Share here if your application was in December 2021

Hi I think MoM people might be in vacation. I wonder when will they be back
Let's share our application status here! Curious how it will go for us who applied in this holiday season

EP Applied Date 23/11/2021
EP Rejected Date (Rejection Reason)
16/12/2021, need to amend education details
EP Appeal Date 16/12/2021
fingers crossed  :dumbom:

My EP application status update:

9/Dec/2021 applied
We need inputs from other agencies…
27/Dec/2021 approved S Pass

89.7% hike (basic pay, coz NOA more than that)
Financial sector
Chinese

EP Applied Date 15/12/2021

Taking around 20%  pay cut for better opportunity. Hoping to see an update soon.

Hello,

it took me three weeks in November to verify my Diplomas through Veremark, cus my Uni was not in the dropdown menu on the MOM website. Finally, my HR applied for E  and S pass with a verified diploma:

Application: 2nd of December
As of the 27th of December, it is still pending.
Applied for S and E pass.
Area: Science
Company: A*STAR/P&G

Really hoping to hear back this week as I am not getting paid for 2 months already (just after I finished my Ph.D. studies-submitted my thesis).

Best of luck to all!

EP Applied Date 26/11/2021
Current Status:Pending

On 16 Dec, HR said MoM asked for docs from employer, and they would submit within a week. During this time, status still Pending.

Sector: IT
Salary change: 20% bump

Srdjanm wrote:

Hello,

it took me three weeks in November to verify my Diplomas through Veremark, cus my Uni was not in the dropdown menu on the MOM website. Finally, my HR applied for E  and S pass with a verified diploma:

Really hoping to hear back this week as I am not getting paid for 2 months already (just after I finished my Ph.D. studies-submitted my thesis).

Best of luck to all!

What pass are you currently on? are you in SG now ?

karencaution wrote:
Srdjanm wrote:

Hello,

Best of luck to all!

What pass are you currently on? are you in SG now ?

Hello, I am on a student pass until August 2022. I am in Singapore (didnt go for holidays home in 2.5 years, thinking it would be good to stay in until I hear back for visa...) and I submitted my thesis in early November.

png83 wrote:

EP Applied Date 26/11/2021
Current Status:Pending

On 16 Dec, HR said MoM asked for docs from employer, and they would submit within a week. During this time, status still Pending.

Salary change: 20% bump

Update: HR said she just submitted docs required by MOM  today (27 Dec). Status in EPOL Pending. Fingers-crossed. All the best to all of us waiting 🙏

Hello All,

I have applied for Epass, currently in India
Nationality: Indian
Contract
Exp: 10+ Years

Epass Application date: 21/12/2021

I had a rejection for Spass during the start of the pandemic by 08/7/2020 with a different employer.

Reason: As for Covid measures MOM has rejected foreigners temporality entry\approval and asked to reapply when the additional safe distancing measures are lifted.

Since FIN number remains the same, will there be any impact on the new Epass application?  :unsure
Or will there be a fresh verification process and other stuffs??

Fingers-crossed. All the best to all...!!!

vrock wrote:

Hello All,

I have applied for Epass, currently in India
Nationality: Indian
Contract
Exp: 10+ Years

Epass Application date: 21/12/2021

I had a rejection for Spass during the start of the pandemic by 08/7/2020 with a different employer.

Reason: As for Covid measures MOM has rejected foreigners temporality entry\approval and asked to reapply when the additional safe distancing measures are lifted.

Since FIN number remains the same, will there be any impact on the new Epass application?  :unsure
Or will there be a fresh verification process and other stuffs??

Fingers-crossed. All the best to all...!!!

hmm no i dont think it has negative impact, it will be fresh. but will you be able to travel to sg if its approved? is the VTL lane still available?

My EP renewal process is very smooth.
EP/DP Application:15/12/2021
EP Approved: 24/12/2021
DP Approved: 27/12/2021

VTL has been suspended temporarily, may be once after visa approved need to see the situation if thy resume or might have to go with quarantine rules

VTL has been suspended temporarily, may be once after visa approved need to see the situation if thy resume or might have to go with quarantine rules

krish35 wrote:

My EP renewal process is very smooth.
EP/DP Application:15/12/2021
EP Approved: 24/12/2021
DP Approved: 27/12/2021

oh wow Christmas eve

Not really. Just found that one of my educational details missed in IPA declaration form. I have provided both my degree and diploma details previously and all my previous IPA had both of them. Can i proceed to declare with missing education details ? Is anyone experienced similar issue.
@beppi and @shekz Need your inputs. Thank you in advance.

Krish35: Your employer should quickly contact MoM to correct the mistake in the application!

Hi beppi. Thank you for the reply. I have sent an email to my HR already. Is this mistake in the application? All of my previous EP applications and IPA had same education details . Also I am working with same employer since 2015 and provided MOM with same education details in fresh and all renewal applications. I am not sure what went wrong.

echoprince60 wrote:

My EP application status update:

9/Dec/2021 applied
We need inputs from other agencies…
27/Dec/2021 approved S Pass

89.7% hike (basic pay, coz NOA more than that)
Financial sector
Chinese

Hello,

I would like to ask since you applied for S pass,
Does the MOM input type of pass: Employment Pass or S pass on the website?

Update!

Got my epass approved within a week!!! Was fast  ;)

Approved date - 28 dec

vrock wrote:

Update!

Approved date - 28 dec

Hi congratulations for you!
Also just want to know are you currently in SG during the application process?

Skyler124 wrote:

Hello

Thanks!

Normally they can apply for both I think it was like this in my case

vrock wrote:

Update!

Approved date - 28 dec

Wwow congrats! That is fast :) Mine is entering 4th week tomorrow :( at least I hope they looked at it and if it was something wrong theyd say rejected or need additional inputs..just my opinion tho :P

Srdjanm wrote:
Skyler124 wrote:

Hello

Thanks!

I see,

Because my case here i not sure if they are applying EP/SP. and I'm pretty sure the HR are aware of the EP qualification since the salary given is below from EP requirement. But I saw mom's pass status website, they input " type of pass: employment pass"

So i jst curious if applying S pass, will the website put "type of pass": S pass or Employment Pass.

Skyler124 wrote:
Srdjanm wrote:
Skyler124 wrote:

Hello

Thanks!

I see,

Because my case here i not sure if they are applying EP/SP. and I'm pretty sure the HR are aware of the EP qualification since the salary given is below from EP requirement. But I saw mom's pass status website, they input " type of pass: employment pass"

So i jst curious if applying S pass will the website put type of pass: S pass or Employment Pass.

I think HR should know it because they normally check on SAT what pass to apply for their employee. In my case its also written EMPLOYMENT PASS but I know for a fact that they applied both so whichever goes through. My salary should be in the normal requirements for EPASS but it depends on the country I think. I think for some reason my country has higher requirements for salary for pass..and it should be opposite, cus its a poor country. At least thats what I heard..so on SAT it says im eligable only for SPASS...not sure really

Srdjanm wrote:
Skyler124 wrote:
Srdjanm wrote:

I see,

So i jst curious if applying S pass will the website put type of pass: S pass or Employment Pass.

I think HR should know it because they normally check on SAT what pass to apply for their employee. In my case its also written EMPLOYMENT PASS but I know for a fact that they applied both so whichever goes through. My salary should be in the normal requirements for EPASS but it depends on the country I think. I think for some reason my country has higher requirements for salary for pass..and it should be opposite, cus its a poor country. At least thats what I heard..so on SAT it says im eligable only for SPASS...not sure really

I see, glad that your HR stated clearly. In my case it's pretty weird because at first they provide me the normal EP/SP form. However they suddenly changed the form and asked me to fill up " EP Form (Sponsorship cases)". I noticed it's a two diff form. Which is why I'm worried whether they are applying SPass or EP.
My SAT says I'm eligible for SPass but MOM website says my type of pass is Employment Pass 😣

Skyler124 wrote:
Srdjanm wrote:
Skyler124 wrote:

I see,

I see, glad that your HR stated clearly. In my case it's pretty weird because at first they provide me the normal EP/SP form. However they suddenly changed the form and asked me to fill up " EP Form (Sponsorship cases)". I noticed it's a two diff form. Which is why I'm worried whether they are applying SPass or EP.
My SAT says I'm eligible for SPass but MOM website says my type of pass is Employment Pass 😣

I see, I dont remember, but I think in the forms that I was filling up I cant choose which pass to apply. But maybe some employer form has it. So it could be that they gave u by mistake to fill up employer form instead of ur form. For me, I filled up one work pass form where I didnt have to state what pass I apply for. My SAT also says SPASS, but when I asked HR they said they applied for both so whichever goes through. I think they did the same for other candidates. I am not sure, maybe admins can help, but for me it is also written employment pass. I would say don't panic and let HR do their job. If it will make you feel better, why dont you ask HR, did they apply only SPASS and if it is normal that it is written EMPLOYMENT PASS in the EPOL. Maybe thats normal. Dont worry too much about it I would say :) Hope we both get our passes soon and can start working :)

Srdjanm wrote:
Skyler124 wrote:
Srdjanm wrote:

I see, I dont remember, but I think in the forms that I was filling up I cant choose which pass to apply. But maybe some employer form has it. So it could be that they gave u by mistake to fill up employer form instead of ur form. For me, I filled up one work pass form where I didnt have to state what pass I apply for. My SAT also says SPASS, but when I asked HR they said they applied for both so whichever goes through. I think they did the same for other candidates. I am not sure, maybe admins can help, but for me it is also written employment pass. I would say don't panic and let HR do their job. If it will make you feel better, why dont you ask HR, did they apply only SPASS and if it is normal that it is written EMPLOYMENT PASS in the EPOL. Maybe thats normal. Dont worry too much about it I would say :) Hope we both get our passes soon and can start working :)

I see! Yeah shall email to my HR then and see how it goes. Hopefully things go well and we get our pass approved 🤞
Many thanks for your replies anyway! :)

Srdjanm wrote:
Skyler124 wrote:
Srdjanm wrote:

Yes,
Anyway my pass is approved. It's S pass.

Hope yours get through also and we can start working! :)

EP applied (13/12/2021)
EP status (14/12/2021): " need inputs from other agencies..."
EP status (30/12/2021): Approved (SPass)

Goodluck for those who are applying. Don't worry so much just like I do. If it's meant to be it'll be. And the end of waiting will be so worth it.

Skyler124 wrote:
Srdjanm wrote:
Skyler124 wrote:

Yes,

Wow, congrats !! :) Hope I hear from mine soon too!

Nice "present" for a new year :))) Enjoy !

Srdjanm wrote:
Skyler124 wrote:
Srdjanm wrote:

Yes,

Wow, congrats !! :) Hope I hear from mine soon too!

Nice "present" for a new year :))) Enjoy !

Yes, I believe yours will get through too!
Enjoy your new year too, don't worry so much :)

@Skyler124 @vrock if you don't mind, may I know your profession/field? I'm guessing since I'm a software engineer/tech field, although its on demand, its quite mainstream, maybe that's why it took longer  :dumbom:

karencaution wrote:

@Skyler124 @vrock if you don't mind, may I know your profession/field? I'm guessing since I'm a software engineer/tech field, although its on demand, its quite mainstream, maybe that's why it took longer  :dumbom:

My field is in finance. Kinda mainstream too hahah but maybe because I'm studying in SG. Not sure too. When did you apply for the pass?

Hi - Sharing my situation a bit

My new employer applied for my EP yesterday (30 Dec 2021). Surprisingly, I could see my application record in the EP Online portal a few hours later - Understand from reading a few posts in this forum that it will normally take a few days for the application to be reflected in the portal (but for me only a few hours!).

I am a Thai national working in SG for 2.5 years in the financial industry under EP (this is my first job straight after university graduation). My new employer is also in the same industry.

Hopefully I will know the application result in Jan 2022.

Skyler124 wrote:
karencaution wrote:

My field is in finance. Kinda mainstream too hahah but maybe because I'm studying in SG. Not sure too. When did you apply for the pass?

Mine was applied on 23/11 but appealed once on 16/12

Kim_123 wrote:

Hi - Sharing my situation a bit

My new employer applied for my EP yesterday (30 Dec 2021). Surprisingly, I could see my application record in the EP Online portal a few hours later - Understand from reading a few posts in this forum that it will normally take a few days for the application to be reflected in the portal (but for me only a few hours!).

I am a Thai national working in SG for 2.5 years in the financial industry under EP (this is my first job straight after university graduation). My new employer is also in the same industry.

Hopefully I will know the application result in Jan 2022.

I hope you got it.

My case was pretty similar as yours. The moment they submitted it, they straightaway posted on their portal.
Hope you got it mate :)

karencaution wrote:
Skyler124 wrote:
karencaution wrote:

Mine was applied on 23/11 but appealed once on 16/12

I see, mine was on 13th, i think yours shuld be soon. It depends on the appeal documents and how strong your documents are. Fingercross for you nonetheless :)

Been lurking here and wanted to contribute.

HR applied for my EP on 2nd Dec 2021. Was not able to track it (kept receiving record not found via eponline) until 22nd Dec where it was finally showing as "pending" status.

Pending status changed to approved on 29th Dec. Received my IPA from HR this morning. Also have a > 50% base salary hike and I am not in SG during the process.

Goodluck All!.

axielsponsor wrote:

Been lurking here and wanted to contribute.

HR applied for my EP on 2nd Dec 2021. Was not able to track it (kept receiving record not found via eponline) until 22nd Dec where it was finally showing as "pending" status.

Pending status changed to approved on 29th Dec. Received my IPA from HR this morning. Also have a > 50% base salary hike and I am not in SG during the process.
Goodluck All!.

Great news! I also applied on 2nd December but the status is still pending, while I am in Singapore. Not really sure how they process the applications, it is definitely not the applied date, but maybe depends on the officer that looks at the application or complications of the case.

If I may ask, what is the industry you work in?

Best!

Applied date - 10 Dec 2021
Status - pending
Industry - IT
Take home - ~100K
Getting it renewed for the 4th time.
Have dependents here with me with a school going kid.

Fingers crossed!