positive response soon !

May I know your total years of experience? haha seems not a good day for us IT people. but I saw another user here 6 years got approved in 20 days

10 yrs of experience

Srdjanm wrote:

Hello,

it took me three weeks in November to verify my Diplomas through Veremark, cus my Uni was not in the dropdown menu on the MOM website. Finally, my HR applied for E  and S pass with a verified diploma:

Application: 2nd of December
As of the 27th of December, it is still pending.
Applied for S and E pass.
Area: Science
Company: A*STAR/P&G

Really hoping to hear back this week as I am not getting paid for 2 months already (just after I finished my Ph.D. studies-submitted my thesis).

Best of luck to all!

I got my Spass approved today.  5 weeks and 2 days altogether. Good luck everyone!

Hi. I am still waiting for my EP application result (employer applied 30 Dec 2021).

Based on my past exp and reading a few posts here, if EP approved, the IPA validity is generally 6 months counting from the EP approval date.

However, I know from my friend that her IPA validity is only 2 months counting from the EP approval date (EP approval in Nov 2021). She was already working in SG during that time in IT industry & sales function. She told me that her IPA validity of 2 months might be due to the fact that she was already working in SG during that time and MOM might consider 2 months as a reasonable & sufficient time period for the transition.

Would like to hear more about the IPA validity of those who got the approval recently. Appreciate all the sharing!

Six months has never been a standard and was probably due to the uncertainties of COVID and travel restrictions.
But the IPA validity given will always cover the time until your contractual start-of-work date - and if that changes, the employer can extend the IPA, so no problem!

Thanks Beppi. Just to share more - Before COVID in mid 2019, I also got IPA validity of 6 months. During that time I was not in SG at the time of the approval.

I think there might be some criteria for MOM to grant the validity period of the IPA (like whether the applicant is already in SG or not, the seniority and thus MOM's expected notice period of the applicant, MOM's expected time for the new employer to bring the applicant to SG in case he/she is not currently in the country). Not sure if there is a blank for the employer to fill in during the EP application the amount of time the firm wants for the IPA validity or not.

I don't think the time period is totally random among various applicants.

I am asking this question as in case I get 2 months IPA validity and I need to serve notice period with my current employer for 2 months, the transition period of issuing new Work pass seems a bit tight. Also noted that IPA validity can also be extended for another 1 month.

HI DEAR.
i have 17 years work experience and my employer wants to apply spass for me.what is the resonable salary for 17 years experience for spass.

HI all ,

I am from India , applied first time

Application: 28th  of December2021
As of today status  NO RECORD FOUND
Applied for S Pass

But my employer informed that application was rejected due to the company partnership issues . but in online status still shows as No RECORD FOUND .

Previous application in november 2021 also rejected for foreigners not allowed ,

from Nov 2021 the my application status still shows as No record found  .

Pls clarify why  my  both rejected not updated in EPonline

Regards
Raja Ks

rezarahimi834 wrote:

HI DEAR.
i have 17 years work experience and my employer wants to apply spass for me.what is the resonable salary for 17 years experience for spass.

you can try the SAT tool
https://service2.mom.gov.sg/workpass/sat

Raja Ks: Your employer should contact MoM to find out what is wrong in your login profile!

Hi Would like to share my experience.

Applied: 30 Dec 2021
Approved: 12 Jan 2022 (~10 working days)
Industry: Financial services
Experience: 2.5 years in SG (not studied here)

Hope others in the forum also receive some good news soon!

wah sunny day for finance people

My potential future employer applied for Epass without me signing the contract / negotiating the salary first. Is this normal and can salary be changed after approval?

Royaleffm: This is NOT normal or o.k. They must, in the EP application confirm that there is a valid employment contract and also state the agreed salary.
This might be a scam. I suggest you look for a more honest employer!
(You might also want to report this to MoM.)

yesterday MoM called my prospective employer and told them better to submit a new application instead. the HR told the officer and wait for them to reject it first so that they can apply for a new application. anyone can share similar experience? i did read a few responses here where they are told to submit a new application and it worked out in the end, but cant lie im frustrated that they told the HR to submit new application, yet they havent reject the old application and now we are waiting for them and the waiting is just longer and longer ...

EP applied on 23Dec. Status is pending for approval. On 11Jan they triggered for background verification to potential employer. I am on STVP and recently my STVP in Singapore is extended for 30days. Worked in SG for 6+Years. 11+YOE. The process is so time consuming and disheartening.

navinpd wrote:

EP applied on 23Dec. Status is pending for approval. On 11Jan they triggered for background verification to potential employer. I am on STVP and recently my STVP in Singapore is extended for 30days. Worked in SG for 6+Years. 11+YOE. The process is so time consuming and disheartening.

how did u get ur pass extended? cos its not possible to go back to ur home country?

MOM has a form to submit for STVP extension if looking for next employer. It's subject to approval. And  I got approval for extension of STVP.

karencaution wrote:

we are waiting for them and the waiting is just longer and longer ...

Yes, patience is the key when dealing with MoM. I know this is not easy, but at least a longer processing time has NO implications on your approval chances - the only thing you can read out of it is that it takes longer!

Navinp: Thanks for telling us about the (apparently new) online form for STVP extension. Did you fill and submit it, o your employer?

Hi all
Im existing work permit holder.

new employer
My s-pass application details
  submitted  - 21st Dec 2021
rejected -  4th January  2022
Reason as per HR :
To provide  salary details / breakdown to MOM.

Again applied - 6th Jan 2022
Status  turned to -" Need input from other agency........."  till now. Outcome will be available  within 4week as per status.

Any advice  for that,

Apply: Dec-31-2021
Jan-18 still pending

First time apply

beppi wrote:
karencaution wrote:

we are waiting for them and the waiting is just longer and longer ...

Yes, patience is the key when dealing with MoM. I know this is not easy, but at least a longer processing time has NO implications on your approval chances - the only thing you can read out of it is that it takes longer!

Navinp: Thanks for telling us about the (apparently new) online form for STVP extension. Did you fill and submit it, o your employer?

just to confirm, is it true that appeal can only be cancelled if the MoM officer rejects it? the HR said so. i find it really weird because then it means im stuck and cant even have another company apply for me unless the MoM officer rejects it

karencaution wrote:

just to confirm, is it true that appeal can only be cancelled if the MoM officer rejects it?

An application can be withdrawn at any time by the employer.

Application: 6th Dec 2021
EP
Salary: 10K

It's been pending for the past 50 days....

mine applied on 10/1
17/1 status change to pending
hopefully can hear some positive result by this month

quick update my application approved today. total took 16 days to approve.
Good luck u guys!

Sharing my experience. The status was pending for 3 months without rejection.

From SP to EP
EP Applied date: 25/Oct/2021
S Pass cancelation date : 31/Dec/2021 (As contract termination)
STVP Expiration date : 31/Jan/2022 (As S Pass canceled)
Got link from MOM for STVP extension : 7/Jan/2022
STVP extension request : 24/Jan/2022 morning
EP Approved : 24/Jan/2022 morning
STVP extension approved : 24/Jan/2022 night

My EP was approved after more than a month:

Application Date: 15 Dec 2021
Approval Date: 3 Feb 2022
Industry: IT/Software
Salary Range: 9-11k
Southeast Asian

Been working in Singapore for 7 years already.
This is my third company here.

Good luck to those who are still waiting.

Goog Luck,
Why taken more than 1 months , any bg ? like academic qualification verification ?

My new employer informed me on 15 Jan 2022 that MOM was looking for academic qualification verification. I already had this and did in fact gave a copy to the employer in December. However, they have missed transmitting it to MOM when they applied online. I think this has contributed to the delay in approval.

Anybody still waiting for the result of Dec application?
I have been waiting since the 6th of Dec. just wondering if anybody else's application is taking this long too…

mofu wrote:

I have been waiting since the 6th of Dec. just wondering if anybody else's application is taking this long too…

That's beyond the normal processing time, may want to urge your employer to nudge MoM and seek an outcome.

Shekhz wrote:
mofu wrote:

That's beyond the normal processing time, may want to urge your employer to nudge MoM and seek an outcome.

I tried but the employers just said "MoM is taking time to make the decision" and they didn't shre any other details.
I have been asked to submit any additional infromation or documents. The status has been just "Pending".
Can the company be the reason why my EP is not getting approved? I have been in Singapore for the past 7 years and my EP renewal last year went smoothly wihtout any problems.

mofu wrote:
Shekhz wrote:
mofu wrote:

I tried but the employers just said "MoM is taking time to make the decision" and they didn't shre any other details.
I have been asked to submit any additional infromation or documents. The status has been just "Pending".
Can the company be the reason why my EP is not getting approved? I have been in Singapore for the past 7 years and my EP renewal last year went smoothly wihtout any problems.

Company's credibility and the way the request is presented has an important role to play- so yes, it sure can be a reason.

Hi, just wanna share my experience.
15 jan - First application
18 jan - rejected
28 jan - First appeal
25 feb - rejected
My hr called MoM to ask regarding the reason n the only possible reason MoM said is that I dont have the related sector's experience. So ive decided to find another job which compatible with my experience

12.12.21 submit application
17.12.21 rejected
21.12.21 appeal
Now still pending
Company stated MoM need more time to process, and apparently all the application in my company are in pending status for now