Need Help and opinion

Hello everyone.

I need help and opinion of u all. I am an Electronics Engineer. I posses a Student Iqama. I have experience of about 10 months as an automation engineer. I am getting a job as an  automation engineer in Riyadh. I have some queries.

1. Can I transfer my Iqama?

2. If yes. What is the procedure?

3. What is the Basic pay an automation engineer having experience same as mine can get? Keeping in mind that I m a Pakistani national.:P

4. I am getting basic pay of 4K + 25% HA of Baisc + car + medical + 1 year round trip tickets with 30 days paid leaves. Is it good for Riyadh?

5. How much traffic violation tickets on average I can get in a month? I m new to driving in the kingdom :D

Looking forward to hear from u all.

Falcon22 wrote:

Hello everyone.

1. Can I transfer my Iqama?

2. If yes. What is the procedure?

You have to change your status from student to profession(job) in your visa.Please hand over your employment offer to the Ministry of your Foreign Affairs/Chamber for attestation. Please meet Passport department to change your status in the passport. Generally Every Company has a Govt Relations department, and see if your employee can help you in this matter.

Falcon22 wrote:

3. What is the Basic pay an automation engineer having experience same as mine can get? Keeping in mind that I m a Pakistani national.:P

4. I am getting basic pay of 4K + 25% HA of Baisc + car + medical + 1 year round trip tickets with 30 days paid leaves. Is it good for Riyadh?

I think the salary offered to you based on your experience is OK. Since you r covered with the Basic HRA, TRansportation and other allowances, a bachelor fresher in RIYADH can live an average life style. You can get a single room in a decent shared apartment for a range of 500-1000 SAR per month (you even can get more cheaper rooms if you r willing to share with ur friends) and other expenses for Food, misc could range about 1000-1500 SAR.

Falcon22 wrote:

5. How much traffic violation tickets on average I can get in a month? I m new to driving in the kingdom :D

Looking forward to hear from u all.

Depends on how you drive :)

@uvnpsaradhi Thank u for the reply.

I have to attest my degrees from Saudi Embassy in Pakistan and for that I require an offer letter. Will I have to attest the offer letter from ministry of foreign affairs or just from chamber of commerce?

Falcon22 wrote:

@uvnpsaradhi Thank u for the reply.

I have to attest my degrees from Saudi Embassy in Pakistan and for that I require an offer letter. Will I have to attest the offer letter from ministry of foreign affairs or just from chamber of commerce?

this is your employment offer letter from your future employer.

Yes I know about this letter. But where to attest it from i.e. only for degree attestation. Attest from MOFA is required or not.

Falcon22 wrote:

Yes I know about this letter. But where to attest it from i.e. only for degree attestation. Attest from MOFA is required or not.

Here is the full procedure I am aware of, beware that rules and procedures can change from time to time, better you contact the Ministry of Commerce and/or Embassy of Pakistan in Riyadh for better up-to-date information.

its  along process and you need to have patience :)

1.Degree/certificate should be attested by your respective university and the concerned board
2.After getting attested from unviversity, u hav to attest it from Ministry of Foreign Affairs, Islamabad or from its Camp Offices located in Lahore, Karachi, Quetta and Peshawar.
3.After getting attested from both, u hav to attest it now from Consulate General of Saudi Arabia in Islamabad. (This is option in some countries do not required but better u attested it).
4.Then here from Pakistan Embassy in Riyadh. After getting attested from Pakistan Embassy, Riyadh u may ask them to issue u a NOC enabling u to get equivalent certificate in arabic from Ministry of Education of Saudi Arabia.
5.After completing all four option, u may attest it from Ministry of Foreign Affairs of KSA.

Attestation procedures for different agencies can vary from org to org, so better you contact respective institutions for actual procedures. For Ex, http://www.hec.gov.pk/InsideHEC/Divisio … ault.aspx.

more details @ http://www.mofa.gov.sa/Detail.asp?InNewsItemID=36413

alternatively you can contact a professional attestation agent, who can give a better up-to-date service.

i think that should clear all your doubts!
saradhi sure seems to know a lot in this area.. :D

uvnpsaradhi wrote:

3.After getting attested from both, u hav to attest it now from Consulate General of Saudi Arabia in Islamabad. (This is option in some countries do not required but better u attested it).

I m confused about this point from the beginning. Do I need an offer letter? If yes MOFA attestation is required or not?

Falcon22 wrote:
uvnpsaradhi wrote:

I m confused about this point from the beginning. Do I need an offer letter? If yes MOFA attestation is required or not?

I think you r mixing two processes (Degree attestation and Iqama Applying) and getting confused.

MOFA,KSA would never need to sign on ur offer letter.

1) Your degree certificates attestation would need to be done by your university in Pakistan, followed by MOFA in Pakistan, Embassy of Pakistan, in Riyadh and finally by MOFA,KSA.
2) Now next process, apply for the  change the profession in your akhama (R.P.). This is where you need your company/Sponsor's help. After getting from all concerned dept. Your company will attach the copy of attested degree/certificate along with your akhama (residence permit) documents to change the profession in your akhama (R.P.).

Its high time you talk to Pakistan Embassy people In Riyadh and get latest information and process to avoid further confusions