Québec selection certificate


I am planning to emigrate to Canada and ideally to Ottawa where my family is. I was advised by a consultant that the easiest way for me would be to do it is via the Quebec route as I am fluent in French and hence I would be the main applicant (there are 3 of us). But the deadline is the 31st March to obtain the Quebec selection certificate. Now I am getting quite confused with some aspects of this application and I cannot get more advice from the consultant as obviously they want me to pay first but I wonder if I can just do it myself.
Hope I can get some advice from people here who are experiencing similar situation.

Looking at the date, there is just a little over a month to get my application ready. Is it realistic? This is because:

I worry that I won't get the results to the French test in time. If I don't will it be acceptable to send the results after the application has been submitted?
Would I really need to take the test if I come from a French speaking country and have A level grade in French from my education and some other certificate obtained from France?

If my application is successful and I could finally emigrate to Canada, would I have to stay in Quebec for some time or can I just land there and move to Ottawa within the same day?

Any advice would be appreciated.

Hello nalmay,

First, there is no need for you to obtain the help of a consultant to emigrate to Quebec. You can apply by yourself. It will save you money. You have everything on Quebec's official website: http://www.immigration-quebec.gouv.qc.c … index.html

However, if you still would like to seek the help of a consultant. He/she must be a registered one. Here are some links:
http://www.immigration-quebec.gouv.qc.c … rkers.htmlhttp://www.micc.gouv.qc.ca/publications … ltants.pdf

As the application for the CSQ is closing on 31st March 2014, I believe that you do not have much time to do the French tests, and I think that the results can even take weeks to obtain.

Even though you come from a French speaking country or you have A-level grade in French, you still need to do standardized french tests.
"Candidates in the skilled worker subclass (principal applicants and spouses) who wish to obtain points for their French knowledge (principal applicant: maximum of 16 points, including 14 points for oral and 2 points for written; spouse: maximum of 6 points for oral) must demonstrate this knowledge by enclosing with their immigration application the results of a French evaluation test issued by one of the two organizations recognized by the Ministère, specifically:

the Test d'évaluation du français adapté pour le Québec (TEFAQ) of the Chambre de commerce et d'industrie de Paris Île-de-France (CCIP);
the Test de connaissance du français pour le Québec (TCFQ) of the Centre international d'études pédagogiques (CIEP);
the Test d'évaluation du français (TEF) of the CCIP;
the Test de connaissance du français (TCF) of the CIEP;
the Diplôme d'études en langue française (DELF) of the CIEP;
the Diplôme approfondi de langue française (DALF) of the CIEP.

The first two tests (TEFAQ and TCF-Québec) only evaluate oral comprehension and production. Only candidates who wish to have points awarded for oral results (comprehension and production) may present these tests. Tests evaluating written comprehension and written production should be integrated with these two tests in 2014. In the meantime, candidates who wish to obtain points for the four categories of language knowledge (oral comprehension, oral production, written comprehension and written production) must register for the TFC or FEF. If these tests are not available, they can register for the DELF or DALF.

The current list of TEF, TEFAQ, TCF, TCFQ, DELF and DALF accredited centres can be consulted on the the Internet sites of the Chambre de commerce et d'industrie de Paris Île-de-France and the Centre international d'études pédagogiques (Centres d'examen DELF - DALF and Centres de passation du TCF pour le Québec).

To prove your language knowledge, you must provide the results of a standardized test, even if French or English is your mother tongue."
Link: http://www.immigration-quebec.gouv.qc.c … migration-

For the evaluation of French knowledge, level 7 (advanced intermediate) of the Échelle québécoise des niveaux de compétence en français des personnes immigrantes adultes or its equivalent (level B2 of the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages) is the minimum threshold from which points are awarded.

I think you can still submit an application without the language tests, but I can include a letter saying that you have already registered for the exams. Proof of registration is then required with your application. If they are willing to accept your application, they will then send you a letter to give you a time frame for your to submit your results.
"The principal applicant can obtain a maximum of 6 points for knowledge of oral and written English, including 2 points for oral comprehension, 2 points for oral production, 1 point for written comprehension and 1 point for written production.

For the purposes of evaluating the immigration application, points for French and English knowledge are awarded exclusively as a function of the scores confirmed on the attestations of evaluation test results submitted by candidates.

Candidates who do not submit any results from standardized oral or written tests must specify this by marking the appropriate box(es) on their application for a selection certificate.

The results must have been issued less than two years prior to the date the application was submitted." Link: http://www.immigration-quebec.gouv.qc.c … migration-

Hope this helps! Good luck!

I recently received my TCFQ results and they show B2 on the sleaking and reading part but unfortunately B1 on the listening part (I scored 399 points - only one point to B2...!). Now, I am planning to attend to the listening module again but the question is: is it possible to attach two original TCFQ certificates to the application,request?

Thank you!