Visa Cancellation Process

Hi,

Can anybody guide me about the Visa Cancellation process and fee , and how much time it will take. I have listened that you can cancel your visa on the airport at the time of exiting.

I have employment visa.

Hi,

There is no fee for visa cancellation.

Employee's visa cancellations can be done only if accompanied by the sponsoring company's PRO.

An employee cannot go by himself / herself and get their employment visa cancelled at the airport and exit Oman.

The employee would be asked to return his / her resident card and the rest of the paperwork like signing and stamping the forms, etc would be done by the PRO.

The entire process of visa cancellation takes all but 5 minutes.

Once the employee's visa is cancelled, the person would be allowed entry into the immigration hall through a separate entrance.

Bets of luck.

Please I want to know many months do I need to stay before canceling my visa.

Hi Catherine Sunday,

You can cancel your visa and go back, even 1 day after coming to Oman.

I try doing that after spending 2 months here and up till now my sponsor refused to let me go back to my country saying that if I must go then I need to pay him back d money he spent on bringing me to Oman. Please sir, I need u to help me

Catherine Sunday wrote:

I try doing that after spending 2 months here and up till now my sponsor refused to let me go back to my country saying that if I must go then I need to pay him back d money he spent on bringing me to Oman. Please sir, I need u to help me

Hi Catherine Sunday,

Obviously your sponsor / employer would demand that they be compensated for the money which they would have invested / spent on bringing you over.

Does dat mean I cannot go back home since I don't have d money? Is it a must that I must stay. Pls advice me on what to do. I need to go back home because I'm in serious pain here.

Hi Catherine Sunday,

I do not know the background to your issue. Nor do I wish to know about it. But I suspect that it is serious enough.

If you are being held back by means of coercion or by force, then it is a serious infringement of your personal rights as an expatriate employee, and it is also a serious human rights violation. Both of which will be viewed very seriously by the authorities concerned.

You can go to your country's embassy (if there is one in Oman) and report your case. If your country's embassy is not here in Oman / Muscat, you can go to your nearest Royal Oman Police (ROP) station and file a complaint against those who are forcibly holding you back.

Leave the rest for the ROP to handle, on your behalf. They will negotiate with your sponsor / employer and strike an amicable deal for you.

As an expatriate employee, no one is totally helpless. There is always a solution. A way to come out of any crisis. So be bold and stay confident.

Thank u sir

But sir, I have been held captive at home and I'm not allowed to go anywhere, not just that, I also don't no where d police station is located. I'm just so confuse. Pls help

Catherine Sunday wrote:

But sir, I have been held captive at home and I'm not allowed to go anywhere, not just that, I also don't no where d police station is located. I'm just so confuse. Pls help

Hi Catherine Sunday,

Well, your story is getting murkier.

I can immediately think of two things which you can do :

Option # 1 :

So you obviously do have access to the internet.

Log on to the Royal Oman Police (ROP) website here https://www.rop.gov.om/

Choose the language. If you chose, 'English' on the left navigation bar, at the bottom you will find a 'Contact Us' button.

Click on that. You will go to a page with various boxes where it will say 'Enter the following information and click submit'. Fill in all the details and click submit.

The police will come and will rescue you.

In the ROP website, you can also do a search of the nearest police station.

Option # 2 :

If you have access to a phone, dial 9999 which is the ROP Emergency Hotline.

Speak to the Police Office on the other end. Explain your situation. Assistance will arrive.

Good luck.

Thanks u sir. I will do just that.

A friend of mine here in Oman said I should stay for six months and afterwards my sponsor can let me go, but I really don't no if it is true, please sir, do u have any idea about that.

Hi Catherine Sunday,

Why would your sponsor who has held you captive until now, simply let you go free after six months ?!? What would change if you wait for six months ?

If you are being held against your wishes, and if you want your freedom restored then you must immediately try to take whatever steps are required to win your freedom back.

If you are fine with the way you are being forcibly held now, then please remain so as long as you wish.

A friend of mine here in Oman said I should stay for six months and afterwards my sponsor can let me go, but I really don't no if it is true, please sir, do u have any idea about that.

Sir, I'm not OK here but I'm so confused. Thanks once again, I'm going with your suggestion. Thanks

sure,no rules like that,

Prabahar wrote:

sure,no rules like that,

Hi Prabahar,

No rules like what ?

Who are you addressing ?

While posting please be clear.

Hello sir,
How are you?
One friend post if goes out of the country without cancel visa have to face g.c.c. ban?
I answered that question only sir...

Sir, I need your help sir, I left from oman on december for my vacation but now I am going to Qatar....I dont cancel my visa....so how many years I have to face ban in oman from december?

Prabahar wrote:

Sir, I need your help sir, I left from oman on december for my vacation but now I am going to Qatar....I dont cancel my visa....so how many years I have to face ban in oman from december?

Hi Prabahar,

Without the NOC from your last employer, you would not be able to enter the Sultanate for a minimum period of 2 years, from the date of your exiting the country.

If you read the many other posts in the forum on this very same subject, you will easily find answers to all the other questions which you might have in your mind.

So read the other discussions on this subject first, please.

Is it possible for your old employer to extend your visa even if your already out of Oman? I was on leave and due to personal/family issues I did not return back, but formally informed my employer, sending them a letter of resignation. Just recently, I found out that my visa was extended for another 3 months, as I was applying for tourist/family visa. 
     How can my visa be cancel?

formally informed my employer, sending them a letter of resignation. Just recently, I found out that my visa was extended for another 3 months,

Either your ex employer is a big time idiot or you may have misunderstood something.  Please note that if you exit the country without cancelling the visa, it may automatically be cancelled after 6 months. Suggest you to take your ex employer's consent on it to avoid any further issues.

You also have to remember that once your visa is cancelled, you cannot re-enter Oman for 2 years if you don't have the NOC from your employer.

Thank you for your time sir.  Is NOC still a requirement as I'm applying as a tourist/family visit visa only.                                 
    And till when an employer can extend a visa without the presence the employee?

Is NOC still a requirement

Yes, NOC is still a requirement.

till when an employer can extend a visa without the presence the employee?

The term for employment contract is 2 years. An employer would never take a hassle of extending the visa of a person who practically doesn't exist in the country unless he/she is a personal threat to him. However, an employer can submit a request to the immigration to ban the person to enter the state based on many factors. In some cases, the employer may get an extension but that is very rare and has no limit to it.  If you are a victim of such case, you need to visit the nearest Oman embassy in your country and explain your situation. You may need to submit a request for legally cancelling your current visa and then take the things further.

hi
my friend have an issue , his visa got expired on September 2017.
the sponsor is not bothered to renew the visa now he need to go back to his home country.
what will be the issue he might face. and kindly tell me what will be his fine payable in airport till date

saaj abu wrote:

hi
my friend have an issue , his visa got expired on September 2017.
the sponsor is not bothered to renew the visa now he need to go back to his home country.
what will be the issue he might face. and kindly tell me what will be his fine payable in airport till date

If your friend's visa has been expired in September, why he is still in the country ? This is considered to be illegal. Secondly, it is the responsibility of his sponsor / employer to cancel his visa and send him back to his home country. There would be a considerable penalty while he makes an exit.
Make sure he doesn't stay longer and ensure that his employer arranges his visa cancellation otherwise he will be considered as an illegal expat and may face an arrest and deportation further.

Hi
Can I know what will be the fine amount
Thank you

saaj abu wrote:

Hi
Can I know what will be the fine amount
Thank you

I guess my above reply should clear the doubts. Its the employer / sponsor or the sponsor's PRO who will advice you on the fine amount. You can not do anything on your own.

Thank you

Very sorry for crashing in on  this post.
I just want to know if there are any other ways to cancel my visa without the company's representative? Had been discussing the issue to them over and over again and now I have an emergency back home I cannot wait for them any longer.
I'm wondering if they could cancel my visa even if I'm not in the sultanate anymore or will it take months so that my visa will be cancelled?
Thank you for the response

there are any other ways to cancel my visa without the company's representative?

No. There ain't no way you can cancel the visa yourself. Your company's PRO should be available at the time.

I'm wondering if they could cancel my visa even if I'm not in the sultanate anymore or will it take months so that my visa will be cancelled?

If you leave the country and donot come back, your resident card will automatically be expired in 6 months. You may do it (As a not so good option), however it is not considered to be a right practice though.

i just need to clarify, if the resident card is getting expired on dec 28th & the person leave before that say 27th dec.
what will be the consequence,
whether they can come in other visa after a month.

Hello sir this is Ahmed from india working in oman as a civil supervisor my from 2july2017,
Now i am going back to india on cancel on 31st of december should i pay visa charges and air fare's to my sponser please help me out...
Thank you

when you go final exit
your visa will automatically cancelled on airport
they will give cancelled stump

should i pay visa charges and air fare's to my sponser

Both of the above charges to be borne by the employer/sponsor. This is not your responsibility as per Oman labour law.

It means no need to pay. Thank you

Brother my employer is saying he wil dedect visa charges and air fare's what should i do please suggest me?

Is there is any problem if the visa expired automatically after 6 months, or else just for cancellation need to come back again to Oman?
The automatic visa cancellation and cancellation by Sponsor with the employee presence have any differences, if the sponsor will not file any police case against the employee?
Is it required NOC from previous employer for applying family joining Visa after 6month automatic cancellation of job visa?
If Automatic cancellation of Visa happened then, is it required NOC after 2 yr of Visa cancellation for applying new job visa?
Plz help,

Hi sudeesh edavalath,

Your posts have all been answered in detail elsewhere across the forum, if you would only care to locate and read those responses.

Here are some quick comments, against your queries :

Is there is any problem if the visa expired automatically after 6 months, or else just for cancellation need to come back again to Oman? - Usually, an employer will not wait for the employment visa to get cancelled automatically after 6-months of the exit of the employee. This is because getting an employment / labour clearance is a humungous challenge and no employer would waste it away.

The automatic visa cancellation and cancellation by Sponsor with the employee presence have any differences, if the sponsor will not file any police case against the employee?- See above.

Is it required NOC from previous employer for applying family joining Visa after 6month automatic cancellation of job visa? - Yes.

If Automatic cancellation of Visa happened then, is it required NOC after 2 yr of Visa cancellation for applying new job visa? - Yes.