Lung scar

I had a job offer in Al Ain (UAE) in 2009. Had my medicals, but was hampered by an old lung scar. I was really treated badly, sent to my apartment like I had a plague. My blood tests were all negative, but was told that tests were inconclusive.
Resigned after about 10 days and bought my own ticket back to my country.

Does this still happen? Surely, the medics are supposed to be educated, however, display the worst form of ignorance.

Yes it still does happen.  Lung scars are very problematic in this part of the world and in most cases, visas are not granted if you have a lung scar - whether TB or not TB (as in case of any doubt, it is still assessed as past TB).

This is their policy.  Nothing much we can do about it.

We're on same situation @angelme14..hope so that the rules of uae will change

Hi I am new in this forum.I only want some insights. I suffered PTB way back 2007 and treat it.Then on April 2016 I went to Dubai and land a job.My medical was went well also so I worked there for more than a year before I transfer to new company feb 2018 then terminated by june 2018.So i did multiple exit before I land a job this year.Then I went againg medical last june 16 then they told me to go for further follow up.went to al muhaisna medical center today.they only ask me question etc.then told me that PRO will pick up the result on 20th.Im so anxious right now with the result.is there any one who have same situation.