Family Visa _Myths & Facts (INDIAN joining in Oman)

I am writing this based on what actually happened with me, in short full details about Family Visa. I would also highlight some common myths which are not true.

1. There is no rule of 6 month waiting time for family visa, this all depends on PRO of a company. So don't think too much on this and by reading various topics don't take tension.
2. You need to get your marriage certificate Apostle from Ministry of foreign affairs. This can be best done when you are in India, However if you forgo to do this, you can do it in 2 ways -
Use local people who get this done but charge like 50-60 Riyals.
Or courier it to agencies in India and they charge 2500 Rs per document and courier us back. This is cost effective but takes approx 15 days including both side post time etc. (I used this one.) Also it is better get your degree done as it might be required later on, not for visa but for designation change etc.
3. You will need a rent agreement, there is no timing defined as such but minimum 6 months would do.
4. Photographs are required as per regular rules which everyone knows.
5. GAMCA medical report
6. Any one who has got more than 600 Riyal Salary can get their family. There is no rule for designation as such as many people say that your designation must be engineer or higher which is not true.
7. Your visa copy, Passport Copy, Resident Card Copy
8. Wife & Kids Passport copy.
9. No need of birth certificates of kids
10. Both husband & wife should have their name endorsed in each other passport.
11. No bank statement is required as if required company will put by themselves a salary transfer letter.
12. Give all these to your PRO and he will do the rest.
13. Processing time is from 5 minutes to 2 weeks, as I got my family visa in 5 minutes.

So in short before you decide to move to muscat, make sure you speak to your HR regarding family visa status and its only once your HR approves, PRO will do it and it is possible that if you negotiate well you might get family in 2 or 4 weeks after you come, but generally as 3 month is kinda probation it is advisable to plan family after that as you also should feel that Muscat is good place to go longer or not.

That's it from my side, in next I will write about Driving license which I am going through and about schools also about what to carry & other Do's and Don's based on what I have seen.

Feel free to ask if you have any queries which I can answer based on my info. All the best.

can you please tell me what documents from company side are required? there license etc. for family joining visa

regards

Only Salary transfer letter is required from company side, which they will easily manage. Rest all they will form and submit that.

That is what i am asking, rest all what documents?

When I say rest all means it is form filling etc. Nothing special. However as you might be aware only Omani people are allowed in visa center..so we never know actually.

Please tell me about family visit visa for my wife and 2 years old kid..

Thanks and regards.

Family visit visa is more easy. Only change is that you need not GAMCA report in that case, rest all process is same.

Thanks.. :top:

Hi Vinod.....

Thanks for the useful information. But I have one query could you plz clarify if you know / experienced.

I will do the apostle of my marriage certificate as one of the way which you said.

Actually my passport is issued before my marriage and on that my spouse name is not endorsed but my wife's passport is new and my name is endorsed on it.

My question is

After apostle of my marriage certificate & wife's new passport (in which my name is endorsed)

Is it necessary that I have to re-issue my passport only for endorse my wife's name on it.

If so Muscat Indian Embassy are doing that & what's the time-frame & expenses.

Thanks in advance.

Thanks & Regards,

Amit Naik

generally company registration document, which menions company's registration no with ministry of commerce and and there are other two certificates as well.

as per ROP website :' Copy of the specimen signature of the authorised signatories issued by the Ministry of Commerce and Industry, as for the personal sponsorships, a copy of the personal identity card must be enclosed for signature verification.'

i hope this clears a bit.

Yes please do that as no need to take chances on that. It is very fast process, you should get in 3-5 days max. Cost you can check on website of Indian embassy.

Please colud anyone clarify my doubt that I am going to apply family joining visa . Since my name is appearing in my wife passport and my wife name is appearing in my passport. even though my friends are saying that the marriage certificate muse be required.

Please suggest marriage certificate is required .Since the both of the names appearing in both of us passport?????

Yes marriage certificate apostile with ministry is must thought it is not mentioned on visa rules website.

Tnaks Ji

The attested marriage certificate is mandatory to apply for family joining visa.

Can anyone plz tell me that after my visit visa end can my husband apply for family joining visa or he have to wait 3 months to apply family joining visa

Answer to this question will be also not confirmed as it depend on PRO. People say that 3 month wait is must but I have my friend here, whose PRO told that they will give visit visa and during that time they will convert it to resident visa. So I can not answer any firm on this as no experience of this. May be other people who have faced similar situation can add.

Hinak wrote:

Can anyone plz tell me that after my visit visa end can my husband apply for family joining visa or he have to wait 3 months to apply family joining visa

Hi
I think he can apply immediately... But I would rather suggest him to contact his company PRO for further clarification.
All the best!

after visit visa end can family joining visa apply immediately

please post about getting driving license procedure ...where when and how....i am desperately waiting for that ....

I have cleared only Signal, Drum & Slop..not road test yet..  You can see other posts which people have done for road tests and will give u insight.

MDARSHIN wrote:

please post about getting driving license procedure ...where when and how....i am desperately waiting for that ....

Hi MDARSHIN,

Post your query under the appropriate topic for suitable responses, please.

This topic is not about Omani driving Licence.

You can also try a site search for what you are seeking.

i have my salary 400 OR ...then now its impossible to get family visa on this much salary?>
..:( ...and if there is any possibility what is it  ???please help with a honest opinion

No it is not possible at all. If your employer can give a proof of 600 + and submit in ministary of manpower den its only possible. or else you can just get them on visit visas.

ok finethank u brother....wat are the conditions and expenses for visit visas..and how much maximum time can a person family stay there..

Dear Vinod,
Thanks for the info. Really worth. And sad part is I'm being fooled. It's more than 6 months of stay in Oman for me. As believing the rule for family status, I brought my wife on visit visa. Now she has left after visa expired. Still company HR says, they finding difficulty with ministry to get family status.
Again I m trying to bring my wife in visit, as I don ve time to fight with this ppl. Can you pls tell, whether there is any time gap for applying visit visa again?? Matter urgent. Pls help.

It sad to hear dear.. Just check first if your company gave you family status or not and also what is the post on your local resident card..seek help of any arabic person he will tell u.

regarding visit visa, not much experience as I explained, however as per me there is no restrictions as such, once she exit ..that visa is over and now get a new visa and come back.

also check if during this visa visa..if ur employer can covert to family visa before its expire..so that she need not to travel back..you might get medical done here in oman for her.. as one of my friend company said that they will do this..though as per rules its not possible.

so its all ur PRO..and ur relationship with ur HR and ur impotence in the company. It is combo of three... good luck bro !

it is 3 months and can be extended for 1 month by paying additional fee.

vinodinoman wrote:

It sad to hear dear.. Just check first if your company gave you family status or not and also what is the post on your local resident card..seek help of any arabic person he will tell u.

regarding visit visa, not much experience as I explained, however as per me there is no restrictions as such, once she exit ..that visa is over and now get a new visa and come back.

also check if during this visa visa..if ur employer can covert to family visa before its expire..so that she need not to travel back..you might get medical done here in oman for her.. as one of my friend company said that they will do this..though as per rules its not possible.

so its all ur PRO..and ur relationship with ur HR and ur impotence in the company. It is combo of three... good luck bro !

Sorry bro..I just seen one other news...by Sumitran sir and its not possible..please see the link I am pasting here for your easyness

https://www.expat.com/forum/viewtopic.p … 58#3027265

so plan accordingly..bro.

Thanks for your effective reply. And I'm really upset. But will try to push these ppl. Thanks for your effort. BTW all the best for your road test.

Dear Vinod,

Thanks for the info. My doubt is that if we do apostle attestation of marriage certificate from India itself, is it further required to attest the marriage certificate from Indian embassy, Muscat and Ministry of external affairs , Muscat. OR only apostle is enough to submit the application for family joining visa...??

wazilmankara wrote:

Dear Vinod,

Thanks for the info. My doubt is that if we do apostle attestation of marriage certificate from India itself, is it further required to attest the marriage certificate from Indian embassy, Muscat and Ministry of external affairs , Muscat. OR only apostle is enough to submit the application for family joining visa...??

Doing it just from India is more than enough. Just ensure you do right apostile from India. In general doing it by ourself is very cheap but agents charge like 2500 Rs per document.

vijay balan wrote:

Thanks for your effective reply. And I'm really upset. But will try to push these ppl. Thanks for your effort. BTW all the best for your road test.

thanks buddy... and hope u will be able to manage this tough time .. u just need to push hard and try to make good relation with HR manager..

There is rule for designation. I have been trying to get family visa from a year now. But failed to do so. When i joined the company they didnt have engineer visas. So they gave me visa of a grinder man. And now i have been trying to get family visa from ministry but they are not giving. They want us to change my visa. My salary is more than 600 but designation is grinder man. We tried everything but failed.

gurru1989 wrote:

There is rule for designation. I have been trying to get family visa from a year now. But failed to do so. When i joined the company they didnt have engineer visas. So they gave me visa of a grinder man. And now i have been trying to get family visa from ministry but they are not giving. They want us to change my visa. My salary is more than 600 but designation is grinder man. We tried everything but failed.

It may be your PRO is not able to manage it. As my friend he did not had Engineer visa, he was on technician visa but still he got his family visa. Also website does not ask anything on designation however as mentioned earlier it is all in hand or PRO and his relationship (vaasta) in the visa office.
Recently they have started further more Omanisation hence one of my friend designation change file is stopped at the moment.

gurru1989 wrote:

Hi gurru1989,

This is invariably what happens when your designation is incorrectly mentioned in your resident card. Your employer has got you over on whatever clearance that they had then, and now you are paying the price.

Since it is largely your employer's mistake (and yours too partially as you have accepted it), speak to your employer and tell them that they must ensure that your family is able to join you. Tell them to do whatever it takes.

Dear friends....i am New in oman 4 months finished..i have to bring my family.on family joinining visa..my company hr told minimum 6 months bank satement is mandatory its New rule ROP . I just want to confirm.plz answer...

hamee wrote:

Dear friends....i am New in oman 4 months finished..i have to bring my family.on family joinining visa..my company hr told minimum 6 months bank satement is mandatory its New rule ROP . I just want to confirm.plz answer...

Hi hamee,

No one can advise you better than your company PRO on any matter official. So go by what he says.

This subject has also been discussed in great length in the forum. If only you will read through the numerous posts, you will get all the information you need.

Helo,
Very informative post.
i am female and my company pro says that we cant get visa of famoly under female sponsership.also wana know whether if family comes on visit visa what is gap period for next visit visa to b issued for which husband has to exit from country.this some1 has guided me.
waiting for response .
thankyou

Hi,

as far as i know your family can get visit visa for 3 months which can be extended for 1 more months and after that they have to wait for 1 month for a new visa.  i might be wrong as well.

and regarding sponsorship rules, i dont think there is any rule like what your PRO says, still we have to believe him as after all, everything is in his hands.