Help with regards to Dependent Visa for Germany

Hello and greeting to everyone on this forum. I have been following this form for the past few weeks and have gained from a lot of useful suggestions. Now that I finally have an appointment date with the German Consulate in Mumbai, I am posting some of the questions I had. I would really appreciate if the experts here or people with similar experiences could guide me.
I have a guaranteed job offer from a company in Hamburg. They have offered around 90000 Euros salary. I already have an appointment in first week of August at the German Consulate in Mumbai to apply for National Visa. the question I had was regarding my young kids. Can i apply for them at the same time as me or do I need a separate appointment for them. Also under Dependent category, do I apply under Family Re-union Visa or is there any other category I can apply under. Ideally I would like to take my kids along with me when i fly to Germany.
I have been trying to clear my doubts with VFS (they are the ones who take the appointments on behalf of the consulate), but they have not been very helpful. I have also written an email to the consulate but haven't had a reply.
I would be grateful if someone could guide me or share some of their experiences.

Unless the Mumbai consulate has other procedures than German embassies in other countries, you can submit the paperwork for your kids' family reunion visa together with your work visa application.
The only alternative visa for them that I could think of is a student visa, if you have enrolled them in a full-time university course or similar.

Thank you beppi for your reply. My kids are aged 5 and 3. I already managed to get them into a Kita in Hamburg. They start in October.
Hopefully all works out.

You seems to have everything well organised. Good luck!