Moving to Toronto from Singapore as a Registered Nurse

Hello!

I am working in Singapore as a registered nurse and I am planning to move to Toronto in 2 years time as a permanent resident. I would like to ask for some advice.

1. What are the prospects of a foreign trained nurse in getting a nursing job in Toronto?

2.Are there programs organised by Hospitals or medical centres to assist foreign trained Nurses to immigrate and work in Toronto?

Thanks 😊

The job market for health care professionals in Toronto is very good.

To work in Toronto---or elsewhere in Canada---as a registered nurse (RN), you must apply for and pass the Canadian Registered Nurse Examination (CRNE).

You can submit your application from outside of Canada. If you meet all the requirements, you can register online and pay the applicable fee. 

You will also need to become a member of the College of Nurses of Ontario. This is a legal requirement for anyone who wishes to practice nursing in Ontario.

Contact the Ontario College of Nurses.
They will specifically help you figure out that you need to do to be able to work as a nurse.

1. As a foreign trained nurse in getting a nursing job in Canada anywhere in Canada not only Toronto you will need to have completed a college or university in Canada, so with your studies you need to go to a college or university and enroll in the RN program some credits will be recognized from your own program or Not.

2. In Canada you need to have a social security number , you have to be a Canadian resident, or a Canadian citizen to get that - so, no programs organised by Hospitals or medical centres to assist foreign trained Nurses to immigrate and work in Canada.

Good Luck