How long will my work pass (EP, S-Pass, WP) application take

@raah so the company do appealing process ?

@Lydia Turtle the company is unable to identify the reason for rejection only. I have no idea on what is happening with this process. MOM says ask employer to call and then only they will tell the reason. Thats why checking in this forum if someone been through similar process?

@Raah Many have been in the same situation: MoM will diclose the rejection reasons only to the employer - if they don't ask (and then tell you), you will never find out!

@raah are your company currently do the appealing process?

Hi all I have a question. Is EP or S Pass is only eligible for candidate that has secured a full-time job?

Can employer apply for EP or S Pass for 1 year contract role?

Is EP or S Pass is only eligible for candidate that has secured a full-time job?

Yes

Can employer apply for EP or S Pass for 1 year contract role?

Yes

Hi all,

Just wanted to share my application as it might be give some hope to those who are in a similar position to me. I have a DUI (I know, silly mistake and never again) from last year so the visa process was very stressful but thankfully today I got my visa approved working for a financial institution!! Here's the timeline:

24 May - EP applied

12 June - Visa rejected & resubmitted  (application was rejected as they asked for more documents in relation to my DUI)

21 July - MoM requested more time to review the application

29 August - MoM granted S-pass (not sure why an S-pass instead of E-pass as my salary is over 15k)

Apart from the long waiting time, there was a bit of back and forth between MoM, MAS and my employer, mainly on the justification of the role and hiring a local Singaporean. I'm not sure why I've been granted an S-pass but I assume it's because they want me to do a medical test but regardless I'm very happy! Thought I'd share as I've been looking online / on forums to find similar cases to mine, so hopefully this may help those who are in a similar position.

@Adsharm You are probably the highest-paid S-Pass holder I ever heard of. Congratulations!

@beppi Thank you :)

congratulations @adsharm very happy to hear u get it.

@beppi do I read it correctly on the website they will come back (extension, approval, rejection, more information)  to you within 10 days of an online S-pass? Mine has been sitting in pending for over 10 days now.

@Forgotit No,MoM does not give any guarantees about processing times. They only say that on average it might take this long. We wrote this so many times now, that I wonder if all those who ask it again and again cannot read ...

Posting my application status:

Background -

Nationality: American

Work Exp: 10 yrs

Industry: FinTech

Salary Offer:  $14K SGD / month

Other: Was previously a PR (REP expired in 2016 and I officially renounced in 2019 because my father was applying for a EP and I guess part of the process was that his dependents had to renounce their Singapore PR status) I have never worked in Singapore aside from a Part-Time job when I graduated from secondary school in the early 2000s)

EP Timeline:

EP Submission - 23/8/2023

EP Status Message Need 4 more weeks to decide on the outcome of this case as we are waiting for inputs from other agencies - 28/08/2023

Hopefully my EP gets approved soon but not sure if being been a PR and renouncing would impact the outcome.

Also would want to note that my EP status has always been listed as "Pending" since I first checked on 29/8/2023. I did not know of the "waiting for inputs" message until 11/9/2023 which is when my employer reached out to the third party vendor who is helping to process my EP and they sent that a screenshot of "reason the outcome is pending" that was listed on the MOM website but that reason was not available for my viewing.

Not sure if anyone else out there has a similar situation as mine.

Posting my applicAtion status:

EP applied: 31.08.2023

The status is showing Pending when i check. However my employer says they were given an intimation by MoM stating that they need more time. The day they applied for the EP, the application clearly stated that the salary critieria doesn't qualifies. yet they went ahead with EP as they did not have the SPass quota available.

Also, wanted to know if i as a candidate can check my SAT score. i have a SingPass as in am on Dp currently.

any idea how longer it might take for them to come back? also any case where they ask for more time and even then reject

any idea how longer it might take for them to come back? also any case where they ask for more time and even then reject

They need more time to reach a decision on whether to approve or reject - so obviously both is possible.

@beppi thanks for the help

@olive_tree_212

Updated EP approved on 21/9/2023

29 days processing time

In my case. Spass takes 14 days. HR applied on 17th July. Approved on 1st August.

Hello Expats

Has anyone went through EP Filing in September 2023 and EP Approved with new EP Rules being in the System?

Is it the same 3 weeks of time being taken for EP Approval or has a different ETA ?

I am with 14  + years experience and 6+ Years in SG. New Employer has applied for a EP,

Regards,

Abhi

as per MOM below

An update will be provided within 10 working days for your online EP or S Pass application / renewal.

EP applications for an overseas company without a Singapore-registered office will be processed within 8 weeks for most cases.

Anyone here whose EP was applied around 31st August and have got an Ep. mine is pending from a month now.

update:

EP rejected on 5/10/2023

no reason of rejection provided.

Since Salary is not meeting the criteria now, the employer applied for SPASS.

@Aagya it took more than 1 month before they decided to reject? :(

now your company applied for spass does it mean it will take more than 1 month again?

now your company applied for spass does it mean it will take more than 1 month again?
    -@explorer0708

Most likely Yes!

The current turn around time is quite high! very likely that they going to take time!

07-09-2023 S pass applied

20-09-2023 S pass invalid(my company didn't ask any additional document)

21-09-2023 S pass appealed

05-10-2023 S pass invalid

I informed my employer regarding the application and they still didn't ask any additional document. but now they asked whether I have past bad record, penalized or question by immigration before. Which is never. Thus I provided police record which is issued in 2021.

I am so confused by this S pass application. Anyone has any experience or idea whats going on here?

@Vivid23 I am sorry for your situation (rejection), but it was clear that an appeal cannot be successful if there is no change in the underlying data. The employer should always contact MoM first to find out the rejection reason - and appeal only if they can address (i.e. remove) it.

update:

My Spass also got rejected on 10/10. reason stated tht the company is not having quota and they need to wait for another month or two to reapply. they  didnt agree to increase salary and reapply EPass so i am stuck again.

after 3 years of unemployement there was a small ray of hope which is also gone

@Vivid23 did you submit education verification for s pass application or is it needed only for employment pass?

@ArunMJ My employer said only EP needs education background check.

@AR2022 Hello, did you got any update about your EP? I also working in Singapore and new employer submitted a new EP under the new EP rules after September 2023 (COMPASS)

Just sharing my current progress.

06-10-2023 EP/S pass applied

18-10-2023 HR received email from MOM that the application is still in process

2nd EP application.

Last time in 2020 took 19 calendar days to get approval.

Hopefully will not take longer since it's been a long process already if we include the time to complete the mandatory education certificates verification 1f605.svg

Hi, have been procrastinating but would like to share my process:

10th May: Applied for work permit for the first time.

10th June: Work permit rejected --> This applicant is not eligible for a work pass. Please find a different candidate. Did Appeal.

31 June: Appeal failed.

15 Aug: Applied for Second job with E Pass

20 Aug: Succeeded and approved.

Hope everyone can succeed too. Been working for almost 2 months already. 1f600.svg

I am one of the EP candidates whose EP got rejected after months of wait and now the appeal is pending for over 6 weeks. The company called MOM to expedite but still waiting.

This whole frustrating experience even after studying for 2 years and working for over 6 years in SG has put put me into thinking what does MOM actually wants?

if a company has shortlisted a candidate after taking 4-5 rounds of interview and the candidate is also keen to join the company on whatever salary benefits etc.. what does MOM has to do in all this?

if MOM wants to promote locals to be hired, got it. but after that there is this qouta for EP. If a company has a qouta just approve the damm EP.

why the hell they need 10 days or 6 weeks to access the application? what will a guy sitting behind the desk at MOM know more about the job than the company or the candidate?

feels so stupid and stuck after being staying here for over 8 years and still this country doesnt feels like home just because of these random logics.

does anyone have any thoughts on this?

if a company has shortlisted a candidate after taking 4-5 rounds of interview and the candidate is also keen to join the company on whatever salary benefits etc.. what does MOM has to do in all this?

A company only wants to get work done and make profits.

On top of this, MoM needs to take care of the following:

• You should not take a job that a local could do.
  • You should not undercut the local pay structure.
  • You should bring skills that Singapore strategically needs.
  • You should integrate and  become a good member of the local society.

These are all topics your employer won't care about. That's why companies are not allowed to hire whoever (and however many foreigners) they want.

But there is one additional point, in which the employer and MoM both have an interest:

• Your stated education, certificates, work expeience and skills must be true and verified.

This (background verification checks) actually takes the longest time during the application process - especially if your home country authorities, schools and/or companies do not respond timely.

There is no quota for EP: If a company cannot locally hire the skills it needs (but its growth would benefit Singapore), it will be allowed to hire as many foreign talents as needed.

In short: If Singapore would benefit from having you, you will be allowed to come and stay. If you want to benefit from Singapore, that is not seen as sufficient to let you stay. (Meritocracy!)

feels so stupid and stuck after being staying here for over 8 years and still this country doesnt feels like home just because of these random logics.

I can assure you that there is no random in MoM's decisions. And if you feel like this, you should start to realize that you are playing in their court, with their ball and their bat - so you better play by their rules - or you might no longer be allowed to play at all!

@beppi

I understand your point of view and I am just putting up my thoughts on the case and process. Exactly what it feels like, playing in their court, with their bat and ball, and their rules. Just waiting for quite a long time for my chance to bat again.

09/10: EP application submitted

24/10: EP approved

total 12 working days.

just to give background here, EP first timer and have prior 5+ years working experience. Wishing everyone a smooth process! :)

06/10: EP application submitted by HR (Education background was also completed and submitted along with the application).

25/10: Status still pending.

Currently waiting on my 13th day.

I am an IT professional from Philippines with 9 yrs of total and relevant exp.

EP first timer and first time to work overseas.

**duplicate reply, sorry.

@JL Ace care to elaborate more ? Like salary range or total compensation ? Age, and nature business of company ? As I am currently applying for it to