Teaching/V.P opportuities

As a qualified teacher in the USA what would I need to do to secure a position in the schools in the Toronto area? I submitted an on-line app to the Toroto Broard of Education, along with my resume and qualifications but I havent gotten a response.

Hi rrt, welcome on Expat-blog! :)

I hope someone can give you some advice - to find a teaching job in Toronto area.

I wish you good luck
Christine

Dear RRT,

Did you contact the Ontario College of Teachers? https://www.oct.ca/olr/Template.aspx?action=rege
At the end of the webpage they give you a number to call, if you have questions. In Newfoundland one goes through the Teachers' Registrar. All The best to you for your job search.

Pia

Thanks Pia. I will look into it asap. Happy holidays.

rrt wrote:

As a qualified teacher in the USA what would I need to do to secure a position in the schools in the Toronto area? I submitted an on-line app to the Toroto Broard of Education, along with my resume and qualifications but I havent gotten a response.

For Ontario College of Teacher you have to apply and pay a fee ~300$...and have "some" patience...it was a shortage five years ago, but these days I am not sure. But if you really want a teaching job in Toronto, apply as soon as possible, TIME is not on your side :(

PS They move really slow :(

canadianus.blogspot.com

Ok thanks. Sounds alot like the states! :/ Thanks