Iqama transfer from government university to private education company

I have worked at a government university for 10 years. My contract has finished now. I have got job offer from a private education company. Can I get iqama transfer from Government to private sector?
The university has allowed me.
But will maktaba e amal provide?

I have the same problem. I am working in a government hospital and I want to transfer to private hospital but I heard that it is not possible. As the abolishment of kafala system is only for private institutions only?

Have you gotten your answer? If you have please share it with me. 🙏

Better to get a final exit and come back on a new visa. This procedure and quick and easy. However; I heard from my university someone tried to transfer and it took more than 6 months for the whole procedure almost three years ago.

This is the problem cause if go exit, I wouldn't be able to go back since no visas for lab technicians for expats as they are now exclusive for saudis.

Alhamdullilah I got the tranfer in January.

I was given NOC in August and got transfered in January. Plz note my iqama was valid.

True

Oooh that is a long process.

Hi, I'm on the process of transferring from govt. to a private company right now. Can you share the experience and what took the transfer process to long? Regards,

I was given NOC in mid-August 2020, and I got my iqama transferred by the end of December 2020. I had received my new Iqama Card at the beginning of Feb 2021.
I have heard people prefer to go on exit and then come with a new visa.

Thanks. actually my NOC  was already issued. But it looks like my new employer is a bit confused about the process and they thought they can process it on-line. Also now that they introduce the QIWA system, the process becomes more complicated. My iqama will expire after 70 days and I'm afraid I'm running out of time.

Be mentally prepared to get iqama expired. I am with a company now, and my Iqama got expired during the last week of May. Till now, nothing is done.

I thought your new company have already issued a new iqama for you?

No. My iqama was transferred,  this saves company's expenses.

This is my husbands case, two months from now, his iqama will expire. He is from a government hospital and now we're processing his transfer to a private hospital. What happens if his iqama expires and we're not yet transferred to his new sponsor?

Have you got NOC from Government hospital?
If yes, and he has started working with the new ones, don't worry they will transfer as well as renew. However, if it expires and is not renew, he could be asked to go on exit and come on new visa. This is what happened with one of my colleagues.
New company said they can't transfer him with expired iqama as he was with the govt earlier. Govt university said that his job was finished,  and that they won't renew.

We're you able to transfer your iqama sir? To private?

Yes I was transferred successfully. It will not be easy, your sponsor must be knowledgeable enough about the procedure or ask help from office in front of maktab amal.

Sir what is maktab Amal..? 🥰

Labour office

can you share the process you did and the timeline until you completed the transfer

I asked my previous employer to provide NOC and they had to write a letter to Maktabae amal and mention my new employer there. The paper has to be sent by saudi post by the previous employer. They the story seems to be between new employer, maktabae amal and old employer. My new employer was very slow, so it took 4 months.
Since my Iqama was already renewed, I didn't have too many issues.
If you both employers are private companies then it will be done On Qiwa.

oww... how are you checking thee process when your paper reached the MOL by saudi post. do you have any idea if how many days it would take for the MOL to accept the transfer?

@ummeahmedmustafa

Ya Ukhti, Apart from sharing documents from both company to MOL and Jawazat, Did you they take thumb impression on some documents ?
@Ed Ferr
Dear
I am government employee, my case is under process since 6 month, maktab alamal not accepting, can you give me address  of that office who's helping (office in front of maktab amal).

regards
I have the same problem transfer from government to private sector. my case is makteb aml and still did not approve

@imran khokhar did you get your transfer done bro ?

I am having a problem in transfer from government to private. Makatab al amal is asking that position i am getting transferred for in private company should be saudi guy and are not approving transfer. Though the private company is really strong and is green zone.

the private company is currently filing my resume and certificates. Not sure how it will end though and what is the solution?

has someone faced this problem? A guidance would be appreciated.

This is so hard as my contract from government hospital will end this December, and my iqama's validity is only until 15th of February. I don't think it will be enough time for transferring cause it depends on Maktab al amal.

Gosh I hope everyone gets transferred easily from government to private. I just really don't get as to why they are making it really hard for us even if there's already aprovals from our previous and new employer. 😢

@drshazia81 how long have you been waiting?

And your new employer only asked for NOC? Nothing else?

@interstudies2000 how long will it take ,to go back on final exit and come again on new work permit visa ? Do you have any idea

I am facing the same problem govt to private transfer, my previous hospital submitted NOC to maktabl amal  last Oct until now no update. i have no idea how long will i still take to wait since in no longer allowed to stay in our accomodation but i have no choice.