DP application in circuit breaker

I understand that MOM is not approving DP applications during CB. I have my EP and am currently outside Singapore. I want to return with family, my job is considered essential services so the company lawyer is saying I should be able to return. Has anyone had success with DP in CB period if EP was essential services?

If your work comes under essential services then you will be allowed but obtain letter from ICA before you travel.

On DP, let your employer applies DP of your family, if it's get approved then they can come.

Without their DP approval, they should avoid travel cause you never know immigration officer may deny their entry to SG.

Hi,

I am not in essential services and my wife and son's DP was approved this month by MOM. It was approved after verifying they are already in Singapore for my case. It was new applications and not renewals.

Thank you. In my case they are not in Singapore. Hence wondering if I should apply now or wait for June 1.

If you apply now it will be rejected as most pass applications will be also. If you are in Singapore you can appeal to verify location.

In the case of essential services, this i cannot answer you. Should go with what your HR advises as they should have the best info with MOM.

HR informed me that MOM has extended circuit breaker and has strongly urged companies not to apply EP/DP for folks not already in Singapore till “safe distancing” measures are in place.
Has anyone heard this? My job falls under essential services and I need to be in Singapore for regulatory reasons, I do not want to return to Singapore leaving behind my minor kids in an uncertain environment. Don't know how to proceed.

Nyc_bom wrote:

I understand that MOM is not approving DP applications during CB. I have my EP and am currently outside Singapore.

1) How about those who fall within essential services  and are outside Singapore ..
would they be eligible to apply for the EP during the CB period? (new/first time applicant)

2) what happens if some1 enters Singapore during this current breaker period with a business Visa (3months stay) and whiles there gets employed in an essential service during this CB period ..
Would the person be eligible for an EP?

3 ) out of question 2 , what if it's not a case of current breaker.
Would a person who enters SG with a business visa be allowed to seek employment (essential service) ? and intern be granted an EP during the 3 months stay ??

surya2k wrote:

If your work comes under essential services then you will be allowed but obtain letter from ICA before you travel.

Surya please help here ..
1) How about those who fall within essential services  and are outside Singapore ..
would they be eligible to apply for the EP during the CB period? (new/first time applicant)

2) what happens if some1 enters Singapore during this current breaker period with a business Visa (3months stay) and whiles there gets employed in an essential service during this CB period ..
Would the person be eligible for an EP?

3 ) out of question 2 , what if it's not a case of current breaker.
Would a person who enters SG with a business visa be allowed to seek employment (essential service) ? and intern be granted an EP during the 3 months stay ??

Brethren 💕

1. An entry permit is granted (or not) on a case by case basis by ICA.
2. + 3. Entering Singapore was almost impossible during the CB, so this could not happen. Furthermore, business visa are only valid for a month (not enough time to find a job AND get an EP) and extensions are rare.

Oh! It's 1 month instead!- I got it wrong
Thanks for your feed back

Brethren   💕

Nyc_bom wrote:

HR informed me that MOM has extended circuit breaker and has strongly urged companies not to apply EP/DP for folks not already in Singapore till “safe distancing” measures are in place.
Has anyone heard this? My job falls under essential services and I need to be in Singapore for regulatory reasons, I do not want to return to Singapore leaving behind my minor kids in an uncertain environment. Don't know how to proceed.

Hi. Have you got the DP for your family? May i know the approval timeline? Because mine is just submitted today and I am wondering whether it will be approved or not and how long it will take

Have your dp got approved.
How long it took and your family in Singapore or outside Singapore

I got my DP approved
It took 12 days. Currently outside Singapore