Change my visa for an ausbildung

Hi guys ! I am a moroccan citizen and I was wondering if I can register at a German intensive program for 2 months in Germany ( in Goethe institutof Berlin) and get into an ausbildung training right after getting my C2 level. I don't know if I need to change my visa for such a situation. Does it sound like a good plan?

Hi Ouss.belkhou,

I have created a new thread with your post on the Germany forum for more visibility and interaction with the members.

Thank you,

Priscilla
Expat.com team

The visa types for a language course and an apprenticeship are different. Thus you have to convert the visa inbetween. You should ask the German embassy, or the Ausländeramt of the town you want to reside in, whether such a conversion is possible while you are in Germany, or whether you need to return to your home country.

Thank you beppi for your help, really appreciate!!

Hi, did you manage to change German language visa to Ausbildung?

@Ouss.belkhou

Hi, did you manage to change German language visa to Ausbildung?

@Harrison Kingsley The user you are referring to, Ouss.belkhou, was last seen on this forum four years ago. So you might not get a reply.

You are welcome to post your question in a new thread, so anyone with suitable knowledge could reply.

Hey .My name is Shivam landed here in Deutschland  5 months back.I have already done my Bachelors in Hotel Management and gastronomy and thereafter good work experience of 3.5 years across india and Dunai,but still because of some financial problems came to Germany on Ausbildung visa.I am getting a full time contract in a restaurant here based on my Bachelors that I have done is it possible to change the visa or purpose of stay.

@aryashivam72 Why do you want to change from your current apprentice visa, and to which visa type?

Hey .My name is Shivam landed here in Deutschland 5 months back.I have already done my Bachelors in Hotel Management and gastronomy and thereafter good work experience of 3.5 years across india and Dunai,but still because of some financial problems came to Germany on Ausbildung visa.I am getting a full time contract in a restaurant here based on my Bachelors that I have done is it possible to change the visa or purpose of stay.
-@aryashivam72

Nope. Trying to change to working full-time after having entered on a visa to do such a vocational training is clearly forbidden and you must have signed documents detailing this to get the visa. A study visa for university allows some part-time work. It also means that if one completes a degree in Germany that they have up to 18 months to stay on and look for work in their field of study. But an Ausbidlung or vocational training is not the same.

A visa for vocational training neither allows part-time nor full-time work. The exception is work related and part of the vocational training.  A provision to look for work afterwards in the field of the Ausblidung is now allowed up to 12 months.

More about doing an Ausbilding available here:  https://www.make-it-in-germany.com/en/v … s/training

Government officials know that people will try to get a visa of any kind with the real  intention to find work. They cannot disregard such violations of the rules or it makes a mockery of the whole system of visas for studying or vocational training. That one would do an Ausbildung after having already gotten a bachelor is unusual to begin with. The other thing is that a non-EU person will usually not be accepted to take a job in Germany that is basically unskilled. That one has a degree in Gastronomy and hotel management makes sense if one is managing a restaurant perhaps but not just to cook and/or clean for example. So what exactly this potential job entails is important. Can one return home and apply for a work visa from there and be recruited back to Germany - because this might be your only legal option?

@TominStuttgart

can you please show the rule, where it has been written down that it is forbidden.

it is totally depend on the candidate. If you qualification and that is recognised by the ZAB. And you have a job offer related to the qalification and you do registration with work agency of the city. Every immigration office allows you to change it. I just changed and my three friends also changed it. And we have also from hotel management qualification.

And shivam bro you can change it. Just do your qualification recognised from ZAB and apply for gainful employment permit.

Moderated by Bhavna 7 months ago
Reason : Foul language
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct

@TominStuttgart
can you please show the rule, where it has been written down that it is forbidden.
it is totally depend on the candidate. If you qualification and that is recognised by the ZAB. And you have a job offer related to the qalification and you do registration with work agency of the city. Every immigration office allows you to change it. I just changed and my three friends also changed it. And we have also from hotel management qualification.

And shivam bro you can change it. Just do your qualification recognised from ZAB and apply for gainful employment permit.
-@Krishna Chauhan66

I would kindly ask you not to use such language. @TominStuttgart is one of the experts and respected. He like the rest of us work voluntarily to give and share the knowledge the best we know. Occasionally things change. So if you have an official link to your findings please do tell all. Then in future, everyone will know.

SimCityAT

Expat Team

@Krishna Chauhan66 German immigration and visa rules are, unfortunately, very complex and often vague. On top of that, they are interpreted in various, differing ways by the local foreigners authority ("Asländerbehörde") - which every German town has and which are often understaffed, overworked and difficult to deal with. It is very possible that you get conflicting answers from two of them (or even from two officers within one!). But you cannot choose which one serves you: It is determined by where you live (or, before you enter Germany, by where you intend to move).

So your only chance of getting an answer applicable to your case is asking there!

If you feel unfairly treated, you have the (theoretical) possibility to sue for your rights - but you'd need to engage (and pay) a German immigration lawyer and bring lots of time, as such cases take many months to years.

I hope this makes you understand that replies above (or in other threads) that differ from your experience are not necessarily wrong or badly intended.

Please, in future, do not imply this any more in your posts. We prefer a friendly and cooperative approach on this forum!

With visa rules they state what is allowed; they can't list all of what isn't allowed. Like a book on math will show that 1 +1 = 2, it will not make a list and say that the answer is not 3, and not 7, and not 131. it is very basic that one has to stick to the conditions and purpose of a visa. Allowing for people to come on a study visa or vocational visa (Ausbildung) does not allow one to simply change the purpose or it would encourage people to do so. There is enough fraud of people faking an intention to study to just try to work. A study visa specifically allows a certain limit of part time work. Vocational visas formerly didn't allow any work outside of what might be done in the program but now seem to allow 10 hours/week.

According to the link below, one finishing an Ausbildung in Germany can now stay on to look for work for up to 12 months after finishing. This is similar to the 18 months given to one finishing a university degree on a study visa. Germany offers good pathways to stay on and work in Germany - but only in context of finishing a degree or training. So I would turn it around and challenge anyone claiming one can drop out of a program and work to show me where it says such a thing is allowed - since it is obvious a different purpose.

https://www.bamf.de/EN/Themen/Migration … -node.html

Hallo guys can l ask .Is it possible tochange visa from visiting visa to any ausbildung visa once someone is in Germany??

@nyikadzinorunyararo Officially, this is not possible (as far as I know). But the individual foreigner office has some flexibility here - so ask the one in charge of your area!