EP status pending from one month

Hi all,
Working on EP from last 3 years and in Singapore , EP applied for new job by employer on 22nd June ,status is still pending. MoM haven't asked for any documentation etc yet. Could you please advise what can be the reason?

Changed the job in Oct-2020 that time got EP in 3 days not sure what's reason now. New company is  MNC financial institutions.

Cheers
RC

DC123 wrote:

Hi all,
Working on EP from last 3 years and in Singapore , EP applied for new job by employer on 22nd June ,status is still pending. MoM haven't asked for any documentation etc yet. Could you please advise what can be the reason?

Changed the job in Oct-2020 that time got EP in 3 days not sure what's reason now. New company is  MNC financial institutions.

Cheers
RC

Mine also same pending since 25th June - MNC Bank , no documents yet asked by MoM.

Mine is pending since 6th June.. Submitted additional documents on 30th june

I know at least 4-5 pax different small companies in IT EP got approved in 1-3 weeks in last 15-20 days.

Not sure why stuck for us.. MNC banks talking about top tier financial institutions of the world..

DC123 wrote:

I know at least 4-5 pax different small companies in IT EP got approved in 1-3 weeks in last 15-20 days.

Not sure why stuck for us.. MNC banks talking about top tier financial institutions of the world..

Is it possible for the agency which submitted the ep application to do a followup with MoM , regarding the reason for hold up. My agency guys are bit reluctant to reach out to MoM .

Foamy_Skill wrote:

Hi All,

I think EP processing time get extended based on lot of factors, and one of that also is the prospective employer's credentials(tendency to hire foreigner vs local, local and foreigner ratio etc) to MOM.

<b>I was told, for one of the top global bank in Singapore, the typical EP processing time is around 3 months recnetly and in some cases is more than that based on observations. </b>

Even though I have been working here on EP for last 5 years and changed EP two times with maximum 3 weeks processing time, My EP is pending now more than 8 weeks and MOM has not asked for any additional documentation. its just "Pending".

So it's just another trick to discourage them to hire foreigners by extending the processing time.

I did not resign, only shared to my current manager that I have accepted an offer and my EP is pending. But  had I known this earlier, I wouldn't have shared this to my current manager this earlier as well.

Got this message in one of the thread , don't know we are among the unlucky ones :(

EP application processing times are currently around 8 weeks, as advised by MoM.
If yours exceeds that, your employer can contact MoM to ask what is holding it up, or if anything could be done to speed it up.

Ok , is there anything we can do until 8th week or just wait and see could you please advise?

Mine applied last June 14 and still pending as well. In my 6 weeks of waiting. What we can do is to wait and pray.🙏 Will update here if have any updates.

Got my feedback from my agent:

"basis inputs received It seems processing of EP is taking longer than normal time now a days. Hence it seems to be a standard scenario. We appreciate your patience & will wait for approval to happen."

Ok thanks

Patience is a virtue (not an easy one, though).

True no other option.

Problem are past experiences in last 2-3 years for me two times got EP in less then 1 weeks so mindset was will definitely get some outcome in 2-3 weeks but now it's already in 5th week trying to accept the fact and waiting.

Any luck , any one who applied in June got EP approved? For me still pending.

For me, still pending as of today. July 26, 2021 ongoing 7th week of waiting.

The HR said she followed up to MOM last week, hopefully have favourable result this week.

Still pending as of today. 7th Week

Application date : 9th June

Hi Vishwa, did your HR contact MOM for follow up?
Do they asked any supporting documents?

Mine, they apply it last June 14. My HR follow up to them last week regarding the status, they dont asked any supporting documents. As of today still pending.

Hi Leanne,

My HR submitted additional documents (Resume and Justification for hiring notes) on 30th June. No response from MOM since then. I haven't checked with my HR either. Plan to check end of this week or early next week.

New company : It's local company. Started as subsidiary of one of Govt board. So hoping for  ve outcome

Hi Vishwa, hoping for the positive news for our pass application. 🙏 I will update here once I have news on my end.

Hi Leanne,

Yes. Lets hope for positive news. I will update as well here once I have news on my end.

Hi,

My ep appeal was submitted on 16th June and still pending.6 th week also completed.Mom had informed agency that they need information from agency side last week.

Mom requested the following documents
•    Briefly describe the nature of the company's business activities and clarify how the business is able to generate sufficient turnover to pay the declared salary and sustain business operations for the next 12 months.
•    Company's latest corporate bank statement reflecting its corporate bank balance.
•    Company's latest financial statement
•    Company's latest Notice of Assessment from IRAS.
•    Any other relevant supporting documents e.g. signed business contracts showing the contract values and timeline.

I resigned from my previous company for where I stayed for almost 2 years and a half with an S Pass. My pass was renewed with them until 2024 but I decided to look for another opportunity. I got an offer after 2 weeks from one of the companies I applied to. Then an EP application was submitted on July 13 by my recruitment agency. My last day in the company was July 23. The EP application got rejected sometime on July 23 or 24. My recruitment agency submitted additional documents and an appeal was done yesterday July 27. They asked me to submit to them my old IPAs. I think rejection is normal for additional scrutiny and justification.

Still pending as of today. 5th Week

Application date : 17th June

Any luck anyone? For me still pending.

Any luck for anyone ? as per the agency they put in a request to MoM , to expedite the application, but still no update.

EP query - what's your EP submission date?

It was submitted on 25th June.

epquery: mine is submitted last June 14th, on going 7th week now, my HR also followed up with them last week. Still in the midst of waiting. No supporting documents asked by MOM.

raprap wrote:

I resigned from my previous company for where I stayed for almost 2 years and a half with an S Pass. My pass was renewed with them until 2024 but I decided to look for another opportunity. I got an offer after 2 weeks from one of the companies I applied to. Then an EP application was submitted on July 13 by my recruitment agency. My last day in the company was July 23. The EP application got rejected sometime on July 23 or 24. My recruitment agency submitted additional documents and an appeal was done yesterday July 27. They asked me to submit to them my old IPAs. I think rejection is normal for additional scrutiny and justification.

Do you know what was missing in the previous application that was rejected? IPA's being asked by MoM is new to me, hence the ask. MoM has all this info as they are the ones who issue it :)

Shekhz wrote:
raprap wrote:

Do you know what was missing in the previous application that was rejected? IPA's being asked by MoM is new to me, hence the ask. MoM has all this info as they are the ones who issue it :)

Hi Shekhz,

My first acquired pass role/title is different from the existing renewed/acquired pass role/title in the same company. i.e Customer Success Associate to Software Engineer. The reason It was changed is due to restructuring hence dissolving the team.

But you got a logical point.
All I can do is follow what the recruitment team is asking me aside from waiting.

BTW, Thank you for your constant replies It really help a lot and eases anxieties. :)

It shouldn't be complicated, the employer needs to justify that you have changed roles and possess relevant skills for the same- also it is owing to a restructuring.

My only concern is, a software engineer would certainly need some tech skills, know how on programming languages, whilst a customer support individual necessarily wouldn't- that may have been the reason?

Shekhz wrote:

It shouldn't be complicated, the employer needs to justify that you have changed roles and possess relevant skills for the same- also it is owing to a restructuring.

My only concern is, a software engineer would certainly need some tech skills, know-how in programming languages, whilst a customer support individual necessarily wouldn't- that may have been the reason?

It's not Customer Support.. It's Customer Success. Even I was confused about the title vs the responsibilities at first when I got hired. Because I searched the responsibilities of Customer Success people on the internet. In our company's case, the responsibilities are entirely different... a combination of both a Solutions Architect and a Business Analyst. My role was as a Solutions Architect before joining this company BTW.

raprap wrote:
Shekhz wrote:

My only concern is, a software engineer would certainly need some tech skills, know-how in programming languages, whilst a customer support individual necessarily wouldn't- that may have been the reason?

It's not Customer Support.. It's Customer Success. Even I was confused about the title vs the responsibilities at first when I got hired. Because I searched the responsibilities of Customer Success people on the internet. In our company's case, the responsibilities are entirely different... a combination of both a Solutions Architect and a Business Analyst. My role was as a Solutions Architect before joining this company BTW.

My apologies, yup familiar with Customer Success roles. Should be ok because as a customer success professional you are bound to be an expert with the co's solutions and possess relevant internal certs etc to be able to guide customers, help adopt the solution. A little justification to explain the professional certs would help, even if it's explicitly called out on your resume :)

One of my friend got EP in 10 days joining some MNC bank , not sure why status for us is pending from 6-7 weeks I guess  they should approve or reject within the timelines.

Any inputs , for me I see out of 10 people 9 got EP in 2-3 weeks and it's stuck for me and no communication from MOM?

DC123 wrote:

One of my friend got EP in 10 days joining some MNC bank , not sure why status for us is pending from 6-7 weeks I guess  they should approve or reject within the timelines.

Any inputs , for me I see out of 10 people 9 got EP in 2-3 weeks and it's stuck for me and no communication from MOM?

Yea it does feel unfair. But nothing we can do about it. Each application's processing times varies based on lot of factors. Some of them are not in our control. My EP got approved after 105 days. Stay positive. Good luck.

DC123 wrote:

Hey did you get the EP?

Not yet

No updates either?

No updates...

@DC123 Did you get your EP ? If yes,  on which date ?