@mcb345

How long have you been waiting?

See below:

Salary - 8.6k

Age - 29

Industry - Logistics

@JL Ace it usually takes 3 weeks.

@explorer0708

Noted. Ill share once I got the feedback, thank you!

Background:

Industry: IT

Related Experience: 5 years

Nationality: China

Education: Master degrees from US

Last year I got my first EP approved in 3 weeks. This year I got an offer from another employer so this is a new EP application.

Timeline:

19-09-2023: EP applied

04-10-2023: MOM "need 3 more weeks to evaluate this case"

27-10-2023: MOM "pending inputs from external agency ..."

31-10-2023: MOM "This case has been reviewed by another government agency"

still pending currently

MOM never asks for additional documents.

This week my HR followed up with MOM and been told "This case has been reviewed by another government agency". I am really confused why there is another "government agency" involved in this case? (depend on description in this forum, MOM might ask external agencies for Background check, but this kind of check is supposed to be processed by external agencies, not government agencies?)

Can I know roughly when it is supposed to have an outcome? Some of my friends got EP approved or rejected after 4 weeks recently, but only my case is still pending with no updates after 6 weeks.

Thank you so much :)

@zzyyss

may I know for your case, all the detail status like "pending input from external agency", does it show in the MOM website under 'pending'?

Mine has been pending for almost 4 weeks now.

But the status never change since day-1. It only mention that it's still pending and that my application is being processed 😅

Good luck for all of us!

@snowberry94 Actually my HR keeps following up with MOM every 2 weeks, the messages above are responsed by MOM via call or email, not shown on MOM System.

@zzyyss

hello, do you get an update for your EP application?

06/10: EP application submitted by HR (Education background was also completed and submitted along with the application).

07/11: Status still pending, almost 5 weeks already :/

@JL Ace

My application was also submitted at the same day as yours and currently still pending also.

Wish all the best luck for everyone! 1f601.svg

Hi,

Mine was submitted by Oct 1st week and then after 1 week it got invalid, Agency consultant did education background check and uploaded the proof doc by 26th Oct and from that date (26) it is showing as pending status.

Overall 1 month overed but after uploading education verification proof it is two weeks completed, kindly advise and any idea when it will get approved.

Thanks

@100K_SGD_PerMonth No still pending. Now I am so worried when I can have the result, maybe this month, next month or next year 1f611.svg

@zzyyss

My case is similar to yours. Last year, I had my first EP approved within 12 working days.

On October 5th 2023, new employer applied another EP for me and it is still pending today.

I also received the message "We need more 3 weeks to evaluate this case" on October 20th, which has started to worry me after reading some case in this forum 1f613.svg

Please kindly update here once you receive any updates on your EP, I will update mine as well.

im also here waiting for my pass approval but when i checked mom website i am unable to check the status 'no record found' that does mean my employer didnt apply to mom yet?  pl advise tqia

@amandasg

It's either your company haven't submitted the application for you or you can wait around 1 week after the submission date. If after 1 week of submission still no record found in the MOM website, you can check with your employer, ask them to call MOM.

Hi, I'm also waiting for my S Pass process. My HR told me that they received a reply from MOM. They asked for another 3 weeks to process my application. They did not ask for additional documents or rejects it. It is possible that they have a huge backlog now or there's a big chance that I'll be rejected? My HR passed my application on 25 October 2023 and receive the reply from MOM on 8 November 2023

@Rubydev

Hi, did MOM give any reason for needing an additional 3 weeks?

23/10 S Pass Applied

2/11 Additional info required : need to upload passport to HireRight, requested by HR

5/11 S pass Rejected/Invalid

Currently, employer (MNC) is waiting for MoM's reasoning and will apply for appeal after, first time application

@explorer0708 my HR told me that it's likely an automated reply and did not give any reasons.

@Rubydev

I think employer can see the reason. As pre the guidelines attached

https://www.mom.gov.sg/-/media/mom/docu … ervice.pdf

@Ca9650

the reason of rejection should be available for the employer to check.

please refer to this guide: https://www.mom.gov.sg/-/media/mom/docu … ervice.pdf

@explorer0708 I'm not rejected. As per my HR, the MOM sent an email which ask for another 3 weeks to process my application. They did not give any reason why they need another 3 weeks to process it.

I also received the same email on my 10th working days. I have been waiting for 3 weeks after that but still no update 🥲

Looks like a lot of people are facing the same delay here. So stay positive!! 😁

@snowberry94 please update us once you receive the result. Thank you!

@Rubydev

Sure! Please update us with yours too!

for everyone awareness on how strict EP approval nowadays. please watch this video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vgAFlXu9K4E

@JL Ace

bro, any update from your application?

@explorer0708 Thanks for the link. In fact, we already have a separate discussion thread about the new COMPASS evaluation system for EP. It does make the process more rigurous, yes, but also more efficient and predictable, because the criteria are known beforehand.

@beppi

I found the thread. thanks!

Sharing my case:

18/10/2023: Employer applied for Epass

30/10/2023: MOM requested for more time to process the appication

14/11/2023: Rejected

@Aagya

How is your Spass application going?

I would like to share my case:

- 11/10: Applied for Spass.

- 18/10: Rejected (Because my agency provided incorrect information about my degree)

- 20/10: Appealed

During the appeal process, I received a better offer. And I asked the company that was appealing to let me cancel my application to apply for a new offer.

- 7/11 : On MOM's website it appears that it has been rejected again. I'm not sure if it was because my old company canceled the application. That's why it appears that it's a refusal or is it because MOM refused due to another issue.

- 07/11/2023: My new company has applied for me. And today I checked MOM's website and there are still no updates for that new application. Only old filing information is displayed.

I'm really worried about whether I will be rejected again or not

Looking forward to getting advice from everyo

ne 🙏🙏🙏

@KCLHY Hello, did you know or did MoM inform you what the rejection reason is?

@Eira Nguyen It can take up to a week for MoM to enter a new application into their system. If it doesn't show up later, the employer shouldcontact MoM to find out what is wrong.

Cancelling an ongoing workpass application for another job offer is seen as negative by MoM ("job-hopper") and can reduce you chance of being approved.

@100K_SGD_PerMonth Hi, my employer shared with me that the reason was my education background check failed. I don't understand why it would fail given that I have been studying and working in Singapore for 15 years. I studied Secondary school here to begin with.

Anyway my employer also mentioned this educational background verification needs to be done by 3rd party agency according to MOM's reason for rejection. So he is going to engage one and appeal for me.

Praying hard!

@Ca9650 Hi, has your employer appealed?

@KCLHY Hi, my boss said theyre working on appealing for my case, and havent shared with me the reason for rejection. It still shows 1 record and invalid on mom website, how about you? has your employer appealed?

@Ca9650 I just found out that the HR manager wasn't up to date herself regarding the new policies. She didn't engage 3rd party agency (appointed by MOM) to do my background screening for qualification. Hence it was rejected right away. She is now engaging one and will wait for their report (5-15 days) then can appeal with this report...

@KCLHY got it, all the best to you and hope everything goes through, please keep us posted!

@100K_SGD_PerMonth did you receive any updates?

@Rubydev Hello, I haven't got any updates, how about you?