PR Approval Chances 2021

manwonder wrote:
ptorr wrote:

Hello, I have a quick question regarding my chances. I do not obtain any education in life and I'm wondering if I qualify for PR because I would need to leave that as blank.

Family: Single
Work pass: EP
Citizenship: German
Education: No
Work Experience: 11 years
Current Job: Permanent Job in IT
Annual Salary: ~85k a year

Thank you! :)

Most definitely & I'm sure if you are not successful here many other developed countries (countries that recognize talent) would love to have you as a resident :
Why even Steve Jobs, Bill Gates and Mark Zuckerberg all left college before they could collect their diplomas.
Infact Peter Thiel even encourages talented students to drop out of college by funding a scholarship that awards recipients with $100,000 if they quit.
I say never give up hope & keep trying maybe include a full write out of the work you do with those impressive 11yrs of work experience.
Best of luck.
:one

Thank you! Yes this is a really good idea to do write out as a extended work related experience documentation and testimonies from employers :) I'm not in super rush so anyway just wanted to check :)

Ptorr: I wonder how someone with NO education can read and write, understand a foreign language, work in IT and get an EP with a salary below the "no degree required"-threshold (which is at S$12-15k/month).
Something is not right in your story!

Hi!
What you wanna know?
Your chances should be better as IT skills needed more.
Balance it out with community services and demonstrating how would you integrate.
Cheers

Hello everyone
Here  are my details.
Family: Married with daugter
Citizenship: Indian
Education: Bachelor of Science india , Executive Program NUS
Current Job: Director  ( Permanent Job)
Annual Salary: Around 240k plus bonus 200k
In SG since Feb 2013 ( All permanent jobs have grown in Singapore in last nine years )
Active member in two societies in Singapore for education and social welfare for last 2 year

Applied : 6 times all rejected , 1 appeal rejected .
Motivation : Dont give up and keep applying as i feel you will not get untill you apply . I love the place and want to start up my own once i get PR .
Looking for some inputs to assess my chances of getting an approval.
Applied last month.

Krator: You are brave, to apply again after six rejections. Good luck!

You don't think but beppi's observation is correct.

i applied this June 2021 and got rejection letter this month. I think PR here is based on race that's a fact. for example my fiance who is a malaysian chinese, only been here for almost 2yrs and got his PR after applying after 1yr of staying here. i mean if youre a malaysian chinese applying pr is a shoe in.

i will not apply anymore on pr here because my race is the big hindrance in my application. thats why im thinking of applying in either canada or new zealand because they have a transparent criteria for pr application.

Each year, there is a quota by race as well, so yes if you are a Bulgarian for instance (probably about 100 in total in SG), your chances of securing a PR are exponentially more compared to another nationality/ race that has several thousands contesting for PR.

Hi, can someone assess my chances?

31F , Single, Indian race & nationality

Masters at NUS (graduated 2016) , worked at bank and now at leading fintech (Analytics)

Last applied in 2017 , with 4500 per month. Now 8500 (about 120k per year including bonus and stock options)

Been in Singapore since 2015.
Abhistarz: Your minus points, in the eyes of the assessing authority, is your race and that you are single. Whether your skills in a field with big demand compensate for this is unsure. If not, try to apply again after marrying (preferably a racial Chinese, and maybe having a kid).

@beppi thanks a lot!  🙏🏼