Vaccines required in Morocco

Hello everybody,

When living or moving abroad, and in particular in Morocco, vaccination against certain diseases is often required to enter the country or to avoid risks.

We would like to ask you a few questions to help future expats there.

What is your relationship to vaccines in general?

Did you get vaccinated before moving to Morocco?
Were these vaccinations compulsory or recommended?

Did you refuse to get any vaccine that was recommended for Morocco? If so, why?

If you are an expatriate in Morocco, are you encouraged to get a COVID-19 vaccine? Do you have access to the vaccine and do you plan to get it?

Is this vaccine required for entering the country now?

Many thanks,

Diksha,
Expat.com team

Hi Diksha

Currently, I am in the USA and my husband is in Morocco. My plans is to return to Morrocco this June and I am hoping to have the vaccinated by then.  Yes I am scared of trusting the vaccine but I believe we are headed in the direction of no vaccine no travel.  As it stands now I have to have Negative COVID-19 test three days before I landing in Morrocco.

I wouldn't want to catch COVID-19 nor would I want to effect anyone with it. I believe the responsible action is just to get vaccinated before I return to Morocco.

Stay well and safe
Blackdolphin

Hi I don't think so. I just back to Morocco last month and I was not asked about any vaccination to enter the country and all you need is just a negative pcr test report before entering any country that's all...

Dutch currently in Morocco. I just flew in at the beginning of the month and they only required a negative PCR test. I haven't been vaccinated since infancy and don't even know where to find the records. Moved so many times. I trust the conventional Chinese vaccine more than the western ones. I refuse to be vaccinated unless it in absolutely necessary or inhibits my ability to move and travel.

Thanks for that information.  There is talk in the news media that to travel getting vaccinated maybe become a requirement.  It could be fake news as well. I am going to keep my eye and ears open for the updates about. But thanks for sharing.

Blackdolphin

Wow!  Thanks for sharing, 

Blackdolphin

Hi
I believe this period of COVID has again shown the fragility of life and the importance vaccines and science play in our lives. In today's modern age we don't and the world didn't expect this pandemic. The ultimate prevention after the event is a vaccine as proven by history. These vaccines against diphtheria, polio, pertussis, measles, mumps and rubella, and more recent additions of hepatitis B and chicken pox, have given humans powerful immune guards to ward off unwelcome sickness.
We all have choices in life's, having the vaccine is one of those choices. With every choice there is an impact (positive and negative) in today's pandemic 2.5million COVID deaths is a frightening impact with no upper limit. At least with a vaccine that number can be capped.

Good evening, I got any recommended  vaccinations  prior to leaving the US. I'm not against vaccinations, but certain ones should be a choice. I'm not feeling to secure with the COVID vaccine because it was politically and monetarily rushed. Unless it's an obligation I will wait to see what the many affects are.

The problem is not vaccination in of itself. Sure vaccines work, no doubt about it! The problem is the Big Tech and Corp have a hand in it, and it is more political at this point than anything else. The fact that ALL countries closed borders at the around the same time is pure grounds for concern when they all suffer from different stages of social and infrastructural development yet believe that this ONE virus and its so-called solution (when so many variants are running rampant), is grounds to impose rulings and proven unnecessary or ineffective measures. Meanwhile, AIDS and who knows what else is still being transmitted. Basically, this has become an international race to demonstrate which nations are more advanced and in control of their sovereignty. This is not a simple black and white issue, it's nuanced. The technologies incorporated into The Western Co-vid vaccines have not been throughly tested even though very specific and non-objective institutions may have deemed them to have been. At the same time, the Chinese vaccine is a conventionally-developed one however there is little talk about the quality of these vaccines and more talk about how people just need to get them. Force-feeding opinions about what ANYONE needs to do with their body (like abortion or sterilization) is the pending topic at hand. Lastly, how to segment or provide services to individuals that choose not to vaccinate bring us full circle to the political danger and subtly dictatorial disaster that this is all creating. I hope that EVERYONE makes the best choice and their OWN choice without demonizing or disregarding the very cradle upon which we say democracy should stand. Otherwise, we are simply hypocrites without heads!

Wow!  I love your insight on this topic. I am in agreement with most of what you have shared. It is scary.  I do believe in some vaccinations but not all. I stopped taking the flu shot over 10 years ago after I got very sick.  I had three family members who had Covid all praises be to God no one died or had to be in the hospital.

You hear about all the deaths from Covid all over the world it's a scary decision. It's very true the vaccines were Rushed. Deciding to get vaccinated is a personal one.  Because of my age I have not yet been able to take the vaccine and I am leaning towards getting it I can't deny I am not concerned.

Thanks for sharing your insight!

Blackdolphin

The U.S. Consulate General reminds U.S. citizens that the Government of Morocco continues to operate under a Health State of Emergency.  During this time, authorities may put into place with little notice restrictions aimed at stopping the spread of COVID-19.  These measures may include border closures and/or flight suspensions. 

As of February 25, the Government of Morocco has suspended all flights to/from Australia, Austria, Belgium, Brazil, Czech Republic, Ireland, Germany, The Netherlands, New Zealand, Portugal, South Africa, Sweden, Switzerland, Turkey, Ukraine, and the United Kingdom.  All passengers traveling from or transiting those countries are currently not allowed to enter Morocco.   

A nationwide curfew between the hours of 9:00 pm and 6:00 am remains in place.  Those needing to bypass curfew hours should seek a signed exceptional movement permit from local authorities.  U.S. citizens should monitor social media and local press reports for more information.

As a reminder, the Department of State currently urges U.S. citizens to reconsider travel to Morocco due to COVID-19.  When travel internationally at this time, U.S. citizens should carefully consider the rapidly evolving global travel landscape and possible disruptions they may incur.

no  just negative PCR   test   but   maybe  all  countries will   require Vaccine  one day  !  unfortunately

thee  is  no  Pandamic  !  dont  be  fooled    by  the  media  !!! 
its a  plandemic !!!   
Say  no  to  vaccine!!

Whenever anybody travel to any country better to check before travel on government website because every time changing travel rules. I recently travelled in Delhi, i do not find any difficulty. For morocco www.onda.ma and for india any airport websites. Thanks

I decided to get the COVID-19 shot. I took the first one March 12 and the second one April 12th.  I believe better safe than sorry.  I experience a very sore arm at the spot of the injection.  On the third day my arm was fine.

I hope the second will be the same. My dad is 82 years old. He took the Covid-19 injections and is fine.  I believe the injections are coming too those that want to travel, or very expensive Covid-19 test at airports.  I want stress free travel.

Blackdolphin

Good

When I traveled to Morocco to be married in January 2021, I was not required to take any vaccinations nor were any recommended for me.

I am not an antivaxxer and I am up to date on all my vaccines, including the COVID-19 vaccine.

Hi  Everyone...How can I get vaccinated in Morocco as a NON resident?

I'm already in Morocco and need a vaccine to travel again however I went to the town hall ( prefecture)
many times who declined my request.

They told me I have to be a resident or a Moroccan to get the jab.

And I cant even pay for it either I was told!

I just emailed the British Embassy...for advice

Any suggestions would be welcomed! thanks in advance

Andrew.

northnode11 wrote:

Hi  Everyone...How can I get vaccinated in Morocco as a NON resident?

I'm already in Morocco and need a vaccine to travel again however I went to the town hall ( prefecture)
many times who declined my request.

They told me I have to be a resident or a Moroccan to get the jab.

And I cant even pay for it either I was told!

I just emailed the British Embassy...for advice

Any suggestions would be welcomed! thanks in advance

Andrew.

Hi thé vaccine program is only available for citizen and residence who have a residence card.

The vaccine program start in stages open to the elderly first right now it?s ages 40 year and above.

Due to shortage of vaccine they currently have not open to non residence and neither selling them as you can imagine.

You can however still travel as long as you have done a PCR test which can be conducted at laboratory that have been given licences. There are a few authorised labo that will conduct a pcr test and give the results to allow you to travel.

Depending on where you want to go most accept pcr test that have been conducted no later than 72 hours but please check with the end destination country you are trying to go to.

useful answer seems like I will take the PCR test for now then,,
some countries like Turkey seem to accept them without the vaccine for now..

Cheers !

Hi - very much interested in the same. Trying to find out myself. I'm also a non-resident, and an Australian. So I can't even go home to get a vaccine.

That depends on where you want to go. It's not even possible for me to go 'home' to get a jab. And some countries require certain jabs - I need a Chinese one.

sirjaq wrote:

That depends on where you want to go. It's not even possible for me to go 'home' to get a jab. And some countries require certain jabs - I need a Chinese one.

Hi. Once again all countries accept people and their citizens as long as they have a pcr test and queen time upon arrival. Each country has their rules and you might have to fly via multiple countries to get to the final destination if they have closed air routes.

And again, not all countries. Because Australia is one. Its borders are closed. There are hundreds of thousands of Australians - yes, citizens - who have been trying to get home since June last year, have had their flights cancelled 10 and even 20 times, because Australia has imposed very low caps (which it has just halved - you do the maths. 300,000 people trying to get back when 4000 a week are permitted, and half of those places go to non-citizens - and that was before the reduction coming next week). It might seem absurd - because it is - but not all countries accept even their citizens. I am a covid refugee, stuck outside my country, and given no rights anywhere, trying to survive, trying to find places it's possible to go, and possible to get work - because most places won't give me that permission because I'm not a resident. The UN says it's a right for all citizens to return to their country. But just because they say it, doesn't mean it happens. Each country has its rules, and its realities. Mine is that I can't go back to Australia (leaving also requires an exemption, of which a third are turned down in spite of being urgent matters). So, do you have any helpful information on how or where I might be able to get a vaccine. For many places a pcr isn't enough - they require a vaccine. And it isn't possible for me to go to my own country, because even citizens can't get back. Or leave.

sirjaq wrote:

And again, not all countries. Because Australia is one. Its borders are closed. There are hundreds of thousands of Australians - yes, citizens - who have been trying to get home since June last year, have had their flights cancelled 10 and even 20 times, because Australia has imposed very low caps (which it has just halved - you do the maths. 300,000 people trying to get back when 4000 a week are permitted, and half of those places go to non-citizens - and that was before the reduction coming next week). It might seem absurd - because it is - but not all countries accept even their citizens. I am a covid refugee, stuck outside my country, and given no rights anywhere, trying to survive, trying to find places it's possible to go, and possible to get work - because most places won't give me that permission because I'm not a resident. The UN says it's a right for all citizens to return to their country. But just because they say it, doesn't mean it happens. Each country has its rules, and its realities. Mine is that I can't go back to Australia (leaving also requires an exemption, of which a third are turned down in spite of being urgent matters). So, do you have any helpful information on how or where I might be able to get a vaccine. For many places a pcr isn't enough - they require a vaccine. And it isn't possible for me to go to my own country, because even citizens can't get back. Or leave.

I am truly sorry to hear this. Unfortunately in Morocco you will not be able to get a vaccine as they don't have enough for their own citizen at this stage. There will be a long waiting list and who knows how long.

However if your able to fly via UAE they do allow
Non citizen and tourist to take the vaccine which can be a way to get home.

I have a lot of friends who have flown to the uae Dubai just to have the vaccine before leaving again and made it in to a holiday. I do not no your finance situation but I can only give the advised based on experience of my friends and can confirm you can get both vaccine done in the uae.

Thank you. I'll look into it - though I last read that in Dubai you now have to be a resident... And the vaccine still won't get me home. Australia is simply not letting most people in - even citizens. Airfares are double and triple normal. You then have to pay $3000 for quarantine. So even if you can afford that, and to then pay out for new flights while still waiting for refunds on the cancelled ones, and can afford the quarantine, there is still only a dribble of people making it back. For most people, being an Australian citizen gives you no such "rights".