Ausbildung Visa Query

Hi Everyone,

I am a South African, that has been offered and accepted an Ausbildung in Germany, I have a few questions/ concerns if you could be of any assistance.

1. My future employer has already gotten approval from ZAV, my next step is to apply for a visa in South Africa. On the diplo.de website it does not stipulate what documents are required for the application. I phoned the consulate and they stated that it would be the same as the employment visa, although there are some documents that I think differ. Can anyone shed some light on the process going forward and/or the documentation required, I have the following ready:

- Original High School Diploma and certified translated document in German
- Deutsches Sprach Diplom - zweite Stufe ( I attended the German school and had all of my classes in German up until Grade 11)
- Original Letter from the ZAV in Köln agreeing to the employment
- Original signed contract from my employer
- Completed visa applications
- Recent Bio-metric pictures

2.  Health Insurance: my current private health insurance covers me for the 1st 3 months in Germany, it is unlimited care and has been previously approved for my Schengen Visa. I called one of the Health Insurance companies in Germany and they stated that I would need a Residence Permit before being able to apply for Health Insurance. Will it suffice that my employer states that I will be covered by the state health insurance as soon as my employment commences? Or do I need to arrange health care by myself and provide the Visa Office with separate documentation.

Thanks and looking forward to the feedback.

1. Procedures and requirements differ between embassies, so you better ask for the details there. Since you will be employed as apprentice, I think the information you got is correct.
2. You will be covered by the (compulsory) German statutory health insurance once your employment commences. A separate private health insurance is neither necessary nor helpful.

Hi, can i ask you in which sector did you do Ausbildung. I am in the same situation; got Ausbildung place in Germany from outside and now need to apply for the visa. I was just wondering if we need letter from ZAV in all sector and if it is mandatory.
Thanks

Hi, you asked me, I have not applied for visa and yet to see if travel restriction makes any differences. :)

Hi guys! Who knows about motivation letter (ausbildung) for the embassy. Could u send a link with examples or any advices accordingly?

No such thing really. For any visa one just needs to give the reason; a long story about motivation and such is irrelevant.

but it's must have document in short list for the embassy  :/

You should yourself write down your reasons for wanting an apprentiseship in Germany.
The embassy of course knows all the templates (if there are any) and can reject your application if they think you disn‘t write it yourself!

@giselediasanta The user you refer to, saski.liebner, only posted once three years ago and never visited the forum again. It is thusunlikely that you will get a reply.

@giselediasanta How could I know if this user solved his/her problem or not ?!?