What are the procedures to immigrate to canada from morocco ?

Hello everyone,
First I thank you for your activity on the forum, in fact I'm interested in immigrating to Canada, i'm from morocco and I am currently serving as an engineer and IT development it's been a year, i'm 25 years old and I have the following questions:
1-Would it be beneficial or advantageous to go through an immigration office? if so, how to choose the right office? according to what criteria?
2- What are the costs if you have ideas? for one person and for a family of 2 people?
3- Do I look myself for a job there before i go or it is the office that should be involved?
4- Do I get my diploma recognized over there to work with and there other alternatives? and how to do?
5- How long I will have the complete file and how soon I will have the answer?
6- What are the conditions of acceptance / rejection of file?
7. In case of refusal, what to do ??

I know this is long, but please answer me, all ideas are welcome ...
I thank you once again.
Thank you.

That's a lot of questions.

First of all, you must know that going on this journey is not going to be easy one. It will take time and money and although if you have no problem with the second item, time is another one altogether -  you are not going to stall your life just for this and by right, one shouldn't. That said, here are my answers.

1-Would it be beneficial or advantageous to go through an immigration office? if so, how to choose the right office? according to what criteria?

It will help to get an immigration consultant. Good ones come with experience and helps you through the intricacies of the process. No matter how detail you may be or you think you are (unless of course you do not have a life and after your real work, work on this, you'd probably may make a mistake and that may cost you)

2- What are the costs if you have ideas? for one person and for a family of 2 people?

Be prepared to set aside approx about $CAD 5000
Then don't forget you need also to have proof of funds which is $CAD 18,000 for 2 person.

3- Do I look myself for a job there before i go or it is the office that should be involved?

What office? No one is going to help you but yourself. Unless, you have the fortune of finding a company that is willing to sponsor you, you are on your own. And nothing beats being here in person to actually find for a job. Therefore having lots of cash upfront to support your first few months when you arrive is crucial.

4- Do I get my diploma recognized over there to work with and there other alternatives? and how to do?

The new process through Express Entry requires that you validate all your educational certificates like your degree or masters through https://www.wes.org/ca/
It'll cost about $CAD350 per person.

5- How long I will have the complete file and how soon I will have the answer?

Again, can't answer that as its all the new process that just started this year. No data for that yet.

6- What are the conditions of acceptance / rejection of file?

Acceptance? - all your forms are in order. you got your docs correct. you're not a criminal. you have the money to proof that you can make it on your own when you arrive. you are healthy. and you can contribute to the Canadian economy and would not be a burden to its EI program.
Rejection - if you don't meet the requirements above.

7. In case of refusal, what to do ??

Depends on the reason for refusal. If it was the CIC's mistake, then if you had immigration lawyer (note: not consultant, you'd probably can get their help to file an appeal). But if its not, then don't bother. Try again later...

First , I would like to thank you for your clear and complete answer, and for giving the time to answer all my questions.
Thanks alos for the informations given.
You are an example for an immigrant from Malysia , am i right ? so if you don't take it as a personal question : how did you  find the experience ? and why did u say : "you are not going to stall your life just for this and by right, one shouldn't." ... ; it was that hard to start a new life there ?

The reason I say that is simple... Don't let the process and the waiting affect your life. E.g. you shouldn't hold off the wedding, or wanting to have a kid or starting a new career path just because you don't have an answer yet.

I'm speaking from experience. Yes its personal. And I'll keep it that way.

For me, I was already here as a PhD student. Then got hired for a local IT firm and converted to a work permit and only recently got my permanent residency status. For me the experience was a little sheltered because I had the cover of living as a student for awhile -  it soften the impact (as a grad student you'd have stipend and also I lived in a co-op apartment for mature students which is way cheaper and in the downtown core). And with work, I was fortunate to start from where I left back home. I didn't have start from beginning and the company included my experience from back home.

Its obviously not easy to start a new life, especially when lots of things are different for you. It takes time. And sometimes it takes lots of money too - especially if you haven't found a job.

Thanks for your quick answer and for sharing you experience yet it's personal.And i agree with you in many points.
So , i' m just on the way of thinking about the topic and the idea in global and got interested about that; but at the same time i'm living my life and caring about my career here.
Many thanks to you.
I have an other question to have a global view, how much life costs there for 1 month for example ?

It really depends on where you live. You can use numbeo.com to get an estimate. Be sure to drill down to the city itself.

One thing to note is also commuting time. If you live in Toronto and you work in downtown core, chances are you'd definitely live out in the suburbs because it cost cheaper to rent there. But you'd spend time (which is money as you are on the road or train more) to travel to work. So little things like this you have to consider. If you're young, perhaps that's ok with you. Then again, it depends on the individual. For me, I'm not a fan of long commutes. I rather live somewhere smaller like Halifax where I am - where the commutes are shorter...

Also in the long run, you'd want to buy a home. Smaller cities/town, home cost cheaper too. But if you're young, that may not be on your mind yet.

Hello everybody ..

Hi Philipyeo ...  how is the job market and things going in Halifax? I am from Toronto here, its very competitive and got to keep up with the technology !! .. Good thing is weather is awesome now :)

Hi SD007 :)

We are talking about the procedures to immigrate to Canada on this thread. As your main question is about the job market, why not create your own thread on the Canada forum for more visibility ? :)

Thank you

Priscilla

@SD007 I'm a little later type or summarize stuff. But here's a link to give you an idea the current state of economy for NS is like http://thechronicleherald.ca/opinion/12 … xt-detroit

Its a recent article so its pretty fresh... That'll give you an idea.

That is a great reply from philipyeo and I agree with him completely. Whether you are moving or not, life must go on. Now about your questions, you seem to have a lot of them. I think to get the accurate answers to your questions, you should meet an immigration lawyer like Green & Spiegel or a consultancy (gands.com/canadian-immigration/), although a lawyer may help you more with legal aspects of the immigration. I think there can be issues with your diploma in Canada as they don't consider every course or universities with the same value. You must confirm it with a consultancy or a lawyer.

SD007 wrote:

Hello everybody ..

Hi Philipyeo ...  how is the job market and things going in Halifax? I am from Toronto here, its very competitive and got to keep up with the technology !! .. Good thing is weather is awesome now :)

Sorry didn't see your post. Not sure how long ago you posted this. But if you're in the tech sector, then things are looking upward here. There's lots of small to mid sized startups popping around here. Big companies too.  Take for example IBM who's expanding their workforce from 500 to 750 soon - http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/nova-scot … -1.4035226