Company asked me to get Health insurance

Hi all,

i recently got hired by a company, and the initial 3 months of me working for them will be training based in Dubai. The company has asked me to get International Health Insurance.

1. I am having a hard time finding information about the health insurance for Dubai work permit, could anyone link me or direct me please, or give me some info please?

2. Generally speaking, am I the one supposed to get it alone or is the company actually supposed to do it?

3. I am actually uncertain if International Health Insurance and Travel Insurance are different?

They mentioned 90 day Visit Visa in the e-mail, Im not sure if this helps?

Thank you very much for any kind of information

Hi,

For what am gathering you will be coming into Dubai not as an employee to the company, but rather a visitor. It could also be they are just inviting you on a business visa for the 3 months training and so need you to secure your own health insurance as they will not be doing that for you.

Companies are obliged to get your insurance once they employ you. Matter of fact they will need to show insurance for you before the government approves for your visa stumping.

So my wild guess is they just want you to secure the insurance for yourself, you know as this pandemic is still wild. There is a lot of international insurance you could find on google, however, you did need to find which one covers well for you and your budget.

Cheers

Thanks so much for your elaborate answer, I appreciate it. Turns out the company went ahead and got it for me the following day.

Another question, how long should it take for either of the visas you mentioned to be issued? The company told me they applied about 10 days ago.

Also just to clarify, I was hired by the company for an office in a different country but the training will take place in Dubai.

Thanks so much for your help

1) If it is a visit visa, then it can literally be issued on the same day.  Maybe post Covid it will take time.   A work visa can take anywhere from a week to three weeks depending on many factors
2) International travel insurance only covers you for emergencies e.g. accidents and you can get it on a visit visa.  This, however, does NOT cover normal medical support e.g. you can't go to a doctor for a cold or a flu, which is standard OPD.  For this, you would need international health insurance which you can't get in the UAE without a work/residence visa.  Unless your company gives you that health insurance from the country you are going to be based in (after visa there is issued) and that has geographical coverage for the UAE as well

Thanks so much for your replies!

The visa got approved today!!

Thanks so much for your help and the information

Hi brother, I would like to suggest one. I faced the same matter once after moving to Dubai for my new job. Then one of my friends suggested a health insurance company in Dubai named Oman Insurance Company. You will get health insurance for affordable prices and schemes. We can trust OIC. They are one of the best health insurance companies in the UAE

Working on a visit visa is a illegal affair in the UAE, so never work on visit or tourist visa and if caught serious consequences. Since you are on visit visa you can't get health insurance from the UAE

I smell rat in this. If the company is sending you a visit visa, it is illegal to work under it. Besides, if they are forcing you to take an insurance, that is against the law. (It's purely personal and none of the companies are allowed to force for it). If you accept this offer and start working for them, you have no right to ask for any sort of remuneration from them even if they are not paying you for your service. The companies can issue mission visa for temporary requirements and it's valid for 6 months. You are allowed to work under mission visa but In  your case, it's not a mission visa but it's a tourist visa. I suggest you to stay away from that offer.