S Pass rejected and I'm worried

avinashjha wrote:

Did u check the EP/SP Assessment tool ? Does it show eligible for SPass?

Yes, I did. I am fully eligible for S Pass as the minimum salary has already hit.

Minimum salary mark is just one of the criterias. It depends on your salary according to your work experience and education background as per job for which SP has been applied for. In any case - only the Employer can help you to get exact rejection reason from MOM.

avinashjha wrote:

Minimum salary mark is just one of the criterias. It depends on your salary according to your work experience and education background as per job for which SP has been applied for. In any case - only the Employer can help you to get exact rejection reason from MOM.

Understood. S Pass qualified is one thing ,but I feel there are much more to that rejection. I can't get in contact with my company as they have closed till 4 Jan 2021.

Boybaby: I am sorry for your situation.
The positive aspect if this is, however, that your bond is now void (since the authorities obviously don't let you fulfill it) and you are free to look for a job elsewhere.

beppi wrote:

Boybaby: I am sorry for your situation.
The positive aspect if this is, however, that your bond is now void (since the authorities obviously don't let you fulfill it) and you are free to look for a job elsewhere.

Thanks, man. Will they cancel my bond? I would be very happy if they do so.

boybabyrage wrote:

Will they cancel my bond? I would be very happy if they do so.

See my reply in the other thread. (It is not a good idea to start multiple discussions about the same topic!)

There is one more thing I would like to ask for advice here. Before this, I actually got two offers on hand, but I decided to go with a big company because I thought there is a higher chance to get the pass. Unfortunately, this is not the case, and my s pass just got rejected twice with no reason.

If this same situation happens again, should I accept both offers in the future and start when one of the passes is approved?

boybabyrage wrote:

should I accept both offers in the future and start when one of the passes is approved?

This won't work, because you can have only one ongoing pass application at any one time (and a valid work contract with the associated employer).

You are right , finally my employer tell me
The application is invalid , apparently Missed submitting the documents as requested  by MOM : first on its side it was showing pending and later changed to invalid after 5 weeks

Now new application after submitting all documents , god knows how long it take

This forum has been very helpful, special thanks to surya2k and beppi for their informative posts and replies. In case this helps another member, following is my timeline:
EP/SP application: 27/10/2020
Rejection: 6-9th November, 2020
Appeal: 23/11/2020
Approval: 07/01/2021

ppr12 wrote:

This forum has been very helpful, special thanks to surya2k and beppi for their informative posts and replies. In case this helps another member, following is my timeline:

Congratulations! Were you in or outside SG when you got your approval?

sancharidan wrote:
ppr12 wrote:

Congratulations! Were you in or outside SG when you got your approval?

Hi sancharidan, thank you. I am in SG.

Hello everyone. I was on E Pass for 2 years, now its changed to S Pass due to increase in basic salary requirements. However, my S Pass application got rejected.
The reason MOM gave was, due to Personal Reasons. Any idea what this means? My employer, director wrote an appeal to MOM and its submitted today, informing them that they need me as I support Arabic speaking market and its very difficult to get an Arabic speaking and someone with understanding of Middle East financial situation.
What does rejected due to Personal Reasons could mean? Offcourse I have no issue with police, banks or any crime. I am law abiding citizen, who stayed my 2 years of Sg employment working from home.
Regards

Sorry it was actually written in the rejection letter that its "due to personal reason"?

PeterChegg: I think your rejection could be due to the change from EP to S-Pass. You may be too highly educated and/or experienced for the latter.
Ask your employer to raise your pay in line with Singapore market standards - if they really need you as much as you claim, they will surely oblige!

Yes, I trust my HR lady (the one who is handling my case). I asked her what's the the exact reason stated by MOM on 2 df occasions and she said, it only says, rejected due to Personal Reason. She even called the MOM officer, he said, we can't disclose any further.

She asked me whether I have any issue with the government? Like maybe a police report, summon or something of that sort. I have no such thing on me. Only my tax wasn't fully paid, as it was on GIRO, but anyway, I cleared it fully last week, once it was updated in IRAS system. My HR lady appealed along with company's director justification.

I am very hopeful guys! Let's see.. Prayers..

Well, if it is actually due to personal reasons - and you cannot figure it out (e.g. by contacting the relevant authorities) AND change them - then it is time to make plans for moving elsewhere.

Hello,

My S pass got rejected on 25 August after 5 days of submission because my employer forgot to submit my degree cert and only put in my diploma certificate.

And the employer try to appeal the application on 3 September. Still now 21 September, my pass is pending. I am worried to get rejected again. How long does it take to approve the appeal status? Should I try to go MOM to get some information? Please advice me if you have same situation.

@lunamnt The application process currently takes 6 - 8 weeks in most cases (but special circumstances can deviate from this).

Your approval chances cannot be told from the very limited information you gave. You are welcome to read the many related discussions on this forum to learn which factors can influence yours.

Hello dear Friends.

My best gratitude for your informative forum.

I am Mostafa, from Iran. I am 31 years old and have applied for Spass from one of the universities in Singapore.

I have graduated with a masters degree of a well-known university n Iran.

The job which I have applied for is a scientific researcher. MOM recently rejected my application but I know nothing about the reason.

Would you guys help me in recognizing the reason?

And also let me know how much there is chance for my appeal letter to get approved?

Thanks to all in advance.

@mostafa shahrezaee please share the timeline, when was it submitted, and rejected

@mostafa shahrezaee There are many potential rejection reasons - and without exact details of your case, we cannot even guess what could apply in your case. Please read related forum discussions to get an idea!

An appeal only has a chance if it contains additional information that removes the rejection reason - just asking MoM to look at it again will not work.

@ncob dear friend, the timeline is something like below

Submission date: 7  September, 2022

Rejection Date: 28 September, 2022

Submisson appeal letter: 5 October, 2022.

@beppi Dear Friend, on MOM's website they mention unacredited universities will lead to rejection, while either my bachelors or my masters universities are known in the SAT.

Another thing is about the minimum salary. The salary which my employer is offering me is more than 4500 SGD. So, there is no problem with minimum amount of salary as well.

What could it originate from, dear Beppi?

@mostafa shahrezaee There are many possible rejection reasons. Most of them were discussed in detail on this forum - so please read related forum posts!

Hello . . 

I have concern...

Last March 2017 I've got a chance to work in Singapore they use the performing artiste pass which is under "WORK PERMIT". . .

And now this January 2023 I've had an opportunity to apply as an Spass Holder but different company. . .

And Got rejected twice. .

Is there still any chance that I could be "APPROVED FOR SPASS" ?

Can anyone help me ??🙏🙏🙏

@Donna Gee Gaa Dependig on the rejection reason for your S-Pass, you may or may not be able to get an S-Pass for another job.

You should thus first find out why it was rejected. Also, you can read the many discussions on this forum about possible rejection reasons and try to figure out what might apply in your case.

Base on "Her" previous employment record, the candidate is not eligible for an spass. Please look for another candidate. Sorry!

@Donna Gee Gaa So far, I did not encounter this exact same rejection wording. But if this is really the notice the employer got, you will not receive any work pass. Sorry!