Engineer visa license cost in muscat

Hello,
   I am ram from india. I am planning to move muscat in engineer visa. I just heard that there is a process of licensing engineer visa in muscat which costs around 800 omr ( around 1.5 lakh). Can anyone explain this licensing procedure and overall cost for that. My concern is my salary is below 250 OMR. Someone explain what are the things need to be done in muscat when we come in engineer visa.

For the sake of the other forum users, let me repost my conversations to you in private :

Hi Ram22,

First off, the salary offered to you is far too less.

An Engineer cannot be paid so low.

So you will be working only as a technician, or even lesser.

Choosing between the Engineer Visa and the Technician Visa is NOT your call.

Depending on what clearance the company has got from the Ministry of Manpower, they would apply for that available clearance only.

Engineering Visa for expatriates has been on hold for a while now. So in all likelihood. you will be a Technician only. That is why the salary is also so low.

If you are indeed a qualified Engineer with B.E. qualifications, do not accept this offer. You are being taken for a ride.

Please read the many other posts in the forum for you to get a better idea of the job environment in Oman.