Family Visa _Myths & Facts (INDIAN joining in Oman)

Thank you.

For gap between visa it is already posted if you just check one link..

I am not aware why cant a lady be sponser if she is working. One of my friend is doing this and no issues. May be others who know on this can comment !

Dears,
Let me assume that someone brought his family on family visit visa, then the family members obtain the medical check-up and blood virus test in certified hospital in Oman, then they have left to their home country, giving all other documents are attested. Can this person apply for family visa after his family exit from Oman?

I think yes and I hope you are asking about resident visa. As medical report is valid for 3 months so only issue is that gap between visit visa and resident visa. Best is to ask PRO as he is the person who can do wonders...

Dear  Sir,

Is this same procedure for  joining  family visa for my child?  Salary  need  to 600?  M y wife also worked in muscat, We need to  visa for  my child. What is the proceedure?

Hi,
          iam staying in oman from october 2015 on employment visa, my company mentioned R.O 500 basic and after probation R.O 600 with family status. recently i completed my probation period. my only question is when can i apply for family joining visa, because in my bank statement from november month i got salary R.O 500, from march my salary will be R.O 600, so can i apply for family visa in march please clarify, my company HR is saying i need to wait another 6months to get family visa..if possible can i get my family here on visit visa for 3+1 months here after completing visit visa, how many months should i wait for applying family joining visa.. please clarify..

Your family can come on a visit visa.

Between a visit visa and coming back again on family joining visa, or another visit visa, a minimum gap of 3-months has to be kept.

thank you Mr.Sumitran,
          Can you clarify about my salary to obtain family joining visa. because till feb my salary is 500ro, from march it will be 600ro. can you suggest..

krishnasatish wrote:

thank you Mr.Sumitran,
          Can you clarify about my salary to obtain family joining visa. because till feb my salary is 500ro, from march it will be 600ro. can you suggest..

Why ask, when all the answers are already available in the forum ?

Minimum salary requirement is R.O. 600/- to be eligible to apply for family status. And a minimum certain amount of R.O. 600/- salary transfer needs to be shown as proof to ensure that it is not a fraudulent case.

Read all the details that are already published in the forum please.

I know Mr Sumitran, to obtain a family visa salary must 600ro. my only doubt is from next month my salary will be 600ro so  can i immediately apply for family visa on march or should i wait for any certain period for a bank statement like that. please suggest..

My mother is already on a family joining visa and she has been out of Oman since the last 8 months she plans on travelling on Next week as her visa expiry date is after 5 months can she enter the country as i heard that if your out of Oman for more than 6 months the visa automatically gets canceled
Is there a provision for visa on arrival for 72 hrs at the airport for renewal reasons if the person is Indian

Bilal 1989 wrote:

My mother is already on a family joining visa and she has been out of Oman since the last 8 months she plans on travelling on Next week as her visa expiry date is after 5 months can she enter the country as i heard that if your out of Oman for more than 6 months the visa automatically gets canceled
Is there a provision for visa on arrival for 72 hrs at the airport for renewal reasons if the person is Indian

Hi Bilal 1989,

You must have this confirmed with your company PRO.

I hear that if a resident card holder is out of Oman for a maximum period of 3-months, then the visa is not considered to be valid any longer.

Secondly, there is no such privilege for Indian passport holders to get a visit visa on arrival. And, there is no such thing as a 72-hour visa as well.

The minimum validity of a visit visa is 3-months, whether you need it, or not.

Hi can anyone please suggest, i came to muscat 6 months ago, from this march my salary was 600.ro, so can i immediately apply for family joining visa, my HR is saying i should wait for 6 months to apply family joining visa, is it true...

Hi krishnasatish,

Always go by what your company officials tell you. Seek no one else's advice.

If at all, only your company PRO can do something about all things official. Nobody else can.

So if your company has asked you to wait for 6-months before applying for your family joining via, then I'm afraid you have no choice but to wait it out.

You cannot bypass the system and go directly and apply for your family joining visa. It has to be necessarily done by your company PRO only.

Dear Vinod

I am working in Oman as an Internal Auditor in a company for the last 7 months. I am looking after a family visa where all the documents are ready except the lease agreement which is in my dad's company name. He s having a company provided accommodation and I live with him. As lease agreement is one of the mandatory requirement for family visa, can anyone help me out with this?

Awaiting your valuable reply.

Thanks and regards
Shyamal

It should not be a issue as you can ask your father to get a letter from his company which states that your relation and you are living with him, However check with your PRO as well.

in other case you can get this rent agreement done easily, and it is nothing like a owner pays 3% of the total rent received on paper to govt.

shyamal008 wrote:

Dear Vinod

I am working in Oman as an Internal Auditor in a company for the last 7 months. I am looking after a family visa where all the documents are ready except the lease agreement which is in my dad's company name. He s having a company provided accommodation and I live with him. As lease agreement is one of the mandatory requirement for family visa, can anyone help me out with this?

Awaiting your valuable reply.

Thanks and regards
Shyamal

Dear Vinod

Many Thanks for your reply. Do you have any contacts in Muscat who can prepare a rental agreement in this manner? Kindly share it with me.

Regards
Shyamal

Hi,
I have come in Oman on this month and like to take my family for joining with me.
While taking interview i have asked to HR that am i eligible to get family visa ?
HR told me that your grade is Executive and you are eligible to get family visa,but i did not know all these that salary should be 600 omr and all.
1 )My salary is 550 OMR and accommodation provided by the company. will be there any problem ?
2) On my wife's Passport my name is mentioned,but on my Passport her name is not mentioned,but we have marriage certificate and on my daughter's passport our both the names are mentioned as father and mother. So will be there any problem ?

1) you need to check with your PRO as on salary statement how much they are showing. it they are showing your salary including your accommodation it might be shown as more than 600 omr. in that case you are eligible to get family visa.
2) your passport should include your wife's name in spouse column to be eligible.

Thanks a lot for the answer.
So my passport is in Oman ,how will I add spouse name on that,please let me know the procedure.

to add your wife's name essentially you will have to apply for a new passport.

you have to go to BLS passport services office near wattaya :Forth Floor (C Block), Building No 1340, Al Tamimah Building (Polyglot Institute), 327 Al Wutayyah St, Muscat, Oman
Phone: +968 24 568970

they will give a form for new passport, you have fill that form, along with your photographs (2 copies), copy of marriage certificate, etc. you can inquire about the documents at the reception counter at BLS.  after applying you will get a new passport in about 15 days.

get your marriage certificate attested along side that would save your time while applying for family visa

hi there

i am an Indian expatriate staying as dependent with my husband in Oman since 3 years. my resident card is going to expire in march 2017. visa expiry is also in march .

i will go India for delivery of my baby this November and  may not return before next march. so, here my question is can i renew my resident card prior to 6 months of expiry??

i knew i could apply along with my husband whose resident card expiry is in February 2017.
could we both apply for renewal in november itself??

if this is not possible...then i have to apply for new visa right....so my husband could do process here through company....but do i need to follow the same procedure like apostile of marriage certificate, gamca etc.,..please do help me..urgent.

thanks

It depends on your husband company & PRO. Better to do visa renewal in advance as my friend wife just did the same and she has gone to India for delivery

in advance means it is prior 4 to 6 months of expiry right.. but is it possible to renew that much before??

Yes please, apply and get your new card with 2 years validity and you can go with out any issues.

but here in same forum some one telling we can't apply  for renewal 4 to 6 months earlier...please clear this

I dont know about forums, I have told you what I know and what is experienced, rest is your wish.

it's ok ..my qestion is about the timing only... anyway as u said we should check with company PRO . thanks again.

Dear Vinod,

Thanks for detailed information. It really helps.

Hi,

No only on Wife's passport your name as spouse will suffice, no need to add her name to your passport by reissuing it etc

hii,

I am in Oman since Sep 2015 ,  I applied for family joining visa this month my HR says you need to give bank statement of OMR 600 of last six month .

Is it really mandatory for Family Joining visa ?

if HR is asking then you have to give no other option..as this makes your visa case clear..because 600 OMR is must..

Thanks for Reply.

Its nowhere written on ROP website in family joining visa requirement?

Is it unwritten rule?

Yes, there are many unwritten rules..

Your visa will be done by your PRO and if he ask something and you dont give it., you are putting a risk on visa..

Ok

Thanks

If the person on family joining visa is staying out of oman for more than 6 months ; will that visa expire like an employment visa ?
Kindly guide me please...

Well ....if i remember correctly, there is a date on the visa, and the person is suppposed to move in before that date.

Thanks

MohandasEarath wrote:

If the person on family joining visa is staying out of oman for more than 6 months ; will that visa expire like an employment visa ?
Kindly guide me please...

Hi MohandasEarath,

Earlier, there was a 'maximum period out' stipulation. But that has since been waived.

Now the person on family joining visa, and carrying a resident card has to be in Oman at least once every two years to renew the visa and the resident card.

Thanks a bunch for your reply N advuse

Many thanks for the clarification. That means till the residence  permit expires there is hardly any problem

MohandasEarath wrote:

Many thanks for the clarification. That means till the residence  permit expires there is hardly any problem

Hi MohandasEarath,

However, it would be worthwhile for you to have this double checked directly from the government authorities, through our company PRO. Like I have mentioned many times in the past, the residency rules are ever changing in the Sultanate. So it is better to get the latest on this particular issue.