LTVP rejected for no reasons / jan 23

10 years in sg

EP then PR since 2020

whole family PR: me, wife, boy toddler

second baby boy on the way (due date feb 2023)

high income earner for me and my wife (combined ~400 K) / always paid our taxes / zero legal issues here whatsoever / property (condo) owners...

my parents were on LTVP pre covid, when I was on EP, sponsored by my employer (still w/ same employer since came to SG)...

now post covid I sponsor the application naturally as i am a PR... but got rejected w/ no reason provided...

back in 2021 I also had my application for domestic helper rejected...

so here we are, soon with 2 young kids, no support system whatsover... and gov agencies reject our applications for LTVP for my parents / or for a maid... why in your opinoon ? totally in the dark / puzzled / confused and concerned on how we are to be able to stay any longer in singapore this way

I assume your parents were with you on a DP (issued by MoM) previously.

Now you are applying for an LTVP, issued by ICA.

That is the main difference I see: They may have different (unpublished) criteria.

I would try to contact the processing officer to find out why it was rejected.

But one thing to add: Many parents worldwide (including me) manage to have two kids with no maid or grandparents around. Your claim to have "no support system whatsover" and being unable "to stay any longer in singapore this way" is baseless and will not change ICA's perception. (If need be, you could for example employ a local, part-time helper!)

I'm India foreigner my pre married long term was unsuccessful...now i married to Singaporean I applied for ltvp...I'm worry about that ltvp may be unsuccessful 😭

@amulbabyamul9113 Good luck!

I am in a similar situation. I am SPR applying for LTVP for my mother. I have no maid and my mother is taking care of my 2 kids when both my husband (SC) and I (SPR) are working.

Does ICA expects me to employ a maid instead of having my mother over to help take care of my kids?

I have heard some people got rejected even with a maid.

Any insights?

@CL2023 I do not think ICA "expects you to employ a maid", or even that having a maid or not plays a role in an LTVP application. It is a private decision you take, not more or less.

The main criteria for getting an LTVP for parents is salary: Foreigners need to earn 12000S$/month to bring their parents (on DP). Fo citizens (and also to a certain degree for PRs), the requirements are more flexible and there is no published minimum, but I expect it to be not much lower (unless special circumstances require an exemption). How much do you earn?

And, although this is also nothing ICA takes into consideration: Isn't treating your elderly mother like a maid somewhat demeaning?

@beppi i am not concerned about salary requirements. and if you see my earlier question, i am applying for my mother to be here to spend time with the kids and take care of the kids. I do not need a maid to do housework, etc. That's precisely why i do not have a maid but my mother whom i can entrust my kids with when both my husband and i are working. (not sure why anyone would think we are treating mother as maid). FYI, My mother does not do housework at home, i do.

The reason why i asked this question was because ICA specifically asked me to provide additional information and specifically asked if i have a maid to take care of kids. That led me to ponder ICA decision considerations. If a maid is totally un-related to my mother LTVP application, what is the purpose of the question? Are they expecting us to entrust our kids to a maid rather than our own mother, hence reason to reject our application?

Or if we do not have a maid, is this a convincing reason to approve LTVP application?

Confused.

Hmm, you claim not to treat your mother as a maid, but in the previous sentence you said that she will replace a potential maid. I think we stop the discussion here, as this is your private decision.

But since ICA did ask about you having a maid, it must have an influence (and my comment on it not playing a ole was probably wrong, sorry!). The question now is: Do they prefer to have an additional domestic worker in Singapore (who earns and contributes to the economy), or a non-working relative (who consumes resources without financial contribution, but may serve Singapore citizen kids)? I don't know the answer. Soplease come back here and tell us, when you have the result!

ICA is asking a very valid question that when you both are working then who will take care of your children? Secondly, when you apply LTVP for your mother and you don't have a helper then ICA already came to an understanding that you are bringing her to take care your children. There is nothing wrong or right here.

It's ICA to give LTVP to your mother or not is entirely ICA call. But they know clearly the intention of this LTVP. Good luck