S Pass rejected and I'm worried

Hi,

Can i go directly to MOM on the last day of my STVP even if I was applied extension online but the result is not yet out that day?

Is there anyone here extended their STVP thru third party or an employment agent?

Kindly advise on what to do.
It will be highly appreciated.

Thank you very much

pearl_0408 wrote:

Can i go directly to MOM on the last day of my STVP even if I was applied extension online but the result is not yet out that day?

You should go at least a week before expiry - or at least long enough to book a flight and leave the country in case you can't get an extension!

Hi Beppi,

Will they will not consider to extend if i have a pending application to MOM which was appealed last week?

Thanks

Normally, an STVP issued by MoM after cancellation of a work pass cannot be extended at all, under any circumstances.
MoM has deviated from this during the Corona crisis, when there were no flights available and the expiring visa holders were thus unable to leave the country. Now, with air traffic returning to (almost) normal, you can expect MoM to be more restrictive - especially if scheduled flights to your country have resumed.

That is my rejection reason. How did your employer reappeal? Thanks.

Im here in SG.
The reason my pass application got rejected because of invalid or incomplete supporting documents. the missing document is the letter from the COO of my company stating the reason why they need to hire me and other documents ( job scope, etc..)

Mine's rejected with no reason at all.

expat882 wrote:

Im here in SG.
The reason my pass application got rejected because of invalid or incomplete supporting documents. the missing document is the letter from the COO of my company stating the reason why they need to hire me and other documents ( job scope, etc..)

Hi expat882 aside from the supporting documents with regards to the salary, is it higher or same compare to your recent company?

Hi All,

Here's an update on my journey:

03 Sep = SP applied
11 Sep = SP rejected
11 Sep = SP appealed
11 Sep = went to MOM personally to ask about      extension (1week before my STVP expires) hence officer told me to return back on the last day of my STVP
18 Sep = last day of STVP; went to MOM at 7am, long que about 200 people requesting for stvp extension, almost all have their last day. After 3-4 hours of waiting, luckily i was granted a 2 weeks extension.
19 Sep = Finally my SP application got approved

To all who have same journey with me, never loose hope, i know all the struggles we faced but we can never tell what will happen next. Just do your best and keep on praying 🙏

Goodluck.

Hi Pearl_0408,

Did they give the reason on the rejection? Thanks

:)

pearl_0408 wrote:

Hi All,

Here's an update on my journey:

03 Sep = SP applied
11 Sep = SP rejected
11 Sep = SP appealed
11 Sep = went to MOM personally to ask about      extension (1week before my STVP expires) hence officer told me to return back on the last day of my STVP
18 Sep = last day of STVP; went to MOM at 7am, long que about 200 people requesting for stvp extension, almost all have their last day. After 3-4 hours of waiting, luckily i was granted a 2 weeks extension.
19 Sep = Finally my SP application got approved

To all who have same journey with me, never loose hope, i know all the struggles we faced but we can never tell what will happen next. Just do your best and keep on praying 🙏

Goodluck.

Hi Pearl some questions below

11 Sep = SP rejected
whats the reason for rejection?

11 Sep = SP appealed
are there any changes (documents, salary) in the appeal? did you include your STVP letter in the appeal?

18 Sep
where is the MOM office? and what documents did you bring for the STVP extension?

Are you also in IT industry? Software Development?

Thanks,

Update on my status

11 applied
18 rejected (advise to appeal if applicant is in singapore)
18 appeal
25 approved

Good luck to all 👌

Kaizer1003 wrote:

Update on my status

11 applied
18 appeal
25 approved

Good luck to all 👌

Congratulations! Are you in Singapore?

Kaizer1003 wrote:

Update on my status

11 applied
18 appeal
25 approved

Good luck to all 👌

Congrats Kaizer, may I know if you provide your STVP during your appeal?

Thanks kubernetes. Nope i did not provide the stvp letter, only a short note on the appeal submission. Yes im in singapore

HR only noted on the appeal that the applicant is currently in singapore no changes on the application no additional info. Just a note on the appeal

Thanks lady otacon, yes im in singapore my stvp is due on oct 1. Good thing i got the approval one week before the expiry. 😬

Hi Everyone,

Hi!

I studied here in Singapore and finished  Diploma and Advanced Diploma (Complete Certificate and Transcript) however I just finished my Bachelors Degree and I still have 3 modules pending results, will that be an issue in my approval? Quota and Salary is not an issue as I am hired from a big company. My nationality is Filipino. I did check SAT and I am qualified for SPass even with just my advanced diploma qualification. My student pass was cancelled last sept 23 and will be expiring by the end of October. I am really worried what are the chances that my pass is getting approved. I am in IT sector.

Thank you.

Chir7: Ifyou do not have your degree yet, you will be assessed without one. If the SAT says you qualify even without it, then this should not be a problem.

I am very worried it's exactly two weeks and still pending but Thank you Beppi for your reply.

The average processing time is over a month - no need to start worrying before six weeks are over!

Hi Beppi and everyone.

I just got an approval today.

Timeline:
Applied: 24/09/2020
Approved: 07/10/2020

This forum has been very helpful.

Good luck to all who are waiting.

Wishing you all the best.

Hi, my spass has rejected on (22-09-2020)
Reason (you application is not successful. If your candidate currently in Singapore you May wish to appeal our consideration.)
Applied: 12-09-2020
Rejected: 22-09-2020
Appeal: 22-09-2020
So far I have not received any information.  Is there any chance to approve my application. Day by day I am waiting for approval . My stvp will expire on next week. I have already done extension one time.

You may not get further extension on visiting pass but try for it. On appealing part, your employer can appeal as you are currently in Singapore.

They should project your candidacy as required to the company because of your skills and experience which is unique. They also show the rationale that they had tried locally but failed to get a required skilled candidate for this job. Good luck

So far My appeal is still pending. But I have another company offer. Can they apply for me a new application?

If the new company likes you,  they will apply it for you. You don't need to go home when your new job application  approves. For my experience, my unexpected prolonged appeal was successful after my new job's pass approved. I was so sad and awkward to tell my old boss to resign. So you must think about it and decide carefully when you encounter this kind of situation.

Livingstan: You can only have ONE ongoing work pass application at any one time. Thus the new company cannot apply while the old company's appeal is still outstanding.

I got approval today. (12-10-2020). Hope everyone will get soon good news.

leekang86 wrote:

Hi,

Sharing my s pass application. Currently i'm in malaysia but i sign the offer letter with the company but my s application still  keep rejected.

My S pass keep rejected :
1st - july
2nd -aug
3rd - sep

I have asking to my hr have any reason, why my application keep reject by MoM.
The reason is : Your application is not successful. If your candidate in singapore, you may wish to submit an appeal for our consideration.Otherwise, you may wish to apply again when the additional safe distancing measures are lifted.

Anyone have same issue with me ?

Is there any update on your application?

Congratulations!  did your employer increase your salary in the appeal ?

Hi, I read your post and I am in similar situation. I wanna ask did MOM approved your S pass after that??

Thanks in advance

Hi! May I know on how did you extend your stvp? I have a visit pass valid until 31st December, 2020. I have an upcoming spass application to be submitted on 17th December, 2020 by a new employer. I'm worrying about the validity of my visit pass while waiting for the result of my application.  How can I request for an extension of my pass, what will be the correct reason for extension and who is going to apply, my old employer or new employer? Thank you for the response

Hi! What is your reason for extending your stvp? Thank you!

Adamchace: The 30-days STVP given after cancellation of a work pass cannot normally be extended.
Due to the pandemic situation, the authorities gave exceptional extensions in cases where a return to the STVP-holder's home country was not possible (e.g. because there were no flights available). This is not the case any more for most countries.
If it is in your case, you can ask your ex-employer to apply for it at MoM - or you go there yourself a few days before STVP expiry (but do have a Plan B to leave Singapore on short notice if this fails!).

Hi Everyone

Hope you are well! Is there someone here recently went to MOM to request for the extension of STVP?

What are the documents need to bring or they ask usually?

Thank you

Hi everyone!
I am too, recently rejected for my S Pass, now waiting for the appeal outcome,
I studied in Singapore for 3 years before (Diploma) and have Tuition Grant bond with MOE (latest by April 2021 need to secure a job in Singapore)
I'm currently not in Singapore (residing in Indonesia) and not on STVP,
anyone has been in the same situation as me? 
I am so worried :(

Gsense wrote:
beppi wrote:

There is no three weeks rule - it takes as long as it takes, between a few days and several months.

My S Pass just got approved! Here's the timeline for reference:

Application: July 1, 2020
Rejection: July 16, 2020
Appeal: July 17, 2020
Approval: August 3, 2020

HR didn't ask for any additional docs and appealed for me. :)

Hi, greetings,
just wondering, in the process of applying and appealing for your S Pass, were you in Singapore?

Hi guys,

I have come across this post while I am feeling so down these days. I just wanted to share my story.

I am working in the IT sector, and I have been doing it for almost two years. Recently, I got a good offer from a Big 4 accountant firm as a developer role. I thought everything is going to be alright since they also have S Pass quota. However, the thing went wrong quickly after the first rejection.

1st Application: 24 November 2020
Rejected: 03 December 2020
Appeal: 03 December 2020
Appeal Rejected: 23 December 2020

The thing is I have been in Singapore for more than 10 years already since secondary school. I am quite shocked the pass has been rejected twice by MOM. Look, I still have MOE Tuition Grant Bond to serve, and MOM can casually reject my pass like that. I am not sure what HR has been doing because she does not bother to help me. For the first rejection, I asked her what could be improved and are there any documents needed to have a higher chance for an appeal to be successful, but she just responded that MOM does not require anything at the moment. I felt the HR had made a huge mistake because by just submitting an appeal again without any changes or strong reasons, MOM would not make a different decision.

I am trying to contact HR, but unfortunately, she took leaves since 24 Dec till 04 Jan 2021. This is a sad case for me as my visit pass will be expired by 02 Jan 2021. I have also reached out to MOM and MOE. However, it is quite fruitless. The only reason MOM gave was "The candidate is not suitable". I swear I feel quite mad after reading that because the job scope is related to my degree course and my past working experiences. By the way, I come from Cambodia.

Did u check the EP/SP Assessment tool ? Does it show eligible for SPass?