Looking for at least a 2yr assignment in Mauritius

Good day

I've just recently signed up for this site. I'm from Los Angeles Ca and have traveled extensively. For the past 9yrs I've lived in various parts of the Caribbean - Cayman Islands, Puerto Rico, Turks & Caicos, Anguilla, Bahamas and just recently finished a consulting assignment in Curacao. My dream job is to spend at least 2yrs in Mauritius in the hospitality field. My expertise is food and beverage ( Director of Food and Beverage) I would love anyone's suggestions on finding a job in a hotel or restaurant as a Director or maybe even training a team on 5 star service. I'm single so I'm looking only to move myself for this 2yr period.

Hello,

Job opportunities for expats in the hospitality sector in Mauritius is getting more and more restrictive as the government has set up schemes to propel locals to positions such as directors and managers.
The only job openings for expats today reside in big international hotel chains but even there, locals are increasingly filling in.
Opportunities exist for general managers  especially if one is competent and has experience in specific markets such as India, China, the CIS countries and the Middle East, all emitting markets where Mauritius is actively trying to boost the number of arrivals.

Hello Winston H

I thank you for the information, I'm happy that the locals are given the opportunities for these positions. I know there are some US based hotel groups in Mauritius I will give them a shout

Hi,

Do you have a visa for 2 yr consignment? My company deals with work/occupation permit and shall get you the permit.

Regards
Raj

Moderated by Bhavna 5 years ago
Reason : Promotion of your company ? Advertising is not allowed on the forum section
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct

hi i want to marry  a mauritian woman in mauritius.. we are in relation.. i need guidance how to get married and stay and get some job in mauritius.. pls inbox

Hi,

You can apply for spouse visa with your partner cooperation. If you are looking for work permit or occupation permit we can help you.

Regards
Raj

Hi Raj

i need your assistance, could you kndly share your contact with me so that I can either email you or then speak with you

Reason : Contact details should not be posted on the forum but rather exchanged through the private messaging system. Thank you

Hi,

Ate you in mauritius  or in some other country?

Regards,
Raj

Most often the company that selects an expat takes care of the work permits, this has been my experience in the Caribbean.

Please email me your resume and let me your work experience and requirements

[link moderated]

I've attached my LinkedIn profile, if this didn't come through its Morris Wilkes on LinkedIn.

I'm open to a 2yr assignment or on a consulting basis as an F&B trainer.

Regards: Morris

Reason : Please share these details in private
rajsag wrote:

Hi,

You can apply for spouse visa with your partner cooperation. If you are looking for work permit or occupation permit we can help you.

Regards
Raj

Hello,

With all due respect, do you even know about the conditions, requirements and formalities to obtain a spouse permit/occupation permit/work permit in Mauritius?

Your profile says you are from India and working as a developer. So how can you help others with permits when those are granted only by official government bodies like the 'Board of Investment' for occupation permits and the 'Ministry of Labour & Industrial Relations' for work permits?

Regarding [rrahulrranade], it's clear he is trying to get married to be able to stay in Mauritius and I bet you do know crackdown on sham marriages by the passport and immigration authorities are in full gear right now and there are huge repercussions for all those involved.

It says link under review, will check it.

Your,resume is not visible yet on this website, email me. I can also forward to my team members.

In what sector do you and your team mates work? As I'm only looking at  Hotel/Resort opportunities.

Reason : Free advertising is not allowed. Please register your services in the business directory. Thank you

Hi everyone,

@ Rajsag, still, advertising your services or proposing your services is not allowed on the forum. You should register your company in the business directory and wait till members contact you.

All the best,
Bhavna

Hello  I just returned from Mauritius for a short visit. I intend to come back and work for 2years. I hold HND in Marketing, Bsc. In Business Administration and Certificate course in Operations Management from the International Management Institute, New Delhi, India. I have experience in I have about ten years experience in claims management and operations of any organization I find myself because of my versatility. I am hard working and ready to take up in contract work in any area. I am good in Microsoft office and other accounting application soft soft ware. I have experience in cashier role as well.
please can you help me find a contract in Mauritius so that I can work there. Thanks

Hi Cobbinah,

Contact the Recruitment Agencies in Mauritius to enquire.

all the best,
Bhavna

Hi! Raj, Share your contact details or call me on 5***

Reason : Contact details should not be posted on the forum but rather exchanged through the private messaging system. Thank you